“Great Overnighter”

Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Mission Viejo, California
“Great Overnighter”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express was very nice with a good staff and clean rooms. My room was beyond satisfactory and was great for my one night stay. The hotel was very conveniently placed, would definitely recommend to other travelers!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here, as I agree that we have a nice clean property with such an amazing staff! Please come visit us again on your next trip to Springfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was in the city for work so a friend has suggested this hotel. Easy access of I-44 so I couldn't resist! After a day on the road I wants someplace to get to easily and this for the bill! A very friendly staff welcomed me and made sure I was taken care of. Huge center to the hotel which gives a bigger feel to the hotel. Restaurant made me a sandwich near closing that I took to my room which was greatly appreciated! Nice pace to stay and I'd go back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience, and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We really appreciate the time you took in posting comments to share with our future guests. Yes we are one block south of I-44 from exit 80 on Glenstone, which makes it really convenient for travellers getting to and from the hotel.
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Very comfortable and oversized extremely clean rooms. Staff was very attentive.Early morning limited free breakfast Close to major highways. Great for families. Many choices for shopping and dining in the close area

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your experience with others, as we value guest feedback greatly. Glad that you had a positive experience and were comfortable in our clean guest rooms. Compared to alot of hotels our guest rooms are spacious. Please visit us on your next trip to Springfield.
Farmington, Iowa
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The physical hotel appears fine but once we got in things were down hill. First you have to pull or push your luggage cart up a ramp to get to the elevators which is a real bummer. Once we got in the room it seemed fine until we tried the TV which didn't work. I went down to the front desk and they called a maintenance guy who gave me some clues about how to make it work. Come to find out someone, probably the maid, had shut off the input to the TV. It would come on and light up but you could not change channels with the remote or on the TV. I finally did get the TV fixed but by then it was the 4th quarter of the game I wanted to watch. In the morning our bill was under the door as usual but it was the incorrect rate. We had checked in with another couple and their bill was correct. I told the lady at the front desk about the problem when we checked out and she proceeded to fix it. The difference was only $12.00 and I was about to tell her to just forget it but she finally did come up with what she said was the reduced bill. Well, then I looked at the bill and it was $24.00 more than the first incorrect one! I showed her the problem and after about 10 more minutes I had a corrected bill. On the plus side, Paul at the bar was very pleasant and although we will not stay there again we may stop in and have a drink at the bar.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and please accept our apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay. I am glad to hear that your problems did get fixed during your stay, although I understand the inconvenience of having to deal with. If you are in town again, please contact me directly so we can show you what a great property we have to offer, and I will make sure you get a great rate. Knowing that you have difficulties going up a ramp or 4 stairs, our staff member should have let you know that we do have an alternative entrance on the south side of our building that brings you in right by the elevator without having to battle a ramp or stairs. Thank you again for sharing your experience.
Bridge of Earn
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed one night here during a trip along Route 66. Many thanks to Jeff Long who upgraded us to a suite as it was our anniversary during this trip. This was by far the most spacious rooms that we stayed in during our holiday. Jeff also dropped us off at a restaurant we we enjoyed an excellent meal, although he offered to pick us up we managed to find our way back. We would definitely recommend this hotel and the excellent customer service that we received.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Glad to know that I could be of assistance on your trip to Springfield. Thank you for sharing such nice comments, as we try our best to provide excellence in Customer Service. Glad we could make your recent stay an enjoyable one, and look forward to your return to Springfield one day. Thank you for staying with us!
Denton, Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Nice hotel and close to the interstate.

The staff is always very pleasant and attentive and rooms are quite nice and well maintained. A couple of times we've experienced noise from the adjoining room, but this is when we're in a room with doors (closed) between the rooms. If there's no communicating door, no sound problem.

The only drawback for us is the lack of a free breakfast. We stay mostly at Marriott properties which generally have free breakfast, so a charge for breakfast is a negative for us.

Room Tip: Get a room without communicating doors to an adjoining room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your return business, thank you for sharing your comments. Being a full service Holiday Inn the Breakfast is not included with the rate, but we do offer a "Best for Breakfast" rate for just a few dollars more for those travellers that would like the breakfast built into the rate. Next time you are travelling through just inquire about our breakfast rate, which typically brings our rate up to where the Holiday Inn Express rate is, alot of times guests are not aware that our daily rate is typically lower than the Holiday Inn Express, since we do not include breakfast and once we add the breakfast rate on there... rates are very competitive, and you get a full service restaurant for the same cost!
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here for National volleyball tournament. Decent hotel, seems like its an old facility though. Big, clean rooms. Full service restaurant $7-8 range with basic $8 buffet. Nice litte bar lounge. Good price for basic accomodations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Glad to host everyone for the National Volleyball Tournament. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor and look forward to your return next trip to Springfield. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do in the future to make your stay more comfortable.