“Nice hotel, great staff”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Dallas, Texas
“Nice hotel, great staff”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My 8-year-old daughter and I stayed here, along with my parents, for one night while traveling back to Texas. In the interest of full disclosure, we are Priority Club members, so I am not sure if this affected our treatment at the hotel.

We arrived around 4pm and our room was ready. The front desk staff were very pleasant and the check-in process was quick.

Our room, a king suite, was spacious and clean. I slept on the fold-out couch (my daughter camped in with her grandparents on the king size bed!) and found it, shockingly, to actually be comfortable! This is a first - I've slept on pull-outs at Disney, the one place on earth you'd expect comfort, and found this one to be BETTER.

Despite the fact that there was a religious convention at the hotel, we never heard a peep. Our room was super quiet (even facing the street!), bright with the curtains open but very dark and peaceful with the blackout shades drawn.

Overall we had a very nice experience, found the staff to be very accommodating (delivered extra pillows with a smile, always had a cheerful "hello" when we entered) and the hotel and rooms are quite lovely.

As an added bonus, it is within walking distance of a Cracker Barrel - just in case you don't feel like eating at the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: The 5th floor king suites are tucked away off the main hallways - VERY quiet!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent trip to Springfield. It is always nice to hear such great comments from our guests. We always strive to deliver excellent customer service, and delighted to know that you had such a wonderful time while staying at our hotel. Hope to see you again on your next trip, thank you again for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor so others can see what a great hotel and staff we have.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
chicago
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our family stayed one night and the service was good. Arrived about 2pm and our room was ready. I didnt realize the hotel was so large. Traveling with my elderly grandfather who has difficulties walking long distances we had requested a room on the main floor or close to an elevator and we were on the 4th floor quite a distance from the elevator. We brought along my grandfather's wheelchair though so it was ok. check in was smooth, we were directed where to park so that it was closer to our room, We booked a 2 room family suite. it was clean, spacious, beds were comfortable. there was one bathroom with nice amenities, bath and body works brand toiletries, a handicap accessible shower and jacuzzi tub. only 2 chairs to actually sit down on but we weren't really in the room too much. the pool was indoor and there was a hot tub. very nice. I'm a Priority member so I received a complimentary drink coupon in the bar. service there was fast. we used the coffee pot and cups right away and called down to request more. staff was very quick at bringing replenishments. Breakfast the following day was pretty good. Only 8 dollars per person for the buffet. I think. it was a good selection and was convenient but there are a number of places along the same place if you're interested in exploring. The only thing my husband was disappointed in was the TV channel choices. We are not normally big tv fans but we stayed during the BlackHawks playoffs and being from Chicago area he wanted to watch the game. The game was playing on a cable channel that the hotel didnt offer. Apple bees down the street had it though :) All in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank newtoy
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our property, as we do value guest feedback. It is nice to hear that overall you had a good stay with us, and from your comments I will pass along to our staffmembers where we could improve. The channel selection in which you are speaking of would be CBS Sports, which broadcasted some of those hockey games, and we are looking into making a few channel selection changes of which that is one channel I would like to see in our rooms as well. Thank you for letting us know how we are doing, as we do our best to make each stay memorable and enjoyable, while giving excellent customer service.
Hermann, Missouri
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Let me start by stating that I never book a hotel through a discount service such as hotels.com. Well, almost never. I did this time for reasons that are still not clear to me. Regardless, I will endeavor not to in the future. The hotel itself was an average experience. The pool was ok but they have the worlds smallest hot tub. The restaurant food was average as well.
Where this hotel excelled was in the staff. From the front desk to the restaurant to the head of housekeeping, these folks are exceptional. They were friendly and went out of their way to accommodate my families needs. We stayed in a suite which was adequate for nothing special. For my money, next time in Springfield we will be back at Drury Inn which is right across the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rdrinabr
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Glad to hear that our staff was outstanding, as I am proud of all of our associates here at our property. Agree that our hot tub is not as big as it could be, but perfect size for a couple to relax and enjoy the evening. Hopefully in the future you will choose to stay with us again, as we strive on service and believe we have a good product here as well. Please reach out to us in the future if there is anything specific we can do to make your future stay more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience, as we always learn from guest feedback to make future stays more enjoyable.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Front desk personnel were fantastic. Bartenders were excellent as well as helpful. My only complaint is that you can't order food from the restaurant from inside the bar. You have to walk to the restaurant, order your food, and then go back and pick it up. Can't figure out the reasoning behind that.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank remoh1959
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and to get feedback from each individual's experience. Glad to hear that you had an excellent stay and the service you received from our staff was fantastic. The complaint on the food in the bar area is something that we are currently working on, as right now we only offer pizza by the slice at the bar. In the near future we are working on a bar menu that guests will be able to order direcly from the bar area without having to pick it up on your own. We want to make this a successful transition, so thank you for being patient while we are in the process of making this happen.
manchester
Reviewed May 20, 2013

the hotel was clean and comfortable, and very convenient location right off the interstate, The staff were great. Kelsey was the check in staff and was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were a nice generous size. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and a grocery store across the main road, everything you would need for an overnight stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank healy99
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about the hotel, as we are glad to hear when guests have such an enjoyable stay. Please make sure you stop back in on your next trip to Springfield. Thank you again!!
Wangen, Germany
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel and the team is nearly perfect.Whenever you need some help so the team will help you. The manager and his team is like a family to me and I feel like at home. I have the feeling this hotel is my second home. The bar has a good selection of drinks and the room service is very good.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and quiet and safe. I feel like at home
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andreas B
Mr. Bier,

It is always a pleasure to have you at the hotel, as you always feel like family when you are here. The staff enjoys your company, and we always look forward to your return. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your comments about our hotel.
New York
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Convenient to interstate access, with a variety of fast food and chain restaurants closeby. The hotel is a dated concept with all rooms situated around an open atrium with another wing towards the back. The hotel has been refurbished, and indeed the rooms are decorated very tastefully, rooms definitely a step above most Holiday Inns. Rooms were very spacious, with a small sitting area also available. Public facilities as well as rooms were very clean. It appeared there may be a cocktail area in the atrium but it looked to be closed, as well as the hotel restaurant—not sure if it was open or not! All staff I encountered were very friendly. Because of the layout of the hotel, be prepared for a rather long walk from the lobby up to your room. Overall, it was a short and pleasant stay, and I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RobNewYorkCity
Thank you for taking the time in leaving your comments from your recent stay with us. We appreciate you letting us know how we are doing, glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please stay with us next time you are in town, possibly next trip you could stay a bit longer and enjoy some of our amenities in the hotel.