“Better Choices”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here while passing through the area. Conveniently located right off the highway I-44. Hotel was advertised as recently remodeled. While initial appearance is ok, closer look reveals less than professional upgrades. The room's ceiling was water stained and dingy. The carpet was stained, burned and dirty. Only one elevator worked. There seemed to be an odor throughout the main complex and the room smell was nasty. The work out facilities were nice as was the pool area. This was merely OK for a one night stay, but I stopped by the HI Express 2 miles away as I would be coming back through the area. The HI Express was very nice and seemingly well cared for....one of the better I've seen. I'd go for that property when given the choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank CaptHemo
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

We appreciate your post regarding your experience with us on Trip Advisor and I apologize for the issues you encountered. Thank you for pointing out some issues that need attention, we will work to get these corrected immediately.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This Holdiay Inn is about a block off I-44, so pretty easy access. It is nothing spectacular, just another Holiday Inn along side of the road. It was a short night, so didn't look for a fitness center, though I didn't notice any signs in the elevator pointing towards one. Parking is convenient. The buffet wasn't open when I stopped for breafast at 7 am - the rest of the menu was basic Holiday Inn fare. The hotel was quiet for a Friday night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank HEF2013
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn & Suites I-44 here in Springfield, MO. We always appreciate your time sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. As we always strive for excellence, I apologize your stay wasn't stellar. Spectacular is what we hope to acheive on every guest experience that stays here at our hotel. Thank you again for your comments, as we will look into ways to make your next stay a much better experience. Please visit us the next time you are in town, and hopefully we can meet your expectations.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Room was large but space was not used. the furnishings were not conveniently placed and were tired looking. Room had an odor from the moment we walked in. The room looked like it hadn't been used in a while, the air was turned off and room was warm. The bathroom was very small and shower was too short to stand under and wash hair. The toilet wouldn't refill after first flush and had to call maintenance. the staff was friendly and maintenance fixed the problem. TV channel selection was poor. No fridge or microwave and no breakfast! Very expensive for what they had to offer. Better options down the road.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank annopinion
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear annopinion,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am happy that you found our staff friendly and the toilet trouble was resolved immediately. However, I would like to offer a sincere apology for the negative impression you may have had over the room and some amenities in it. Kindly be assured that all guest comments no matter how small is taken seriously. This matter will be forwarded to the appropriate department and will be looked into. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there's anything we can do o make your next stay more comfortable and pleasurable, please don't ask to hesitate the Manager on duty.

Again, thank you for the review.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was in town for a wedding and decided to stay at the HI. We had made reservations online. I also called and told them we was going to be getting into town later than expected so I called and told them when I would be arriving. When I called I also told them I needed a room close to an entrance and on a lower floor! ( I called about 2 weeks ahead of time). When I got to the hotel about 10:00pm they were busy and they helped us as soon as possible. The front desk was very friendly. When I told them I called and requested a lower level room and close to an entrance they didn't even have it written down. I was a little upset because I called 2 weeks ago! The lady at the desk ended up moving us to a different room and it worked perfect. She gave good directions and was very friendly. When we got to the room it was very clean. We went to turn the light on in between the beds and it didn't work so we called down to the front desk and someone was here within 5 minutes. Turned out it just needed to be plugged in. When I was out dng different things around the hotel the staff was very friendly! Sleep great the 2 nights! I will for sure be staying at this HI again!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mattie S
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a comment here on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you had such a positive experience with us here at the Holiday Inn & Suites. Our wonderful staff definitely plays a huge role in our success here at this property, as we are always striving for excellent customer service. We look forward to your return next time you are visiting Springfield, MO. Once again, Thank you.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful.Very clean hotel inside and out.They have a small bar inside the hotel along with a restaurant. They have an airport shuttle service that is free along with park and fly rates.Overall a nice place and will stay again on my next trip

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MELLOW51

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and post such nice comments. Our staff does an excellent job taking care of our guests on a daily basis, which I am so proud to have such a staff that cares! Cleanliness has alot to say about our housekeeping team, as they work hard on a daily basis. Thank you so much for taking time letting us know that we are doing a great job, and I will pass this along to my staff. We look forward to your return visit next time you are in Springfield!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

After arriving from Colorado during the peak of the wildfires, I was hoping to relax a bit on my quick business trip. I checked in at 8:30pm and before I could even get my credit card and ID out the woman at the front desk gave me an entire dissertaion about how I was "going to receive a smoking room because I booked 'online' and there was nothing I could do about it because every room in the city was sold out". I looked at her in shock and wondered why I had never run into this problem before, seeing as how I travel once a week on business. Speechless, I made it up to the 6th floor and was absolutely in shock with how bad the room smelled. I called back down and pleaded with them to give me a room with a window or offer me some credit so I could go elsewhere. Nope. I barely managed 11 hours in the room and will not be returning to the hotel. There is definitely a reason I stay at Marriott properties when I travel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank AmberEllen

It is disappointing when a guest is not completely satisfied with their stay, as we always strive for excellence. I can understand that you were not happy with smoking accomodations upon arrival at our hotel, especially since your requests have always been met up until now. Unfortunately booking through priceline does not guarantee smoking or bed type preference, although it does give you a heavy discount on the pricing due to last minute room availability. We hope that next time you are in town you contact us directly so we can assure that you get one of our amazing rooms.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I find this HI to be overpriced for what it has to offer. It is obviously an older property that needs updating. My room was an "upgrade", not that i found that any "bonus". Tub was full of chips, pealing paint. carpet was old.
It was a very hot day, upon entering the room, there was no AC turned on so it was about 90 degrees. It took about 45-1 hr for the room to cool down. Once cooled down, and turned the ac down, the room gets very damp. Another sign of OLD ventilation system.
Like others note, there is no "free" breakfast. Again a huge dissapointment give how much you pay for the rooms.

I, myself, will very likely never stay here again. There are many other properties in the area that are more reasonable for what they have to offer.
And yes, i did ask for a "better deal" upon checking in. They lowered the price a little, but still high. It was obvious they were far from being fully occupied, which i felt would have made them offer a better price. I'm not looking for something for free. But come on over $125 for a room with no food included??!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank irmrsd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear irmrsd,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. I am glad you liked the location of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the air conditioning issues and inconvenience you experienced with our room accommodations. I assure you that these issues will be looked into.

Holiday Inn hotels are full service hotels located worldwide. We do not provide complimentary breakfast but every Holiday Inn hotel has a restaurant, a relaxing lounge and provides room service for your convenience.

Pam G.