“Nice clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Staff was very friendly and helpful.Very clean hotel inside and out.They have a small bar inside the hotel along with a restaurant. They have an airport shuttle service that is free along with park and fly rates.Overall a nice place and will stay again on my next trip

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MELLOW51
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and post such nice comments. Our staff does an excellent job taking care of our guests on a daily basis, which I am so proud to have such a staff that cares! Cleanliness has alot to say about our housekeeping team, as they work hard on a daily basis. Thank you so much for taking time letting us know that we are doing a great job, and I will pass this along to my staff. We look forward to your return visit next time you are in Springfield!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

After arriving from Colorado during the peak of the wildfires, I was hoping to relax a bit on my quick business trip. I checked in at 8:30pm and before I could even get my credit card and ID out the woman at the front desk gave me an entire dissertaion about how I was "going to receive a smoking room because I booked 'online' and there was nothing I could do about it because every room in the city was sold out". I looked at her in shock and wondered why I had never run into this problem before, seeing as how I travel once a week on business. Speechless, I made it up to the 6th floor and was absolutely in shock with how bad the room smelled. I called back down and pleaded with them to give me a room with a window or offer me some credit so I could go elsewhere. Nope. I barely managed 11 hours in the room and will not be returning to the hotel. There is definitely a reason I stay at Marriott properties when I travel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank AmberEllen

It is disappointing when a guest is not completely satisfied with their stay, as we always strive for excellence. I can understand that you were not happy with smoking accomodations upon arrival at our hotel, especially since your requests have always been met up until now. Unfortunately booking through priceline does not guarantee smoking or bed type preference, although it does give you a heavy discount on the pricing due to last minute room availability. We hope that next time you are in town you contact us directly so we can assure that you get one of our amazing rooms.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I find this HI to be overpriced for what it has to offer. It is obviously an older property that needs updating. My room was an "upgrade", not that i found that any "bonus". Tub was full of chips, pealing paint. carpet was old.
It was a very hot day, upon entering the room, there was no AC turned on so it was about 90 degrees. It took about 45-1 hr for the room to cool down. Once cooled down, and turned the ac down, the room gets very damp. Another sign of OLD ventilation system.
Like others note, there is no "free" breakfast. Again a huge dissapointment give how much you pay for the rooms.

I, myself, will very likely never stay here again. There are many other properties in the area that are more reasonable for what they have to offer.
And yes, i did ask for a "better deal" upon checking in. They lowered the price a little, but still high. It was obvious they were far from being fully occupied, which i felt would have made them offer a better price. I'm not looking for something for free. But come on over $125 for a room with no food included??!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank irmrsd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear irmrsd,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. I am glad you liked the location of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the air conditioning issues and inconvenience you experienced with our room accommodations. I assure you that these issues will be looked into.

Holiday Inn hotels are full service hotels located worldwide. We do not provide complimentary breakfast but every Holiday Inn hotel has a restaurant, a relaxing lounge and provides room service for your convenience.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel rates as one of the nicest H.I. I have ever stayed in. The atrium features a three story waterfall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sleepingdogsfla

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. We take great pride in our hotel, and I am excited that you had such an excellent experience. We hope that you stay with us on your next return visit to Springfield, MO. Thank you again!!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I checked in on Wednesday, May 24, 2012 for one night. The older lady at the front desk was luke warm, during the check in process. I was assigned room 202 right off the atrium near the elevator; which on any other night would have probably been just fine, but can you believe there was a wedding reception in the atrium on a Wednesday night? So, needless to say it is very difficult to sleep with the very loud music and people in the hallway, looking down at the wedding party. It seems to me that the guest of the wedding would be put in a room this close to the action and other guests a little further away. It also seems that the party should have been booked in ballroom to contain the music and the guest on a week night; most people are probably here on business, like me. It would be a bit more understandable to have a function in the atrium on the weekend, but I guess it's all about the money and not the guest.

The room is large with a pretty comfy and clean bed, and a sofa bed. The carpet has a few stains and bath tub did not appear to be clean, I went to Wal-Mart and bought shower shoes. The complimentary shuttle to airport was very convenient, and the drivers were friendly.

I hope I get a few hours of sleep tonight; I have an early flight in the morning. Because my company insists we stay here, I hope there is no party next time. They are playing the stupid Chicken song now, maybe the reception will be over soon.

Sleepless in Springfield

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the atrium and the elevator, it should be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Dlclay1
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Dlclay1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review while staying with us. I am sorry your room was loud. If you experience this next time you stay. Please let us know so we can move you to another room. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We got a great deal from Hotwire.

Great location, just off of the highway and easy to find.
We arrived very late and were met with friendly staff. Our room was exactly what we had in mind for our family. Clean beds, clean bathroom and we felt safe.

The indoor pool was delightful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nonya303
Jeff L, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write such a nice response in reference to your stay in May. We do our best to make the accomodations as comforting as you described in your feedback. It is wonderful to hear such great comments from travelers like yourself, so next time you come to Springfield from Texas we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

The staff was great. Treated me like a celebrity. Room and property clean, quiet. Really awesome service! Would stay again and recommend in a second.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank robert S

It is always nice to feel welcome at a hotel, and sounds like you were treated like a celebrity! We do our best to make everyone feel welcome as this should always be your home away from home when staying with us. Thank you so much for the nice comments, it is our pleasure to make your stay very enjoyable. Please see us again next time you are in town.