“Nice Hotel but staff was misleading.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
“Nice Hotel but staff was misleading.”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Yes, we booked our room on Priceline and was quite surprised at the nice hotel. I had read another review who mentioned the lack of help to priority club members. I would never expect points for a non IHC booked room, but I wanted to ask about the room upgrade and how many points that was. The front desk clerk would only tell me that all upgrades had to be booked through the priority club website. Never asked for my membership or explained anything else. I have upgraded to better rooms for a few at the hotel with priceline before as well and she never made any mention of other options. I was also checking in with my child who wanted room service. The signs were in the hotel about "kids eat free" a widely promoted Holiday Inn service. I stated to the clerk that "kids probably don't eat free for room service do they?" And she said no you had to eat in the restaurant. So we went to eat in the restaurant and I tried reading the fine print (on the menu handed to the child not the parent) that says at the top "kids eat free." When we got the check the childs meal was on there and the waitress told me that we should have been given a coupon at check in for the free meals. It is not about the $5 for the kids meal, but the fact that I stood there asking the front desk clerk about the program and she knew I was a Priceline guest and never told us that because we did not book our room through IHC we did not get a free meal. My chiild still wants room service, but the breakfasst menu is missing from the in room guide.

It is a nice hotel and room with the exception of the peeling finish in the bathtub.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank justvisiting256
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Justvisiting256, Thank you very much for the review and I want to personally apologize for any confusion at the desk. Our hotel does participate in the Kids Eat Free, however it does not apply to third party resevartions such as Hotwire, Expedia or Priceline. We want to thank you for your business as well as Priceline and hope to see you return soon.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2012

When traveling, I have several brands of hotels I usually look for and Holiday Inn/ Express are one my top choices. This hotel lives up to what I've come to expect from this brand which is a comfortable room, great locations, and fair prices.

There were a couple of things that I thought could be improved like the shower-head which is VERY low and it made my showers very awkward. Also the bathroom wasn't dirty by any measure but it wasn't the cleanest I've seen and there was a dirty washcloth left on the floor.

Overall I would definitely return to this property because of the location and amenities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Alan L
Thank You very much for the review, We strive very hard to uphold the Holiday Inn standards and apprerciste your business. I will share your kind words with our staff and we hope to see you return whenever you are in Springfield.

Missouri
Reviewed March 5, 2012

When eating in the hotel restaurant, there was a group of six of us but we all paid seperately. When we all received our bill, there were gratuity charges put on our bills that were unbelievable. We asked to speak with the manager about this and told her how we felt about this. She did get the charges taken off and each of us were able to pay how much we felt the waitress deserved. You might want to consider paying your hotel visit with cash and not a debit or credit card due to the fact that our night cost 101.00 and we received a receipt for this amount but when I checked my bank account, there is an extra 16.00 added. They say this amount will come off in a few days. Hum....So, I guess if we paid in cash, that extra charge would be???. Be sure to have your glasses on when you see a nice big bottle of Dasani water in your room. This water is not free. There is a 3.00 charge. Didnt see it until I opened up the bottle. Anyway, the hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Just be sure to watch the charges here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Emily H
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your review, I appoligize about your experience in the restaurant and I am very glad to hear our manager reprinted your checks. It is a common practice to authorize your card for more than the actual room and tax just incase you may incure any additional charges such as in the reastaurant or lounge. Those additional funds will be released back into your account, however if you have any difficulties please contact me and I will personally see to it that it is handled immediately. Thank You for staying with us and hope to see you in the future.

Las Vegas
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed here for the first time. Average HI, but they don't give you any priority club benefits when you book through Priceline! Bad idea guys, I stayed at the crowne plaza in kansas city last night and received my benefits and a suite upgrade with priceline rate. Bad for the business traveler. I won't book here again willingly.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Stopone
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your review, when booking with a third party site points are only awarded for any incidental charges you incure at the hotel. Unfortunately on the day of your arrival we were sold out of suites and did not have an upgrade available. We definately appreciate our Priority Club Members and want to thank you for being a loyal member to the brand.

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Stayed here one night after a class in Springfield. Easy to find right off hwy 44 with many choices of restaurants nearby. Seems to be an older hotel that has been updated (I believe I might have stayed here in 1992) with updated rooms and common areas. Our room was on the 3rd floor and faced the atrium. We didn't have any problems with noise, but nothing was going on in the atrium on the Thursday night we were there. The room was clean, two comfy beds with pillow choices, bath & body toiletries and a small coffee maker. The furnishings are updates as was the bathroom vanity/mirror. The tub & tile were older but clean. My only complaint is the disposable plastic glasses. I like to have a soda or drink from a heavier glass.

The hotel did have an indoor pool, exercise room, restaurant and bar...but we didn't have time to check any of these out. Parking was easy and right outside the door. Quick and easy check in/check out with the morning paper under our door in the early am! Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the atrium might be noisy if there are activities going on in that area. There are roo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank den&holly
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank You so much for the kind words, we strive hard to be a "Great Hotel Guests Love". I hope that next time you are in town you would choose our hotel again and you could then utilize our beautiful indoor pool and exercise room, also don't forget about our restaurant and lounge. I am glad to hear the beds met your standards as well as the pillows, however I understnad the plastic cups did not satisfy you. Very Sorry, next time simpily give the front desk a call and we would be more than happy to bring you a glass.

Arkansas
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed here on a Park and Fly package. It's a great deal for those flying out of the Springfield airport. The front desk staff were very friendly and the shuttle bus driver was outstanding. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 50StateTravelers
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind review. Being within 15 minutes from the airport we see alot of travelers and appreciate everyone that chooses our hotel for your park and fly needs. Our complimentary airport shuttle runs daily from 4:30am to 12:00am. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope we see you soon.

jackson, mo
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This hotel was nice, clean and suited our needs. A good value. But was a little older than other holiday inns we have stayed at. Could use some updating. Bed was comfortable but the pillows were too soft. Biggest complaint was no Spike TV to watch the UFC fights!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank blw0808
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
I would like to first say thank you for your staying with us and I am very sorry we do not have Spike TV in our guest rooms. We do however have Spike Tv in our Lounge with great LCD Tv's. I understand everyone has a choice when it comes to travel and I hope that next time you are in the area you will stop and stay with us again.