“Not priority club friendly”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed here for the first time. Average HI, but they don't give you any priority club benefits when you book through Priceline! Bad idea guys, I stayed at the crowne plaza in kansas city last night and received my benefits and a suite upgrade with priceline rate. Bad for the business traveler. I won't book here again willingly.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Stopone
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you very much for your review, when booking with a third party site points are only awarded for any incidental charges you incure at the hotel. Unfortunately on the day of your arrival we were sold out of suites and did not have an upgrade available. We definately appreciate our Priority Club Members and want to thank you for being a loyal member to the brand.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Stayed here one night after a class in Springfield. Easy to find right off hwy 44 with many choices of restaurants nearby. Seems to be an older hotel that has been updated (I believe I might have stayed here in 1992) with updated rooms and common areas. Our room was on the 3rd floor and faced the atrium. We didn't have any problems with noise, but nothing was going on in the atrium on the Thursday night we were there. The room was clean, two comfy beds with pillow choices, bath & body toiletries and a small coffee maker. The furnishings are updates as was the bathroom vanity/mirror. The tub & tile were older but clean. My only complaint is the disposable plastic glasses. I like to have a soda or drink from a heavier glass.

The hotel did have an indoor pool, exercise room, restaurant and bar...but we didn't have time to check any of these out. Parking was easy and right outside the door. Quick and easy check in/check out with the morning paper under our door in the early am! Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the atrium might be noisy if there are activities going on in that area. There are roo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank den&holly
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank You so much for the kind words, we strive hard to be a "Great Hotel Guests Love". I hope that next time you are in town you would choose our hotel again and you could then utilize our beautiful indoor pool and exercise room, also don't forget about our restaurant and lounge. I am glad to hear the beds met your standards as well as the pillows, however I understnad the plastic cups did not satisfy you. Very Sorry, next time simpily give the front desk a call and we would be more than happy to bring you a glass.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed here on a Park and Fly package. It's a great deal for those flying out of the Springfield airport. The front desk staff were very friendly and the shuttle bus driver was outstanding. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 50StateTravelers
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Thank you very much for the kind review. Being within 15 minutes from the airport we see alot of travelers and appreciate everyone that chooses our hotel for your park and fly needs. Our complimentary airport shuttle runs daily from 4:30am to 12:00am. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope we see you soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

This hotel was nice, clean and suited our needs. A good value. But was a little older than other holiday inns we have stayed at. Could use some updating. Bed was comfortable but the pillows were too soft. Biggest complaint was no Spike TV to watch the UFC fights!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank blw0808
SpringfieldHINorth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

I would like to first say thank you for your staying with us and I am very sorry we do not have Spike TV in our guest rooms. We do however have Spike Tv in our Lounge with great LCD Tv's. I understand everyone has a choice when it comes to travel and I hope that next time you are in the area you will stop and stay with us again.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed here for three nights for a conference at Missouri State University. The hotel is nice, but is in need of some touch-ups and remodeling/upgrading.

The bed was nice, and as in many Holiday Inns, there were four pillows on each bed, two soft and two firm. The bed itself was comfortable, I slept well.

Wallpaper is starting to peel at the seams, though, very much so in the hallways and the trim on the door was in need of being touched-up. The swimming pool needs much work, with chips in the floor of the pool and the hot tub doesn't seem to work right (very low bubble pressure).

The hotel has a decent workout room, but it seemed that only one of the machines built-in tvs worked (therenare 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, a stationary bicycle, and dumbells).

Front desk seemed understaffed, with much of the time being with onoy one poor soul at the desk to handle customers and the phone. There is someone who appears to be a security guy at night, although he appeared to hate his job.

There is a small lounge/bar on the ground floor and a nice atrium sitting area too.

For the price and location, I believe there to be better choices nearby (there is a Drury across the street).

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank ROBnMO

Thank You very much for the review and I appreciate all the information regarding our hotel. I would like to say the pool surface did need attention and I can proudly say it has been resurfaced and looks great. We did have a couple of tv's not working in our exercise room but are in the process of being replaced. I do think we have a great staff that are very accomidating but I also understand there are opportunities. Again, thank you for your time and your review, if you would ever like to speak with me regarding your stay please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed two nights at this Holiday Inn with my family, after winning it via bidding on Priceline. Honestly I was a bit concerned staying at a Holiday Inn (at least in the USA I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn in many years....they have a bad reputation in my mind as a lower end hotel chain). The good reviews this hotel got on TripAdvisor helped calm my fears a bit...

Let me say - this is a very nice hotel and exceeded my expectations! The facility itself is in flawless shape and has a nice large and open atrium. The public areas all appeared to be brand new. In fact, I figured it mujst be a brand new hotel until I noticed some small things like the AC and power outlets, which suggested maybe this was recently remolded. Anyway, everything was in perfect, like-new shape.

The room was very large, clean, and well maintained. Old tube TV (though not the dingy type you sometimes get in hotels...it was a decent TV). The bathroom was well maintained and nicely decorated. Overall, a very nice room, to my surprise.

WiFi was free, and had a very stong signal. This was a very good amentity and I was very pleased with it.

Location is perfect, right off 44 and new all the top attractions. We did drive to Branson one day, and it took about 45 minutes.

We did eat at the resturant (I'll review seperately) which was also a good experience.

I found the service, especially the front desk, to be exceptional.

Overall, this hotel surpassed my expectations and really performed better than many higher end hotels that I often stay at. Very much recommend this hotel in the Springfield area!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank adamsaintlouis

I am so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and I thank you for all your kind words. I can say, all of our staff does take pride in our hotel and we try very hard to ensure every guest enjoys their time with us. I understand how booking on third party sites can make one nervous at times but I am happy to know we were here to make all that go away. I hope to see you again when you come to Springfield MO.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a very lovely, spotless, and inviting hotel in North Springfield. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and very quiet. Front desk personel were welcoming and informative. We would definately stay here again. The only dissapointments were that there were no microwave or refrigerator in the room, and no breakfast in the morning. These things would have made the stay a tremendous one.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank indcashlers

Thank You very much for the kind words and we appreciate you staying with us. I understand your room was not one with a refrigerator or microwave, however we do have suites that have both. Hopefully next time you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again.