All reviewswafflesroom was cleanbiscuits gravyhome away from homea great staywould definitely stay here againtvmicrowavemoaaaoklahomafreewayclerkpillows
Reviewed November 6, 2015 via mobile

We rolled in early in the morning to find the parking lot well marked and freshly painted and sealed . New air conditioners being installed and an over all clean well organized hotel. As always I found the room maids very friendly and professional. The rate of the room is very affordable. I have stayed at a more expensive hotel in the area and was disappointed with the disrepair of it in general. Ice machine , new laundry machines, breakfast every morning in lobby. Coffee machines in every room as well as refrigerator and flat screen tv. Also pet friendly.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled on business
Teresa C, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review of our property. We do value your opinion and always welcome your feedback. We are certainly working very hard to improve our hotel and make it a better place for our customers. We look forward to many more visits from you. I will share your comments with the entire staff.

Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

I've stayed hear 4 times already 2times I
Stayed was good. Other 2x I stayed not so
Good rooms were clean. It was guess with
Little dogs barking all night and flus coming threw door but maintenance tool care off it. The other time oh by the way north side of building is were they put people with animals ., back south side Is little nosiey. Good area for food and Wal-Mart walking distance of hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Teresa C, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2015

Dear Rob
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am sorry that you had issues the last few times you were a guest. We do try to separate the people who have pets from those who do not. I am not sure what happened but I will look into it. Thank you fro staying with us and I assure you we will do our best to make your future stays better.

Reviewed August 9, 2015

As I walked up the cracked and broken steps to the second level, my first thought was, "Oh No! What kind of a place have I chosen?" Fortunately, the stairs were the worst thing to happen here. It is a older facility that has been very nicely redone. There are signs of recent work every where. I am assuming they just have not completely gotten to the stairs - yet. I will explain the reason for NOT giving a five in the review.

The room was very nice. The Flat-Screen TV is so new - I do not think it has had time to collect enough dust to be wiped off yet. For those who use a Rokio or similar device - I did not find an access slot on the TV. This comes to the reason for not giving a five. The electrical outlets were few and not well placed. There was a strip between the TV and the cabinet that contained a microwave and little refrig..and one the the far corner. To use my PC and scanner on the desk - I had to run an extension cord and my own strip from their strip across the top of the dresser the TV was setting on. In these days where almost everyone is carrying some sort of device that is begging to be recharged...electrical access in increasingly important. However, with the electrical strip and the outlet that was usable -- there was an attempt to fill this need which is more than I have seen at other facilities.

The Wifi was very good and very fast. You will have no problem with Nextflix or VUDU or any other service you may subscribe to. It is password protected - I do not know how often it is changed so make sure you get the current password as you check in. (They wrote it on our key holder.) I say keys but, of course, you do not really get keys anywhere anymore - but the plastic card keys.

As I said the room was very nice. The mattresses were much firmer than I am used to, but I slept surprisingly well. There was also a coffee pot. In fact, the only flaw I could find (if you want to call it that) was the fact the napkin holder was out of napkins and I am 100% certain we could have gotten more - if we would have needed them.

We went down to eat breakfast near the end of the period, so I was not sure what to expect. Breakfast was much above average for this type of facility. They have made accommodations for special diets...They had sugar-free syrup, regular oatmeal, sweet-and-low, and regular cheerios for those with sugar problems. There was scrambled eggs, biscuits a and gravy, waffles, and fruit. They had juice and water to drink. The area was kept well-stocked cleaned several times while we were eating.

The staff was very friendly and helpful when we did have questions.

We were not here long enough to use the pool, so I am unable to give an opinion other to say it appeared to be fine.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Teresa C, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2015

Dear Mr. Sturgeon
Thank you so much for the great review. We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. You are very correct, we are undergoing some great changes here at The Econo Lodge. We are working very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied with their stay. We hope to only get better from here. It is our special guests like you that make us strive to improve. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2015

We checked in on a Sunday night and asked for a non smoking room. The property is an older motel that has been updated decently. Don't expect frills. My only complaint is that our room smelled of smoke. Other than that, I felt the room and the motel were just what I expected. I've stayed in worse. The location was great. Very close to most of what you will want to see. There is a breakfast, but it closes up at 9. Overall, a fine stay is you are just wanting a place to sleep. If our room didn't smell like cigarettes I would have been more pleased.

Room Tip: Sniff your room
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Teresa C, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you had a problem with the smell of cigarette smoke in your room. I will have our housekeeping department look into it so that we can get that problem taken care of. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2015

The price of the hotel was decent. I recommend that you call ahead to see what kind of discounts they offer and book then. The staff was friendly. Everything was good in the room but could tell the carpet could use a good shampooing. They offered a nice breakfast complete with scrambled eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, oatmeal, different pastries,

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family

Dear Amy
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the issue you had with the carpet. I will pass this along to our housekeeping department so they can get that taken care of.
We are glad you enjoyed the free hot breakfast and look forward to seeing you again soon.