All reviews waffles room was clean biscuits gravy home away from home a great stay would definitely stay here again tv microwave mo aaa oklahoma freeway clerk pillows
Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

We reserved our room online which was supposed to be a two queen size handicap room. When we arrived there we were informed they didnt have any such rooms. So after that she booked us into a handicapped room. I told her we needed two beds, and she said they had no double queens on the 1stfllor. So long story short she gave us a two double on the first floor. Lol. Room was ok but outside noise all night long and someone's car alarm went off at 3am. I would look elsewhere if I was to be this way again.

Stayed: April 2015
Teresa C, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2015

Barbara M
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our property. I am so sorry about the issue you had concerning your room type. I will certainly look into the website where you booked your room to see what could have possibly happened and get it corrected so that it does not happen again.
Unfortunately, all of our queen rooms are located on the second floor and our handicap rooms do only have one queen bed. I am so sorry that we were unable to meet and exceed your expectations. I am sorry about the road noise. We are located on a very busy street in Springfield and the noise does in fact bother some people.
Again, please accept our apology and we do thank you so much for choosing Choice Hotels.
We do hope that you will stay with us or one of our many Choice properties when you travel through the Springfield Missouri area again.

Reviewed April 10, 2015 via mobile

Rooms were updated witch is nice no shuttle breakfast eggs,sausages,biscuits gravy coffe doubts and toast not bad for price will worth it pool was shut down little pool outdoor and they have smoking rooms too.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank rob7624
Teresa C, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2015

Rob
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and valuable insight of our hotel. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your business.
We thank you for choosing Choice hotels and certainly look forward to seeing you again on future visits to Springfield Missouri.

Reviewed January 10, 2015

Stayed here for 1 night during a family cross country road trip (NJ to NV). We were on a tight budget so price was important. As a family, clean rooms were also a top priority.

The Good:
Price was reasonable for this location. Certainly NOT the cheapest but the cheapo places off this exit were NOT worth staying at and the more expensive chains were a bit too expensive for us. Convenient to food, gas and interstate. The room was very clean and very big. No bugs (no roaches or bedbugs etc...). Pet friendly. Quiet. Slightly updated (bathroom was original but everything else seemed new). Free wi-fi worked well, average TV channel selection. Free breakfast (not the best but it was free and served in a very clean environment).

The Not So Good:
The phone in my room did not work. The in room refrigerator did not work. The staff at the front desk left A LOT to be desired. The young man at check in reminded me of a used car salesman turned game show host! The lady at check out was obviously either having a really bad day or just didn't care about the guests. We informed both of them about the phone/refrigerator issue.... the young man overly apologized (but did nothing else), the woman at check out "barked" at me telling me that she was aware of it, stating "that's the way everything goes around here, I already told Frank (or another man's name) about it, that's all I can do". No cots if you should need one.

Overall it was worth the stay considering our options at this exit off the interstate.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank travelelingJohn
Teresa C, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

John
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for any problems you may have encountered. I looked into the issue you had with the refrigerator and phone. We have taken care of the problems and we thank you for bringing it to our attention.
We welcome your comments and suggestions and hope you will stay with us the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2015

The service was fantastic. The room was clean and felt like a home away from home. The breakfast was filling. I would stay at this motel again if I ever go through Springfield. Overall, just a fantastic place!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
Teresa C, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2015

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We thank you so much for the wonderful review. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are traveling through Springfield.

Reviewed December 23, 2014

This worked well for our needs, just a good nights sleep while traveling across the country. The beds were decent, the room was clean, and there were plenty of channels to watch on tv. The office attendants were very courteous and pleasant, and the continental breakfast was better than we expected with waffles, breads, and sausage gravy and biscuits. The price was great, and the room satisfied our needs. Our only complaints would be the height of the shower head and the heat not on in the room before out arrival. The shower head is mounted at about 5'5'', so quite short. The room was freezing cold when we first entered, because the heat was off. It took a little while to warm it up, but we understand the cost savings as to why hotels do this. Other than those two minor issues, we enjoyed our stay and recommend.

Room Tip: No elevator, so some may want to request a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
Teresa C, General Manager at Econo Lodge I-44, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2014

Dear Kendal N Shelia
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had time to enjoy the free breakfast!
I am very sorry that the shower head was too low, we will look into the issue and we thank you for bringing it to our attention.
We hope to see you again if you are in the Springfield area.