“Days Inn Springfield South”

Days Inn Springfield South
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GM2445, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Springfield South

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Just spent a week here on business. My company chose the hotel and prepaid so I had no choice and I was a bit concerned as I'm not a "Days Inn" type of person. I had low expectations but overall, I had a good stay. I'd stay here again. I'll break it down a bit...

Negatives First:

*No elevator. There are only 2 floors but for some people, this may be a problem. It wasn't a problem for me but the multiple trips up and down with luggage and bags was a pain and I can imagine there was noise from the stairs on check-out morning with a big group of us leaving (but maybe not - the rooms are super quiet).

*Breakfast is a joke. DO NOT count on eating here. There was a sign that said "Breakfast is served in Room 138." It was so bad I can't go there so I just won't. I say they need to learn how to buy yogurt and bagels and boxed cereals and milks and/or just skip the "breakfast" concept all together. Worst thing about the hotel, by far. I ended-up going next door to Starbucks or Mcds every morning.

*Outside lights were on an odd timer system. It was summer so but it rained almost the entire week we were here and it was dark. They didn't have the parking lot lights on or the Days Inn sign lit-up at 7:30pm when it was dark so at 9:30pm I finally called the front desk and the guy politely said the lights are on an odd timer system and they should come-on eventually. They were not on when I went to bed about half an hour later but they were still on when I left the next morning around 7am. This strange system needs to be fixed despite this being a good area of Springfield, it's not safe for anyone.

NOW FOR THE ALLLLL THE GOODS:

*Fantastic Location. Hotel is located in a good area of Springfield (I know, I lived here for 15 years). You are across the street from Bass Pro Shops. You can walk next door to either Taco Bell or Starbucks or McDonalds. There is a McAllister's Deli just down the street too. Lots of options for eating and/or gas, etc. I also drive a nicer car and am always a bit concerned but there were BMWs, Denalis, and lots of other vehicles much more worthy than mine in this little parking lot. If you have a need to visit MSU or Bass Pro, you cannot get a better located hotel in a good area - I know - I graduated from MSU back when it was SMSU. This hotel is perfect for visiting parents or people who want to be "close" MSU but not "too close." It's just a nice, clean, safe area of Springfield and I would stay here again, no problem.

*Quiet and safe. You cannot hear a peep out of anyone in the halls, surprisingly. I was shocked by this but I loved it. I was put in adjoining room and I was immediately thinking "O NO!" but I never heard a peep out of the girl next door to me all week so that was nice.

*Clean. The hotel is old but it was kept sparkling clean every day and even the hallways are immaculate. Good, clean, spotless bathtubs. Great showers. Nothing to complain about in the room BUT... the TV is INSIDE an armoire-type cabinet so you can't sit at the desk and watch TV. My room had a queen bed, a desk with chair, and two other semi-comfy chairs. Which reminds me... I could have tilted the TV half-way and watched from a chair but I chose to just sit on the bed and watch a bit before sleep every night.

Overall, a good stay and I would stay here again if I got a deal. We are spending the night in Springfield in October and I was looking at rates here - it's $69/night here versus $72/night at the Baymont which his a 10X better location and a wayyy newer and nicer hotel. I think the prices are bit inflated but I know what my company paid and they got a good deal.

Room Tip: No elevator. If you have walking or lifting problems, ask for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
GM2445, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Happy Labor Day Ms. Lynda S!

I apologize your stay was noisy during the busy weekend of the Bass Pro Fall Hunting Classic. This is not typical of our hotel and we are in the business of providing a nice, relaxing stay. We always want to win our guests over. Please give us another opportunity to do this!

Have a great weekend!

Cara Walker Whiteley
GM

Reviewed August 8, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GM2445, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Reviewed July 30, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
GM2445, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here July 13th. The room was very clean. The pool is very small, but refreshing on a hot day. Breakfast was mostly cold cereal and breads, so we didn't eat there. The only problem we had, and it was not with the hotel itself, but with Wyndham. They would not give us points for staying, even though we book directly through Wyndham's web site. I would like to know who to phone at Wyndham to get what they promised, as customer service refused.

Room Tip: Would stay again if I found myself in Springfield
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. I am happy that your room was to your satisfaction and that you were able to enjoy the pool while you and your husband were our guests. Our housekeeping department has been trying very hard to make sure that every room is as clean as your room and for other guests to experience the same thing. I am disappointed that wyndham would not allow you to have your points when you booked through their website. Please use this number to call them directly 1-866-996-7937. If i can be of any help at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at our Days Inn South hotel,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

1  Thank aocello
GM2445, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013