“Very nice”

Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very nice”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The hotel staff was ver accomodating, the room was spotless and the breakfast was adequate and tasty.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
GM2445, Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Good afternoon, ExoticScuba!

Happy New Year!

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your kind and thoughtful reviews!

We appreciate you taking the time to let all Tripadvisor users know what a great stay you had with us!

Thank you for helping us spread the word!

Have a great evening!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Missouri
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This hotel was very clean; the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I stay at quite a few hotels during the year so I can tell you the Days Inn offers an excellent value. This hotel has a pool, free breakfast and in room coffee. I also liked that fact that I couldn’t hear anyone in the rooms above me or to my side.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
daysinnbasspro, Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Hello jcd38740!

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property! We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us improve our services. We were very happy to serve you and are glad you got a chance to take advantage of the amenities we offer.

It's always great to hear when guests enjoy their stay. Thank you for spreading the word..

We hope you'll choose us again if you find yourself back in Springfield!

Take care!
Owensboro
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We were going to the bass pro shop for the first time, the motel was nice and clean, no elevator tho, but only 2 floors. Was a quiet area but there was alot of noise from ajoining rooms, not sure if it was the people in them or lack of sound proofing, You could smell smoke in the hallways but not in our non-smoking room. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Did not eat there, was plenty of other places to eat. If you are hot natured you may have a problem, they have the air conditioning set were it will only come on after it gets so hot in the room. Would stay there again. Did have good security, doors were keyed with your room card except for main lobby.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
GM2445, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Good morning, KYdreamlady!

I am so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and had the opportunity to visit the Bass Pro Shops. It is truly impressive!

I apologize you encountered some noise from your neighbors. We recognize quiet hours beginning at 10 pm each evening so all our guests can enjoy a peaceful night's rest!

I am glad you felt safe and were able to have a good trip.

We can't wait to have you back next time! Thank you for spreading the word!
Cedar Ia
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Our rooms were clean and it was quiet. The beds were comfortable too. We were surprised that each day that we were there , we were only given 2 wash cloths when there were 4 of us staying in there . Were we to share them?? Also when we looked up what each room was to have in it , it said that there would be a fridge and a microwave.We had neither. We really could have used them . We paid good money to have them in there . When we asked about it at the desk , we were told it was for the business people only and one should come available the next day ., but we never received one. Also on the list of what the hotel offered it said free wi-fi. Yes there was the free wi-fi BUT it did not work in the rooms and we were able to get it to work in a lobby on the same floor as what our room was on. And the comupter that the hotel had in the main lobby was out of order the entire time that we were there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hello!

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us! Guest feedback is so incredibly valuable as it helps us make the improvements to making your stay better and more like home!

Thanks to you, we have made notes and are in the process of making some improvements!

We know WiFi can be a deal breaker so we have been working with our IT company to improve the signal strength in all our guest rooms. Also, the business center computer is back up and running!

Since your stay in July we have purchased several additional sets of microwave and refrigerators to have on hand for special requests and all of our business rooms include microwave and refrigerators as a standard amenity!

My sincerest apologies we didn't have a microwave and refrigerator available for you during your stay! I know this was very frustrating!

We have also had a training meeting with our housekeeping department to better service the needs of our guests by reading cues and taking note of how many people in the room so we can replenish with the appropriate number of towels. Things like this can make a big difference to you and all our guests!

BethEngelhoven, we would like another opportunity to serve you. We have taken your feedback and made changes and are confident the next time you stay we will meet your expectations!

We look forward to another opportunity!

Take care!
Neartheriver
Reviewed November 24, 2010

This hotel was very quiet and the bed much more comfortable than the typical hotel bed, which helped me get the quality sleep I needed while attending a dance weekend held just 10 minutes away--the location was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful as well. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
daysinnbasspro, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, December 1, 2010

The entire staff was glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and most of all Quiet and comfortable.
I would like to personally thank you for staying with us and look forward to serving you on your next visit to springfield.

Have a wonderful day. (Smile)
Bolton
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I have never stayed in the Days inn before because they has a bad reputation with some of my friends. I have to say that I have had nothing but a good experience with them. This hotel was clean, cheap and all staff very friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
daysinnbasspro, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Good evening, Buckshee72!

The entire staff is so glad to hear that your experience with us was pleasant! Thank you for choosing us and giving our Days Inn a chance. Please be our guest again when you return to Springfield, MO. We would like to have you again!

Have a great weekend!
missouri
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I agree with one of the newer reviewers, I felt unsafe here. This is in the main part of town, not out on the peripheral hwy. area. It did not seem that there was anyone of much authority on the premises. We arrived in the eve., I don't know how late, but the desk clerk was not the most professional. We stayed here for a college visit. The reason I am writing the review now, is that I am planning a trip in the next couple of weeks, and reviewing my records to make sure I didn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
daysinnbasspro, General Manager at Days Inn Springfield South, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
Good evening ponyexpresstown_9.

I am sorry to hear you felt unsafe at our hotel! Our hotel is located in the center of Springfield, just across the street from the Bass Pro Shops and the main college and universities in town. This part of town is safe and secure and I want to assure you that our staff makes every effort to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests!

It has been almost a year since your last stay and I would hope you may reconsider and give us another chance to serve you! We would certainly like another opportunity to offer our hotel and regain your business!