“Apparently gets by on reputation.”

Nakato Japanese Steak House
Ranked #54 of 680 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bolivar, Missouri
“Apparently gets by on reputation.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Nothing about my visit was good. The wait was long. The decor was circa 1985. Our Hibachi Chef was either inexperienced or just awful. The food was poorly prepared. I had steak and scallops. The steak was really overcooked. The scallops were like little hockey pucks. My wife had chicken which was cooked to the point of being rubbery. I tried this place because I heard it was the best hibachi in town. I won't go back ever again.

• Visited April 2013

Republic, MO
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We eat here all the time, and it never disappoints. The Chef's are all great and help make the experience even better. We have been here countless times and not once have we had a bad experience. The food is always great, the Chefs put on a good show. We usually get Shrimp, Steak and Chicken, can't go wrong with any or all. The sushi is great as well. If you don't have time to stay and watch the cooking show, grab a seat at the floating sushi bar and have a little faster dinner! Either way, you will be happy you did.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bill M
Lexington, Kentucky
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our church tour bus stopped at Nakato's on a week of travel. It was only a few minutes off the interstate but well worth the time. We not only had a great meal in our own dining area but had fun being entertained by the chefs at our tables. The portions were generous and at a reasonable price. When we got back home our group voted Nakato's the best meal we had had.

• Visited May 2013
Sparta, Missouri
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I enjoyed going to Knakato Japanese steakhouse. It was a great experience i shared with my family and friends. Although items on the menu are pricy, you are left with more food than you can eat and you can take the rest home. I would prefer to eat here over any other restaurant in Springfield. It was amazing and I loved every second of it.

• Visited February 2013
Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Great first-time experience with Japanese food!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I was hesitant to try a Japanese steakhouse, after a bad experience at Fuji when I was younger, but so glad my family did! Our server was average, but our chef really made the meal. He did all sorts of cool tricks while cooking our food in front of us, very impressive. I ordered the Valentine sushi roll and the Spicy California roll, both of which I would recommend if you like spicy food. I tried my family's other dishes as well - salad with ginger dressing, green onion soup, and the steak - but the sushi stood out above all. I will DEFINITELY be back. The chefs at Nakato really know how to make their diners feel special!

• Visited March 2013