“Our Favorite Room...........great for large families”
Review of Walnut Street Inn

Walnut Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Springfield B&B and Inns
missouri
“Our Favorite Room...........great for large families”
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We love Walnut Street Inn, the first stay this summer was with my mother and sisters and we discovered the Benton Room. (A great recommendation from Gary the owner) It has two queen size beds and a queen size pull out sofa. An amazing room for MORE than six people. An awesome slumber party room! :) (It would be tough to beat this arrangement at any hotel) Our second stay was this weekend with friends to celebrate a birthday. The breakfast is wonderful.....I highly recommend the Walnut Street Inn, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Las Vegas
Reviewed November 19, 2009

This was my first trip I took alone with my 4-year old daughter. I was nervous about the flight and about staying in a B & B with her. I was more worried about her behavior than anything. As soon as I arrived with her, we were made to feel welcome. Gary checked us in, helped us with our bags and made us feel very welcome. I didn't need to worry, she was well behaved, but even better, she was made to feel very welcome in the house.
Gary gave helpful suggestions for activities and restaurants. Every evening we came back to our room with fresh cookies next to the bed, which made my daughter happy. Breakfast was also incredible, nicely prepared and beautifully presented. The room was clean and very relaxing.
Springfield is a very quaint city and staying at the Walnut Street Inn enhanced our trip. I can't wait to make another visit.
Thank you, Gary, for making this experience a cherished memory.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I have had the opportunity to stay many times at the Walnut Street Inn and, on every occasion, have found it to be one of the very best B&B's in the country. It is run very professionally, extremely friendly, not obtrusive, flexible in arrangements, exceptionally well-appointed and comfortable, and offering delicious breakfasts. It is a great deal for what you get. I have stayed at other B&B's around the U. S., and this one is my favorite. They cater to all your needs without being overbearing or pretentious. Considering the service, accomodations, and food, I never want to stay anywhere else when I'm in Springfield and look forward to returning each time. The rates are quite reasonable, the online information and photos represent it well, and I hope they will be around for a long time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
California
Reviewed November 4, 2009

Recently, I traveled with my daughter who was visiting a potential college in Springfield, Mo. We came across the Walnut Street Inn and have truly found our home away from home. The Inn was beautiful and we both felt so welcomed and comfortable. I so look forward to our next visit.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Springfield, MO
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I always feel at home here. My favorite thing is when the innkeeper says "Welcome home" on arrival.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
austin
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Gary will go out of his way to make sure your stay is perfect. If you need anything just ask him! Great accommodations, great service, great location, close to downtown.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Springfield, mo.
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed here on our wedding night. While I was booking place the owner was always friendly and helpful despite having to makes changes a few times. When we arrived we were greeted at the door an welcomed. During check we were shown to our room (the Danzero). The room was clean and the Honey moon package was everything they said it would be. The staff was friendly and went the extra mile to provide excellent customer service. My wife and I were very impressed and plan on returning again in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple