“Noisy place”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #49 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Hotel on the corner of a major intersection. Traffic
Noise all night long. Clean room and beds ok. Door did not lock
securely. Rooms outdated with bathroom mold and missing tiles. Bath
tiles too thin.
If you have to stay-do but you think looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Philip R

Reviewed March 31, 2012

The room looked updated. The carpeting looked new and it was clean. The bed was comfortable and I got a good night's rest. The room was back from the road and I didn't hear road noise. The breakfast was basic. I had cereal, peanut butter and jelly toast, coffee and a juice type drink. It met my needs.

Room Tip: Room's back from the road.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This has to have been one of the worst rooms in all of my hotel experiences. It said renovated. WHERE ? The light fixture? It smelled. It needed a good cleaning. The breakfast was a joke. They served toast and small muffins. We ate elsewhere. I will never stay at any Americas Best Value Inn. Not a good value. We should of looked at the room before we paid for it.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you pay for it when you are not sure.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We were coming home from a 7-week trip out West and this was the last motel we stayed in, and it was the worst. The room was not very nice and it smelled. The smoke alarm went off very early in the morning (and we were not planning on getting up this early). My husband tried to disconnect it, but it was impossible. The front desk told us they couldn't do anything about it until the manager got there in an hour. Before we left, we asked for some compensation for the inconvenience, and the front desk girl replied, "You already had six hours of sleep."!!! We will surely never stay here again, nor at any other America's Best Value Inn.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rhett1
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Reserved this hotel for a 3 night stay. The room was not the cleanest I've ever seen & was slightly shabby. The whole place in general was fairly dated. The staff seemed like they'd rather have been anyplace else when I checked in, couldn't find my reservations (made 2 weeks prior), etc. This motel sits on a corner of a very busy intersection. Lots of noise from the road & you have to fight your way out using only 1 direction then turning around somewhere else to go the other way.

The biggest complant I have is this: After the first nights stay we were forced to leave due to an emergency at home. The front desk told me they couldn't refund the 2 unused nights because I'd booked my stay on the website. They said I would have to request a refund from them online. I emailed the online reservations people when we returned home to be told they wouldn't give me a refund. This was NOT a non-refundable reservation. They kept over $100 of my hard earned money & lost a customer for life. There is a very nice Best Western a half block down the road that's worth the extra $5 a night. Next time that's were we will be staying.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank elaine714
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Even if you are trying to save money do not stay here The rooms were smelling of musty old water from the swamp coolers Had to go buy Lysol and spray the room every day to be able to stay there even mentioned it to the management and the bought me another can of Lysol

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wonder62
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We spend Memorial Day weekend every year, for a National Hot Rod show, with America's Best Value Inn. Sam and Jay are the greatest hosts you can find. They are always so great to us and we couldn't ask for more. We will always stay with them when we visit Springfield. The hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants and right across the street from WalMart. Thanks again to Sam and Jay!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends