“Just passing thru - good night's rest and filling basic breakfast”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #48 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Just passing thru - good night's rest and filling basic breakfast”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The room looked updated. The carpeting looked new and it was clean. The bed was comfortable and I got a good night's rest. The room was back from the road and I didn't hear road noise. The breakfast was basic. I had cereal, peanut butter and jelly toast, coffee and a juice type drink. It met my needs.

Room Tip: Room's back from the road.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bartonville
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This has to have been one of the worst rooms in all of my hotel experiences. It said renovated. WHERE ? The light fixture? It smelled. It needed a good cleaning. The breakfast was a joke. They served toast and small muffins. We ate elsewhere. I will never stay at any Americas Best Value Inn. Not a good value. We should of looked at the room before we paid for it.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you pay for it when you are not sure.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Janet S

Travelers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Chicago
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We were coming home from a 7-week trip out West and this was the last motel we stayed in, and it was the worst. The room was not very nice and it smelled. The smoke alarm went off very early in the morning (and we were not planning on getting up this early). My husband tried to disconnect it, but it was impossible. The front desk told us they couldn't do anything about it until the manager got there in an hour. Before we left, we asked for some compensation for the inconvenience, and the front desk girl replied, "You already had six hours of sleep."!!! We will surely never stay here again, nor at any other America's Best Value Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rhett1
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Reserved this hotel for a 3 night stay. The room was not the cleanest I've ever seen & was slightly shabby. The whole place in general was fairly dated. The staff seemed like they'd rather have been anyplace else when I checked in, couldn't find my reservations (made 2 weeks prior), etc. This motel sits on a corner of a very busy intersection. Lots of noise from the road & you have to fight your way out using only 1 direction then turning around somewhere else to go the other way.

The biggest complant I have is this: After the first nights stay we were forced to leave due to an emergency at home. The front desk told me they couldn't refund the 2 unused nights because I'd booked my stay on the website. They said I would have to request a refund from them online. I emailed the online reservations people when we returned home to be told they wouldn't give me a refund. This was NOT a non-refundable reservation. They kept over $100 of my hard earned money & lost a customer for life. There is a very nice Best Western a half block down the road that's worth the extra $5 a night. Next time that's were we will be staying.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank elaine714
pomona
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Even if you are trying to save money do not stay here The rooms were smelling of musty old water from the swamp coolers Had to go buy Lysol and spray the room every day to be able to stay there even mentioned it to the management and the bought me another can of Lysol

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank wonder62
Benton, AR
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We spend Memorial Day weekend every year, for a National Hot Rod show, with America's Best Value Inn. Sam and Jay are the greatest hosts you can find. They are always so great to us and we couldn't ask for more. We will always stay with them when we visit Springfield. The hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants and right across the street from WalMart. Thanks again to Sam and Jay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Sappington, Missouri
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Having stayed at another member of this chain in Gallup, NM, thought we'd give the chain another shot on our continuing journey. First room we were given had no water pressure, remote couldnt be used because it was locked to the nightstand, and in 5 minutes, this pet friendly room became a nightmare. Cat figured out how to get under the boxed bed. Hard beds, big gaps under front door, burned holes in the carpet and no refrigerator which was in all the other rooms. Went and requested another room with a fridge as insulin needed to be stored. Was given another room with a fridge but no nightstand and again NO WATER PRESSURE! Faced the busy road and was noisy all night. Only good thing? The a/c unit was so COLD I actually had to turn it off, and I rarely say that!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple