“Excellent service, clean as a whistle, courteous, friendly staff.”

Best Western Plus Coach House
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 17, 2010

After traveling from PA to MO with my mother, and 5 kids ranging in age from 20yrs to 12 mos, this was a much needed oasis. We were scrambling to find rooms and were lucky enough to have the Best Western up the street who was booked up, call the Coach House Inn for us. We got a fantastic rate on two rooms. These rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a room that the bathroom was so clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was excellent. The only thing I can suggest is getting a high chair or two for your breakfast area. My 12 month old enjoyed her breakfast greatly, but would have been easier not to have her sitting in my lap. During our trip we stayed in a number of hotels and this was the best by far and the best rate as well. Overall, 10 stars!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2010

Dear WearyTravelerMom,
Thank you from all of us here at the Coach House. That was certainly a busy week during your stay and we are glad our sister property took the time to direct you to our property. We look forward to seeing you in the future and thanks again for the great review.

P.S. High Chairs on order!

Reviewed February 1, 2010

Arriving late, I took some wrong turns and nearly stayed elsewhere, but I was glad I did not. Even as a walk-in, I got a decent rate and was very surprised at the quality of bed and furnishings in the comfortable room. Night clerk noted that I hoped for "quiet" and took care to place me back from street noise. My only complaint, not the fault of the staff, was that other guests near me went out and then returned at very late odd hours. One neighbor started up his truck's loud engine and left it running outside my door (doors open to parking), then shouted to others as he went out at 1 am. Otherwise, very comfortable, handy, and we will return on our next cross country trip. We have added this to our list of "regular stops" and recommendations for road trips. The staff is very courteous, and very accomodating.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Staff and I, we here at the Coach House would like to thank your for your critique. I am also glad that our staff was willing and able to assist in all your requests. We look forward to seeing you on your next cross country trip.

Reviewed December 2, 2009

This was my second stay and I will be going back. Convenient location off major routes on north side of Springfield not far from airport. Excellent price and value, and since the costs are paid directly from my revenue, that means a lot. I usually travel alone, and was very comfortable here as a single woman. Clean, attractive, spacious room, similar to Marriotts I most often stay in. Included a loveseat, desk and chair, refrigerator and microwave. Very comfortable bed, real wood furnishings.

Exercise room with treadmill equipment accessible 24 hours / day off the lobby. Also washer, dryer available for guest use. Continental type breakfast, and nicely done lobby reception room with dining tables and conversation area grouped around the fireplace. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Wireless wifi good, but slower than it should be. I was told it was being worked on. The lobby has a guest-use computer and printer set up so you can print itineraries, boarding passes or reservations.

The Best Western web site is not entirely correct; the lowest cost room does not include a refrigerator, but when I asked, I was immediately given a room with this amenity.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank finnime
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2009

Dear Appreciated Business Traveler,

On behalf of my Staff and I, let me thank you for taking your personal time to extend such a wonderful review of our property. We do try to provide all the amenities that todays business travelers require. Whether it is just a one night stay, a four day business trip or just a weekend getaway, the Best Western Coach House strives to make each guests stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed October 5, 2009

Very nice, spacious room, ceiling fan!, fridge & microwave and hair dryer. It was clean and quiet with a good internet connection. I was able to get a smoke-free, pet free room (since I have allergies). The bed and pillows were comfortable and there was adequate lighting in the room. Everything functioned properly (oh, except that wobbly commode).

The hotel is conveniently located just a few blocks from I44, with nearby gas and grocery stores for those necessary errands before hitting the road again.
The staff was helpful and friendly with the front desk staffed 24/7.
Fruit cups, fresh fruit, yogurt and sausage egg biscuits in addition to the standard waffle & pastry breakfast items. There is also instant oatmeal, juices, coffee.
Overall a very pleasant 2 night stay. Definitely will stay there again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank OnTheRoadRetired
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2009

To another of our prized travelers,

Thank you so much for the wonderful Tripadvisor update. We value our guest comments and feel that they do a much better job of letting others know about us than some other outlets. We appreciate you taking the time to help us spread the word about Best Western Coach House Inn and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2009

If everyone staying in Springfield would know about this place , we would never be able to get a room again! Wonderful people, clean, ample sized rooms, park at your door parking. Breakfast was fantastic. Well stocked and large variety of food. Local resturants within walking distance.

We've found a new "home" in Springfield.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2009

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my staff and I, I would like to thank you for your outstanding review. We are certainly glad you have found a new "home" here in Springfield with us. Hopefully, this does encourage people to give us a try, but if we do fill up we will definately save a room for you. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 19, 2009

Room with clean and beds were comfortable. We accidentally left my son's small stuffed animal behind the day we checked out. We did not realize until we were miles down the road and of course he had a mental breakdown. We called the hotel and asked if they could mail it to us. They said no problem and he arrived shortly after we got home from our trip. There is a small pool and playground there just to let the kids burn off some energy after being in the car. The breakfast is your standard continental breakfast but saves you money in the morning. There are many restaurants and gas stations nearby and even a Walmart and K-Mart for anything else you might need. Overall a great stay with lots of conveniences nearby. Customer Service was friendly on check in and check out which makes your stay more personable.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2009

Dear Appreciated Traveler,

We here at the Best Western Coach House Inn would like to extend a heartfelt thank you for your wonderful review. We pride ourselves on being a "family" orientated destination, and are very pleased that you chose us for you lodging needs. We hope to see you again soon, and we again thank you for making the Coach House a part of your travel needs.

Reviewed June 15, 2009

Our family spent 4 days at the best Western Coach house Inn and we really enjoyed our stay. The staff (Jessica) was prompted to check us in (being that there was a bus load of us) and they were very friendly. The desk clerk Jamia was on top of her job she did a wonderful job booking our rooms. The housekeeper Tonette was very polite and friend, she did a great job accommodating all of us every moring to see that we had all we needed and to see that our rooms were cleaned in a timely manor. The rooms were very spacious with very comfortable double queen beds. The bathrooms were clean. The room rates were very affordable for a family reunion. The morning breakfast was awesome, deliteful and plentiful. They served waffles, biscuits and gravy, cerael, coffe, milk, juices, yogart, toast, sausage-cheese and egg biscuits, and even had water for those of us that perfered a different beverage. We all enjoyed the two swimming pools and the little tikes loved kiddie pool and the playground area so much we had to drag them away. The ground a very clean and well cared for. The area is a safe place to stay with small children. The elder people in our group loved the outside area with chairs outside you door so you could sit outside and enjoy the cool of the evening and it made it easy to keep and eye on the little tikes at the playground and in the pool. We would definitely stay at this location again. Wal-Mart, Big K, Ryans, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel, and a number of other resturants in the area and most in walking distance. If you are looking for a comfortable budget friendly hotel, try this one you will not be disappointed. There was also a free washer and dryer at the hotel, which was a plus for all of us. To the staff and all employees at the hotel we, The Phillips Family says thank you and may God bless you always.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank wmp1977
jerry_coach_house, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2009

Dear Phillips Family.

I would like to say that your family was just as great. I am glad that everyone enjoyed their time with us. We here at the Coach House have dealt with large groups ranging from conferences,to sports teams,to family reunions and yours was one of THE Best. The employees you mentioned have been commended and also voiced there appreciation of your family. We really look forward to the next reunion. Thank you again.