“Consistent High Quality”

Best Western Plus Coach House
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stay at the Coach House several times each year on business, and the rooms are very well furnished and exceptionally clean. The front desk people are very friendly and helpful. The only thing I would suggest is an upgrade on the hotel's WiFi service. I've found it very difficult to take my laptop to the Coach House, get online and stay online for very long. The WiFi performs like an old dial-up service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
rnottle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

I_Notice_Everything,
Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate that you notice our consistency and our improvements. I also would like to let you know what we are actually working on our internet and it is being upgraded. We have new routers and should be completely finished with the upgrade very soon. By the 2nd week of August we will have the fastest internet in Springfield. You will be able to bring your laptop with you the next time you come and stay with us and be completely satisfied with our internet. If not please let me know. Again thank you for the great review and we will see you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

It has a funky motel court from the 50s vibe. (You park right outside your room. And despite that, the place is well built, so you don’t really hear much commotion with people in other rooms coming and going.) The decorating is sort of funky also. (Loved having a ceiling fan in the room.) But, it has all the perks of a new, state of the art place. Up-to-date bathroom including a “green” toilet. Flat screen TV. Wifi in the rooms. Microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker in room.

The price is great.
The people who work there very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was wonderful. (Even had bottled water!)
Felt clean. (Even the remote control for the tv was the kind that could be easily cleaned!)
Felt safe.
Room was large and, thanks to blinds and a blackout curtain on the window, dark enough for sleeping.
Great AC.
Easily accessible ice machines.
Reasonably priced vending machines.
Two pools – although pools are no longer a priority for us.
Animals are welcome but there was no evidence that animals stay at the motel.

I cannot think of any negatives. It’s as if they took a list of things that irritate people about staying in motels and addressed them all. If I owned a motel, this is how I would want it to be run.

If we ever spend the night in Springfield again, we will definitely stay here. And, because of this motel, we may make it a point to stay in Springfield on our next cross country trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
rnottle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

slc55,
Thank you for the great review! I am very happy that you had a great stay with us. Our rooms are a little unique with it being an older Best Western but we take pride in everything being up to date in all of our rooms and recently renovated. The room you had sounds like it was one of our Rustic Lodge rooms with the beamed ceilings and ceiling fans. We also have Colonial themed rooms as well. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Springfield and if you need anything during your next stay please let me know.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

We were starting our trip out west and had stopped in St. Louis for the Arch and needed a place to stop on our way. This is a cute hotel. We arrived late so didn't get to use the pool. The grandchildren did play on the playground the nexxt morning. The playground needed a little work and there was a gap around the door that I would rather not have, but other than that the room was really nice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

jmacaluso,

I would like to thank you for the good review. I do apologize that there were a couple issues with the stay and that was the playground and the gap between the door. If you could please contact me regarding those issues so I can get those items fixed and taken care of I would greatly appreciate it. The room number you had with the gap and the problem with the playground as customer satisfaction is our top priority. We hope you are having a safe journey out to the west and we hope to see you again if you pass through Springfield Missouri.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

On our travel in between Dallas and Indiana we were needing a mid-way resting point which was Springfield, MO. We wanted something clean and comfortable but were not looking for a destination vacation spot, but we ended up with thanks to the Coach House Inn and tripadvisor #1 ranking. What a treat our stay was in this very, very nice renovated "motel" of another generation. Our room was impeccably clean and very well thought out. The room came complete with a nice lazy-boy recliner for the men, complete with a microwave and complimentary popcorn. I was won over with the specially designed remote for germ free cleaning...... it is the little things that mean a lot when traveling. The pool's reminded me of my childhood vacation's when it was a treat to go and jump in and swim after a day's travel. I would not have hesitated to have taken a dip in the well maintained pool. The breakfast was provided free which I was not overly excited about, however the word free is self explanatory. I did however fill up on a banana and yogurt. I would highly recommend a night's stay Coach Inn!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
rnottle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

nicnanc1,
I would to start off by thanking you very much for the great review. We are in fact a hotel from a different era but have all the amenities of a hotel from the present time. We have flat screen TV's in all our rooms and wall mounted thermostat controls as well. We take pride in our hotel in customer service and with our ultra clean program that our housekeeping staff provides in every guest room. We hope that you had a safe travel from Indiana and Dallas and hope to see you again at the Best Western Coach House Inn sometime in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL!!!
This whole motel REEKS of cigarette smoke. We requested a non-smoking room, and
the room given to us reeked of cigarette smoke. Requested to be moved to a real NON-Smoking room. We were given another room, which also reeked of stale smoke. When we
asked to be moved again, we were told no rooms available. After 3 nights at this motel,
even clothes that were not removed from suitcase smelled of smoke. After staying at
this Best Western, we are shredding our "gold card"..

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tusitala10
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2011

I'm so sorry about the smokey odor in your room. Although we have guests sign at registration that they will not smoke in our non-smoking rooms, not everyone follows the rules. When this occasionally happens, we deep clean the room and use special equipment to eliminate any second hand smoke. But it sounds like the room still was not right for you and we deeply regret that you didn't have a great experience at our hotel. You may have noticed from the other positive reviews we've gotten that we take customer service very seriously. Please call us directly the next time you are in Springfield. I would personally like to set up our best accommodations for you to make up for this less than satisfying visit. Sincerely, Jeff Keen -GM

Reviewed June 8, 2011

Oh so clean...very modern and updated. Shower was very clean, with no mold in tiles. Service was great. Mornning breakfast was very tasy with a good variety and everything was kept full, enough for all guests. The whole stay was very enjoyable! Yes, we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2011

Thank you so much for the positive posting you gave our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning to see us again soon. We work very hard to give each of our guests a satisfying experience and it was a great pleasure to have you with us. Jeff Keen , General Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Out of all the hotels we stayed on our 3 week roadtrip, this was the most memorable. I was nervous reading all the positive reviews, sounded too good to be true. I also usually prefer a "hotel" with indoor corridors, and though frugal would rather pay more for higher quality. However, Coach House Inn is a gem and you can't beat the value or price! The room and bathroom was VERY clean, even more so than some higher end hotels we stayed in, beautifully updated rooms w/microwaves and fridges, free wifi, etc. The beds were very comfy and the towels were fluffy and thick! The staff was professionally helpful and kind. Breakfast was more than satisfying, with hot food options. My kids loved that there was a playground and we loved the safe, quiet country feel. At breakfast a group of seniors on a tour were talking about how the motel had been in existence a long time, and what a wonderful job they had done to update and maintain it. I loved that we stayed in a place that has nostalgia and instead of tearing down or neglecting the property the owners have made it a place where our generation can also look forward to stopping again next time we drive through.

• Stayed: May 2011
jeffkeen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Dear Daveysmom, Wow! Thank you so much for articulating, so wonderfully, everything that is positive about our hotel. You have painted such a detailed picture for other travelers so that I'm sure your review is very helpful to readers. Thanks for pointing out how much our ownership has invested in preserving the nostalgia of our property, yet updating the rooms and amenities. Our staff works very hard to provide first class service and I must say that having wonderful guests like you makes our jobs a true pleasure. Please come back to see us very soon. Jeff Keen