I read several reviews both on Hotels.com and Trip Advisor before booking this hotel. I have to say that this is the best place I have ever stayed that didn't cost over $200 a night.
The staff was friendly and accommodating from when we first checked in. The room booked was a smoking room and I called ahead of time to see if they had any non smoking available but was informed they were all booked up. I had reservations about the smokey smell of most rooms but you couldn't even tell that this was a smoking room when we walked in. The room's perks included a small kitchen area including fully stocked cabinets, a small stove, a dishwasher, a sink, and a fridge. The room also included a desk area, a recliner, as well as TV and DVD player - the front desk even had an extensive list of movies you could check out during your stay. The bathroom area was bigger than most hotel bathrooms affording space to move around and not feel cramped. Even the quality of the hand and face soaps they provided were superior to most hotels in my opinion. The beds and linens were perfect, no scratchy blankets here. Each bed had 4 pillows as well as a bolster pillow. The beds were a comfortable firmness and I don't think I've slept better away from home as I did here.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in and around the Springfield Missouri area.
The hotel did not provide breakfast but had an area where food and drink items could be purchased, it was also within walking distance of a few bars and several places to have a meal. Aside from the slight road construction at a nearby intersection this location provided us with great access to anywhere in the city.
Kuddos to this hotel and its staff for making this an amazing stay, I will definitely be booking my next room at Candlewood Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Stay at the Best of Springfield, Missouri Hotels Rated as offering 'excellent' service and designed with long-term travelers in mind, the Award Winning Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel in Springfield is the ideal place to stay. We're convenient to Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF) and downtown Springfield, Missouri. Our hotel's guests enjoy a variety of attractions, from the indoor marvels of the Bass Pro Shop to the outdoor magnificence of the Fantastic Caverns nine miles from the hotel. In Springfield, you can shop at Battlefield Mall or see a captivating show at the Hammons Center for Performing Arts, all only a short drive from our extended stay hotel. Springfield is also home to businesses such as Students and Free Enterprise, Springfield Underground, John Deere, Evangel University, Drury University and Missouri State University - Springfield. Lodging here lets you enjoy the ultimate extended stay suites for business travelers, as well as a 768-sq. Ft. Meeting room and a 24-hour Business Center. Planning an extended stay in Springfield? Our suites have all the amenities you want, like fully equipped kitchens, free high-speed Internet access, large work spaces, recliners and triple-sheeted bedding. With a meal from the Candlewood Cupboard and a free DVD from the lending library, you can expect a comfortable stay at our extended stay hotel in Springfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Candlewood Suites Springfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Springfield Hotel Springfield
- Candlewood Springfield
- Springfield Candlewood Suites