Candlewood Suites Springfield
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$115
Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Breakfast included
$89
ComfortInn
$120
Hotel Vandivort(Springfield)
$149
$145
Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$76
$72
$109
Greenstay Hotel & Suites(Springfield)(Great Value!)
$95
$71
$109
$104
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsihg memberice makerfree laundrycracker barrelfull kitchenlonger staysmall kitchenthe holiday innhome away from homeking suitefront desk ladygreat customer servicespent one nightlaundry roomliving roomextended stayoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was very please with Candlewood Suites, its like home away from home. The staff were very friendly and helpful at check in and when the hair dryer wasnt working. The amenities are awesome and so worth the stay there. Will always stay there when I travel to Springfield.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tamela R
Layne B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Tamela R.:

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to review our property. Providing great guest service is a high priority for all of us here at Candlewood Suites. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have only stayed at a Candlewood Suites once years ago - it had a tiny lobby, dark and felt like a low end apartment building. This one is more like a hotel!

The lobby is very inviting. The room and bathroom are nicely sized. The big table/desk in the kitchen/living area is beautiful and really convenient. Amenities are well stocked. Towels are thick and nice. Bed is a little soft. Staff is friendly. This is basically like a Staybridge, Homewood Suites or Residence Inn without the breakfast/evening offering.

The location is toward the northern end of town but it has a Walmart and a few restaurants near by. It is not too bad.

The downsides:

1 - it is a smoking hotel and you can smell smoke in certain parts of the hotel
2 - parking can be a little inconvenient as you have to walk around or on a grass area to get into the hotel
3 - the fan that pulls cool air from the living area to the sleeping area is noisy
4 - AC (and probably heat) in room turns off automatically based on motion sensor - you can return to a hot/cold room after not being in the room all day
5 - common in this type of construction, you can hear your neighbors walking above you (and half of the top floor is smoking floor). So, there is no ideal room

Room Tip: Consider the smoking rooms and parking lot(s) when choosing a room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Want2GoHome
Layne B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Want2GoHome:

I wanted to thank you for providing me and my team feedback on your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate having the opportunity to accomodate you during your travels and we can't wait to see you again!

Yours in hospitality,

Layne Bradley

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We reserved two room for this stay almost two weeks before we arrived. We only received a conformation for one room. I had to call to make sure we had two rooms reserved. When we arrived we were given one regular room and one handicapped room. The handicapped bathroom is a problem for us. When I requested another room I was curtly told there were only smoking rooms left. The biggest problem with both rooms is the only bed is pushed against a call so that it is difficult for the inside person has to climb over the outside person. Very dreary rooms as well. Not a good value for what you get - not even a roll in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Layne B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Janis D:

I want to take a moment and apologize for failing to meet your expectations. Me and my team strive to provide the best experience possible for all of our guests and with that in mind I would like to reassure you that we will use your feedback to learn so that we might better serve our future guests. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay.

Yours in hospitality,

Layne Bradley

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent 2 nights here at the Candlewood Suites. I had never heard of this chain before our stay. Rooms have a small kitchen with microwave popcorn. There is a "pantry" store in the lobby where you can pick up snacks and food items. The workout area was small but well equipped. As we were traveling by motorcycle and needed to do laundry every few days I was impressed that they have several new washers and dryers that are FREE for use. The only thing that could improve this hotel would be a pool/spa. I understand being an extended stay hotel that it is not normal for them to have a pool/spa.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Louwagie
Allen B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Louwagie, Thank you so much for staying with us at Candlewood I44. I am glad your first experience with the Candlewood brand was with us . Im also glad we made your stay wonderful.Next time you are traveling by motorcycle and in Springfield Missouri and need a place to rest stop . See you your next trip.

Always at your service,

Allen Bangs

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Candlewood many times. It has not changed since my first visit. I have gotten to know most of the people that work there. The staff is excellent. They are friendly and they take good care of you. I am in the military and got a great discount. I have also worked with Teresa a lot for my soldiers and she goes out of her way to make sure that we are taken care of. If she sees you, she asks how you are and she actually cares. My last visit there, I showed up at 8am to make a reservation for that night. At the time I didn't realize that I didn't have to be to work until 5pm so I had all day to waste. Allen a general manager, told me that I could check in as soon as I wanted to because my room was already ready. He didn't make me wait until check-in time. I am thankful for that because I wouldn't have had anywhere else to go. He also offered me a complimentary drink. I love the staff at this hotel. They are amazing. The rooms are nice. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Samantha P
Allen B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear SamanathaP, Thanks you for your kind remarks about our staff. It is our Honor to do what we can for the men and women that fight for our freedom. The staff here looks forward to your next visit.

At your service,