“The Best Hotel in Springfield, MO”

Candlewood Suites Springfield
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stay hundreds of nights each year in hotels.

The Springfield, MO Candlewood Suites is one of the best. No, you do not get breakfast included, or an afternoon snack, but you get a wonderfully clean room, comfortable furnishings, and a full kitchen. You also receive a free bag of microwave popcorn to munch on while enjoying the multitude of television channels and HBO channels.

I first stayed here over two years ago. Theresa has been here since before my first stay and she is still here. She remembers me as do a number of staff, like Linda who has been with this hotel since it opened.

If you plan on staying in Springfield for a night or a month, I highly recommend this hotel.

Safe and succesful travels.

3  Thank David R
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear David R,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty over the past 2 years. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review for us. Teresa and Linda are definitely the glue that holds this place together and I am so proud to have them on my team.

We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed Memorial Day Weekend. All the convenience of your home except smaller. Very nice hotel, room and bathroom very clean. Even tho they don't provide breakfast, they do have an area where you can purchase breakfast items, sodas, tea, sandwiches, chips, etc. The staff very friendly, courteous and helpful. Reasonable rates. We liked it so much that we went ahead and booked for next year. This hotel fills up fast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank lvtotravelmo
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear lvtotravelmo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy to hear that not only did you have a great stay but that we will see you again next year!!!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Allen and the rest of this staff is top notch! This place is so clean and updated with service that cannot be beaten! They make you feel like your at home and always trying to offer ideas or things of comfort. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in the future when visiting Springfield. Great job EVERYONE and thanks for such a clean and great visit! It's truly a home away from home while being on the road!

3  Thank DanfromIowa
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Danfromiowa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review and for recognizing Allen for his greatness. Our team takes pride in providing top notch service and cleanliness standards. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Checked into Candlewood Suite after having had a bad experience at another hotel across the road. Had two rooms one for friend with dog and a room on a separate floor. Everything was great. Staff excellent both in checking in and out. Hotel common areas and room were spotless, clean and comfortable. This is a suites hotel with a kitchenette. No restaurant but a "pantry" with a number of food items. Plus plenty of restaurants nearby and location great ----just off of I-44. Also, importantly, the rate was not much more then the hotel we checked out of and a much better value.

Room Tip: Houlihans good spot for dinner and only a few blocks away.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank photoworld
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Photoworld,

It is through guest reviews like this that me know we are on the right track. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I truly love hearing how great of a stay our guests have with us, especially on their first stay with us.

Please come back and see us again real soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been staying at this Candlewood Suites for the past 4 years. From day one Teresa Shuler, Diretor of Sales has always made it feel like my home away from home. This property is always clean and well maintained. I recommend staying at this Candlewood Suites.

1  Thank james T
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear JamesT,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest for so many years and for recognizing Teresa so how great she is. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We look forward to you coming back to us real soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am a Platinum Priority Club member. This means I spend a lot of nights in hotels. This Candlewood Suites does seem to go the extra mile to be friendly and courteous. I was here 2 weeks in a row and made changes in my time frame both times. Staff at front desk were better at making you feel as a guest than any $200 a night hotel. They greeted me each morning and afternoon in a friendly but professional manner. If Holiday Inn needs a training center all they need to do is have staff spend a few days at this hotel, they would all learn a lot about how to treat people staying at their hotels. After a particularly challenging business day it was nice to be consoled like a friend who had a bad day upon my return to the hotel. Management is doing something here that other hoteliers could learn from. This is where I will be staying when in Springfield and I would highly recommend anyone else to do the same.

1  Thank tom1887
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Tom1887,

I am so thrilled to have read this review! We work really hard so that our guests feel like our hotel is their home away from home. Thank you for taking the time to write this for us! We appreciate you and hope you come back and visit soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

As many will attest, it's hard to find a hotel unaffected by the recent bedbug plague. Not only were there NONE in my room, housekeeping did an immaculate job overall. In fact, I was so impressed that I stayed there again on my return trip a day later! I was driving a large 26' diesel box truck and found this hotel's location to be *very* convenient. Another nice feature was the ease of driving a large rig in and out as well as parking it. Speaking of parking, due to the layout, you can park your truck a distance from the other rooms in order to keep noise to a minimum for other guests. Freeway (I-44) access couldn't be any easier unless there was an on-ramp in the parking lot ;-)

I was so impressed with the cleanliness and functionality of the facility, I almost forgot to mention one of the "unsung heroes" of customer service at the front desk: ALLEN. He should write a book on customer service because he is an expert! He was very alert to any issues that I might have been having, whether unloading, loading or with incidentals. He is the "go-to" problem solver.

As a motorsport enthusiast, I was thrilled to discover that Candlewood Suites is a NHRA drag racing sponsor. I have not visited other Candlewood Suites as of yet, but after this experience, they'll get the first shot at my business. If this property is any indication, they could all be "winners"!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor where I stayed is pet-free and non-smoking. Some other floors allow pets. Note that...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roger B
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Roger B,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts from our team. We truly take pride in providing a hotel where our guests feel like they are at home. Allen is definitely one of our superstars!

Please come back and see us again!