“Empasis on "CLEAN"!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis
“Empasis on "CLEAN"!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

As many will attest, it's hard to find a hotel unaffected by the recent bedbug plague. Not only were there NONE in my room, housekeeping did an immaculate job overall. In fact, I was so impressed that I stayed there again on my return trip a day later! I was driving a large 26' diesel box truck and found this hotel's location to be *very* convenient. Another nice feature was the ease of driving a large rig in and out as well as parking it. Speaking of parking, due to the layout, you can park your truck a distance from the other rooms in order to keep noise to a minimum for other guests. Freeway (I-44) access couldn't be any easier unless there was an on-ramp in the parking lot ;-)

I was so impressed with the cleanliness and functionality of the facility, I almost forgot to mention one of the "unsung heroes" of customer service at the front desk: ALLEN. He should write a book on customer service because he is an expert! He was very alert to any issues that I might have been having, whether unloading, loading or with incidentals. He is the "go-to" problem solver.

As a motorsport enthusiast, I was thrilled to discover that Candlewood Suites is a NHRA drag racing sponsor. I have not visited other Candlewood Suites as of yet, but after this experience, they'll get the first shot at my business. If this property is any indication, they could all be "winners"!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor where I stayed is pet-free and non-smoking. Some other floors allow pets. Note that...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Roger B
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Roger B,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize the efforts from our team. We truly take pride in providing a hotel where our guests feel like they are at home. Allen is definitely one of our superstars!

Please come back and see us again!

Gerrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great hotel, everything possible exceeded our expectations!

Front desk staff were helpful and courtesy. Recommendations for local restaurants for dinner were spot on.

Gerri Lynn was great. Loved the Linen and sheets.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank tagme710
Dear Tagme710,

I am so happy to hear when our Team exceeds the expectations of our guests! That means we are on the right track! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to give your kudos to the team!

Please come back and stay with us longer!

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights after landing our private aircraft at KSGF. This hotel has the most positive wonderful team attitude in its staff; everyone seemed genuinely intent on making our stay superb. We couldn't have been more impressed with every single staff member we met. The maintenance engineer was so friendly to us in the fitness room where he was checking that the equipment was functioning well for guests. The cleaning ladies were sure not just making the motions like we sometimes spot staff doing in hotels, but instead they appeared to be taking real pride in ensuring that the lovely lobby area was gleaming. Allen, Patrick and sorry I forgot the nice girl's name, were so helpful, friendly and professional on the front desk. All these staff members really impressed us. Then we met Gerrie Schoors (the manager) and it was easy to see where the positive inspiration for her staff was coming from. Both Gerrie and Teresa (sales director) set the bar high for looking after guests, but in the most amazing positive inflence manner. They inspire the great team spirit here. Gerrie, as Captain of this team, you sure are doing all the right things, and guests like us are the benefactors! It was a real pleasure to stay in your hotel, and we hope to come back.
Rooms are beautiful, and the free coffee in the pantry is a very appreciated touch. As well, the free laundry facilities at this location are the best I have seen in a Candlewood. Lots of machines mean that you can wash or dry clothes without annoying waiting, and the ones I used were working beautifully.
The location of this hotel makes it so convenient. We were right close to the Springfield Basspro location - which my husband and I both adored. (This this the main/head office location of Basspro - where it all started.) Then we were right around the corner from the highway to drive about 40 minutes to Branson. If you go to Branson, be sure to see the Basspro location there, and treat yourself to a fine dining meal at their "Fish House" restaurant. The alligator appetizer is amazing.
The location and facilites are both great, but the staff at this Candlewood Suites location are what set it totally above other hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PA32pilot
Dear PA32pilot,

This review truly warmed my heart. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your travels and busy schedule to write this kind review. We are so happy that you had such a great experience with us and in the Ozarks!

Please come back and see us again soon!!!

oklahoma
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Top notch place, very comfortable bed and pillows, everything there that you need whether you stay one night or a few. Room has microwave, stove, refrigerator, free wifi. Convenient location right off the highway. Would definately stay there again and recommend it to others.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank livinthedream1960
Dear Livinthedream1960,

Thank you so much for writing this review. We take great pride in providing a great hotel that our guests love!

Please come back and visit us again real soon!

Glen Carbon, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wonderful rooms, clean, good size, full frig, stove top, complimentary popcorn and easy highway acces. Those are just some of the reasons this place is great. I stayed there as a chaperone with a school group. Front desk people were very accommodating - shout out esp. to Patrick. He even cleared out a room for our group to practice in. Hotel across the parking lot gives pool access. Restaurants in easy walking distance and even a walmart within a bit longer walking distance. Also there is a reasonably priced little store in the hotel with all meal and dessert possibilities. Would definitely stay again with a group or on a personal/business trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mom4unicorn
Gerrie Y, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Mom4unicorn,

Thank you so much for writing this review! I am so disappointed I did not get to meet you and your team when you checked in. I am so happy that Patrick was able to take care of your needs. It sounds like your group had a lot of fun! Please come back and see us soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I only stayed at the hotel for one night with my son on my way through for a concert. We were just looking for a "bed for the night". At the front deak was Allen, who was absolutley fantastic!! He went above and beyond helping us with directions, local advice , etc. I am a frequent business traveler and have had numerous experiences with great customer service; for a small town hotel he made us feel like we were at a five star resort!! This hotel and this chain have a customer for life!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank roadwarriorz2012
Dear roadwarriorz2012,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I definitely agree with you that Allen is amazing! I truly love reading about how our guests loved their stays. Please come back and stay with us a little bit longer next time.

Kansas
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This property is convent to all that you want to do in Springfield! Allen at the front desk made sure that the family had a connecting room and called to make sure everything was ok. We found the hotel to have all that we needed to make our stay comfortable and peaceful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank falcon8893
Dear Falcon8893,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so great to hear that Allen was able to provide exactly what your family needed during your stay with us. It makes me very proud knowing that my team is putting their guests needs first. Please come back and see again real soon!