“Flame never disappoints.”

Flame Steakhouse and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Flame Steakhouse and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 716 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Always best steak and service in town. Well run resturant -owners are always there making sure patrons are happy. Always leave here feeling you got value for your money.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to Flame for a casual date and really enjoyed our first impression. We ordered the calamari fries for an appetizer; they were amazing along with the chile thai sauce. My wife ordered the 8 oz filet and it was a very good cut. I ordered the Garbage salad, but was unable to eat it because it had a hair in it. The server made the best of the situation by picking up most of the meal price. Our cocktails were some of the best we have ever had, and overall the experience was great. Hopefully the situation was corrected for future visitors.

1  Thank nickyyy_b
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We do business with a lot of restaurants in this region for over 25 years so we have seen them come and go. Was in town for meetings and decided to stop in for business dinner. Waited a short bit so had cocktails in downstairs lounge which was awesome in set up and friendly barkeep. Seated in less than 10 minutes w no reservation. All of us had fish as well as oysters and everything was perfect. Eat here about once a year and while a little pricey we were all commenting that it was well worth it. Great job!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

If this is what they call prime beef in Mo then I will pass on eating beef in this town. I had the 24 ounce bone in Ribeye and I could buy that cut of meat at the local grocer and prepare it better. Weird seasoning and TOUGH. They give you a saw for a knife because you need it to cut into the meat. I have had bone in prime Ribeye and been able to cut it with my fork. Lucky to get 2 stars except everybody was friendly while they served the substandard meat.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We have not been here for quite some time so when my birthday dinner came up, my husband suggested we go here. I was excited because our last meal we had here was amazing. Even though we didn't have reservations, we were seated immediately. Server came quickly and took our drink order. We did have to ask for glasses for our beer when she brought them out, which I thought was strange. We ordered our dinner and an appetizer. Appetizer arrived quickly and it was good. All the other tables around us were served bread with pumpkin muffins and for some reason, our server never even offered us any. We finally asked for them and she brought some right before our dinner entrees arrived. Just found it strange that she assumed we didn't want any. My steak was cooked perfect and very tasty. Unfortunately, my husband's steak had a long dark hair on his plate in his food. When he found it the server just happened to be standing right there at our table. She took it away immediately. Then came back several minutes later and said that they were cooking him another steak. By this time he had lost his appetite and told her he didn't feel like waiting for them to fix another meal. So she left and did not say anything or come back for a while, seemed like she was avoiding us really. Then when she did come back she said the manager was really busy but he would be out to talk to us before we left. He came out and spoke with my husband about it. He seemed irritated that my husband didn't want another meal and was not apologetic. He just kept saying that they have prep cooks that work during the day that are different than the evening cook staff. They took the charge for my husband's meal off our check as well as his two drinks and wrote a note on the back of a business card that he could have a complimentary steak next time, which we were appreciative of. They also ended up sending us some birthday dessert to take home. Overall, not the greatest birthday meal experience. Was hoping for a lot more and just feel disappointed.