“South Springfield”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District
Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed May 10, 2013

First, let me say that I am a Platinum Priority Club Rewards Member and have been with PCH since 1998. That means I stay at A LOT of IHG properties. This is a new design for Holiday Inn, the room entryways are staggered, so one of the interior walls is at an angle, hard to explain, you will just have to see it. I was in a suite with a sofa, table and a halfway dividing wall between the sitting area and bedroom. Typical Holiday Inn with upgraded beds and linens, extra comforters etc. Goof breakfast and they use REAL FLATWARE, which is not typical. Good location, great people. IHG earns my business in this country and many others. I only stayed one night but I am returning next week for 5 nights and this is where I will be.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank woodywould
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Can't even begin to tell you how much we appreciate your great comments on our hotel! We are a bit new to the IHG family but we love being a part of this company as well! We have always tried to do above and beyond with our guests and our service - I hope we never disappoint! We look forward to having you return to our hotel next week! Please don't hesitate to let me (Pam - the General Manager) or any of us know if there is anything else we can do to make your stay better than ever!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Used an annual rewards certificate to spend a night at this hotel, and it is GREAT! From the moment we walked through the door, everything was above par--nicely decorated, clean, and a very professional young man named "Jacob" to check us in. He checked us in promptly, pointed out the amenities of the hotel, and made us feel as though we were truly welcome guests. Got to the room and it was immaculate. Not a thing to complain about. Went to dinner at a steakhouse next door to the hotel, came back to the room and settled in for the night. Beds and pillows were very comfortable, nice sitting area, nice bath area and a great TV. Had the usual HIE breakfast the next morning with eggs, sausage, biscuit and gravy, pancakes, etc. Could not ask for more. Will be using this hotel again for sure--and will be more than willing to actually pay for it this time. You cannot go wrong on this one!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so proud of Jacob! He along with all of our other staff go out of their way to make guests feel welcome and we love it too! Thank you for selecting our hotel for your stay and I am thrilled to know you will be coming back! We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to the Springfield, MO area! Thank you for all your kind comments!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Passing through from Chicago to Amarillo TX, we spent the night here and because me and my wife liked the area and the hotel we decided to extend our stay by another day. The interior layout is very nice and probably the best of all the other Holiday Inn Express locations I've been to. The pool had warm water which was a treat since most pools seem to have cold water. It's in a great location as we were able to visit Branson and catch a show and do some shopping. The front staff was great and we definitely plan a trip back to this area and this hotel. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Relf C
plp50, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

So glad you chose our hotel for your stay during your travels from Chicago to Amarillo! Traveling can be tiresome and we hope to always make our guests feel as great about their stay as you did! Please come again soon whenever you are passing through!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Friendly and welcoming staff. Clean and comfortable hotel with good amenities. We arrived later than planned so were pleased to see a couple of good eating places close-by and more importantly an Andy's Frozen Custard. Breakfast was up to the standard expected if this grade of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

First and foremost - thank you so much for taking time to acknowledge your stay with us and in such a delightful manner! We all strive to meet and exceed as much as we can the expectations of travelers who select our hotel! I am so pleased that your stay was great! Please come again soon!!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

In town on 4/27 for a sports event. Welcomed late Saturday night by friendly desk person, Aaron maybe? Immediately noticed clean lobby area. He quickly noted our Priority number and offered us bottled water. Room was enormous, two queen beds plus a sofa, micro, fridge. Plenty of room to spread out. Breakfast was great, including the usual fare both hot and cold, and a pancake maker, which was perfectly acceptable. Sabrina was a friendly face on Sunday, and assisted with several questions. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We hope to always make your stay the best one and most pleasant ever! Thank you so much for your kind words complimented my evening guest services representative. I know he certanly gives his all and tries to make everyone feel welcomed! Please come again soon and let us have the pleasure of having you stay with us!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am staying at the Sleep Inn down the street and wanted to do my laundry. Ronnie helped me with my reservation and checked me in, went out of his way to make sure that I enjoyed my stay and then some.
I called the front desk late that evening to see if they had a laundry facility onsite. He said no but he told me I was more than welcome to use the Holiday Inn Suites Express laundry facility down the street since they are sister hotels. WOW!!!!! He called to make sure Drake would be there to greet me. Drake made me feel like I was a customer of his. This is the best service I have had since I stayed at the Comfort Lodge on E. Battlefield where Erica(Manager) went over and above any expectation!!! => I can tell she loves her job.

Room Tip: The Staff at Comfort Lodge on E. Battlefield, Sleep Inn on James River Expwy & Campbell and The...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for acknowledging our great night auditor, Drake! I am so pleased to know that what we have put into place as far as our two hotels working together is working so well! We strive to treat Sleep Inn guests (our sister property as we are both managed by the same management company) just as great as we treat our own!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Not only does this hotel meet basic expectations for a hotel, it exceeded them on our stay. The rooms are exceptionally well appointed, very clean, and the lobby and staff were terrific. The breakfast the next day was fresh and lovely. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
plp50, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Medical District, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you Thank you Thank you! Wow! How wonderful to hear such kind and great remarks about this hotel. My staff tries really hard to make sure everyone has a great stay and they also try to make everyone who visits our hotel feel at home! Please come and stay with us again when you are in the Springfield, MO area.