“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Thayer, Missouri
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had a great stay at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza on 06/14/14. The hotel is in a safe location near a nice apartment complex.

There is a Wendy's, a Purple Burrito and a very clean convenience store/gas station within walking distance. Even though the hotel appeared to be pretty full (the parking lot was packed) and there was a large teenage sports team staying there our room was super quiet. This was probably the most quiet hotel I've ever stayed in!

We stayed in a King size room which was HUGE! There was plenty of room for our 12 month old to crawl around and play. The refrigerator and microwave were great for preparing baby food and formula for our little one. I had been worried about giving the baby a bath in a hotel bath tub but the tub at the La Quinta was so clean that I had no issue with letting my baby sit in it.

I'm also an animal lover and I really appreciated that this La Quinta had donation boxes for the local animal shelter.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM2445, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hello River_Otter2014!

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We greatly appreciate your kind words

We have an amazing housekeeping team and your review is a huge compliment to them! I will share this with our entire team. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us as much as we enjoyed serving you. We hope to see you soon!

Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I just stayed at this hotel for a second time and realized I forgot to review it the first time. So here's a two part review.
Stay 1 - we chose this hotel based on it being pet friendly as we were traveling with our mini-dachshund. This hotel doesn't just accept pets, it welcomes them as special guests. Fritz got his own welcome bag with a treat and got another one almost every time he walked through the lobby. When we got to our room we found it clean, spacious and nicely decorated. We put the dog bed by the desk, food and water dish in the bathroom, Fritz hid his new treat in the chair cushion and stuck his favorite toy under the bed. It was obvious he was at home. There is a convenient walk area for pets as well. We enjoyed happy hour in the lobby (with pizza, without the dog) as well as a complete breakfast the next morning including waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy. The breakfast area is large enough that seating was never a problem. We promised we would stay here next time we were in Springfield. That brings us to:
Stay 2 - No dog with us this time. We reserved two rooms, one king and one with two queens for us and our daughters. Again we were welcomed warmly at the front desk and check in was a breeze. A little disappointed there was no happy hour (only Mon-Wed) but breakfast was still the same and very good.
I would highly recommend choosing this LaQuinta for a stay in Springfield.
P.S. The only complaint I had was there is no full-length mirror in the room.

1 Thank Sally D
GM2445, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello Sally D & Fritz!!

Thank you for the amazing review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us.

We are happy to hear that Fritz felt welcome and right at home. We love to welcome these little family members and we are glad you enjoyed the provided space to take him for a walk.

Thank you for staying with us not only once but twice! We are currently working on making Happy Hour available every night. Fingers crossed it will be soon! It was our pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you and Fritz again soon!

Have a safe and Happy 4th of July.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2014

On June 19th, I had an awful Airline experience returning to Springfield, MO. When we landed it was almost midnight anf the entire plane sighed with relief. I was soooo tired and stressed out from delays, missed connections and unfriendly service that I could not drive home.
I remembered LQ and headed for a place to sleep.
The desk was being covered by 2 young people that I believe were named Gabby and Alex.They were great kids listened to my story and got me into a room quickly. Alex lent me his phone charger so I could plug in and call my kids. He also came to the entrance to help me with my bags. Gabby found that I had stayed there before and made sure all my information was accurate. They were a warm, welcoming, respectful team and helped make me feel cared about and comfortable. I returned the phone charger the following morning and was greeted by Chris(?)-- a positive gregarious host.
I really appreciate the young people at the desk at LQ. They are sincere and caring.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GM2445, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hello!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! That is a great review of our property and our team members. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience during your trip back to Springfield but we are pleased to hear that were able to be your safe haven once you arrived.

We are very proud of our team members. We have an amazing team and your review is proof of this. Thank you for taking the time to share. We appreciate you and your kind words.

We hope to see you soon!

Hinton, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We loved this hotel on our way home from a week long vacation. 5 of us, so we got their suite. Plenty of room to spread out, comfortable beds and very clean. Staff was super friendly, breakfast good. Would recommend this hotel.

1 Thank BethP425
GM2445, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hello BethP425!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone! We appreciate such a great review!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our family suite and that it gave you the needed space for your family. One of the best compliments you can give is to recommend us to your friends and family! Thank you!

Hope to see you soon!

Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We checked and checked and finally found a room big enough for 5 people. This hotel had a family room with. King bed, queen bed and a twin sofa. Plenty of room for all of us and our baggage . Breakfast was good and there was a lot if hot and cold food and plenty to go around. The staff was really friendly and helpful with finding us a place to put our freezer packs so they would be frozen for the next day. Thanks so much.

Stayed June 2014
Hello TexasWingnuts!

Thank you for such a great review! I too love those family suites. They are great! We are thrilled that we were able to accommodate your family and give you the space you needed. I am glad to hear that our team members were able to assist you with your freezer packs!

Stop by and see us the next time you are in Springfield!

Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Every interaction I had with this hotel's staff was delightful. They are accommodating, helpful and service-minded. The property and my room are very clean and well kept. I had a very nice stay and highly recommend a stay at the La Quinta.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
GM2445, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hello Joyintopeka!

Thank you for sharing such an amazing review! We do have an amazing team and we do love serving our guests and making them feel part of our family! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed all the hard work from our team members and that you enjoyed what we have to offer! We want to be a home away from home for each and every guest we have stay with us. We will share your review with the whole team!

We would love to serve you again! Come back and see us soon!

Rolla, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Made a group reservation for our 8U coach pitch team. Each room had a welcome sign for our boys. It was a great stay with super clean rooms and friendly staff. The breakfast was great, I love the waffles. Will be making reservation here again in the future. Thanks so much for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello Melissa D!

Thank you for sharing such an amazing review! We were pleased to serve your group and we are thrilled that you all enjoyed the welcome banners that we placed on your doors.

We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!