Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 12, 2006

We arrived at this hotel in the middle of the night en route to visit family farther north. I had heard about Hammons-owned hotels and shouldn't have been surprised by how nice this property is, but it is really quite nice. That's putting it mildly. It was really upscale. The decor was not consistent with what I had come to associate with a Holiday Inn. Whoever is responsible for the styling of this hotel deserves a serious pat on the back. Very nice. We stayed here for only a few hours as we woke up early to continue on our way. However, I had previously spent a considerable amount of time in Springfield for business related training and think this Holiday Inn Select would be perfect for an extended stay. Not the type requiring kitchenette facilities, but definitely perfect for a few days stay.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled with family
2  Thank DallasTricia

Reviewed November 11, 2006

We stayed here on a trip from Nebraska to Louisiana. The hotel is relatively new but the surrounding area looks a little rough. When we arrived early in the evening after a whole day on the road the hotel couldn't honour our request for a smoking room but upgraded us to a mini-suite after I questioned whether it was worth the effort of being a Priority Club member. The room was OK but had the smallest double beds I've ever seen in a hotel in the USA - just as well there were two of them. We woke in the morning to find ants streaming out of a nest under the bath tub, which housekeeping dealt with promptly. If everything went according to plan I'm sure this would be a reasonable place to stay but problems with our visit meant we didn't really enjoy it.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Five-Oh-States
Robert H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2016

Reviewed September 24, 2006

After reading reviews on this site, I booked 5 days at this hotel. The staff was very friendly in the dining area, front desk and even the maintenance man who offered us a fresh cup of coffee for the road on Saturday morning very early. The suite was clean and well-appointed. It was money well spent and I will certainly stay there again.

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank limenitus

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Downtown. We are so humbled by your feedback and we truly value your loyalty!

Reviewed September 19, 2006

Hotel is very new so that was pleasant. Staff was fine, check-in and out were pretty quick. The room was comfortable but the cleaning was not quite what I would hope for: there were hairs in the bathtub, crumbs on the desk, the floor was not well vacuumed, the coffee mugs weren't cleaned very well. The room was so new those little cleaning gaffes weren't a huge deal (if the room was older it would have just added to a general feeling of shabbiness). Breakfast was well laid out in a big room, food was fine. Cleaning staff sometimes have an off day, it wouldn't keep me from coming back here. There's a Korean restaurant across the street that seems popular with lots of locals, I had adequate takeout from there. In all, I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank cb1975

Reviewed September 9, 2006

My daughter, her best friend and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Springfield MO over the labor day weekend. This is not an ordinary Holiday Inn Express. It is beautiful and very clean. We were so impressed with the lobby, breakfast area, pool and our room. I especially want to mention how nice and helpful the front desk people are. Tammy, the Operations Manager was so helpful when I made our reservations. Jody checked us in and helped us find the place when I kept getting turned around. It is such a pleasure to stay in such a beautiful place with such friendly helpful people. I will stay here every time I visit Springfield!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank eminis

A TripAdvisor Member
Peoria,Illinois
Reviewed July 11, 2006

We travel every summer from Illinois to Dallas and for the past 12 years we have driven straight through however we decided to break the trip up into 2 days. Springfield, MO is exactly our halfway point and I was dreading staying in a hotel. I was pleasantly surprised upon my arrival at this hotel. We didn't arrive until 10:00pm and were greeted as if it was 8:00 in the morning. Very friendly staff. The hotel is in excellent condition. I am one of those who travels with my own pillow and sometimes my own sheets. This place was incredibly clean and inviting. The decor is upscale and looks as if it were brand new. The complimentary breakfast was a nice addition and actually quite good. I like to stay in the nicest hotels possible and although it is not a four or five star hotel, it acts like one. I no longer have to drive for 14 straight hours and will most definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn Suites in Springfield on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed April 8, 2006

I was very surprised at the quality of the Holiday Inn Express, even though it had gotten rave reviews on tripadvisor. We were on the 4th floor looking South with 3 full windows. Room was very nicely decorated, bath was spacious and very clean. High speed internet in the room plus a business center with a computer. Staff was very courteous and attentive. A great Thai restaurant within walking distance and a sports restaurant nearby too that had good food. It's right next door to the ballpark. Sue

• Stayed: April 2006