“What they don't tell you”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nites on business. The location was perfect and the room looked really good. However, during that time my bed was made one time because I REQUESTED IT. I did get fresh towels every day but only one day did they take out my trash. Never did they clean floor, replace "paper" cups, the pool and spa were closed, the one and only luggage cart had a flat tire (however a very nice young lady helped my in with my stuff) The topper was on my last day, as I was packing I picked up a pillow and there was a roach in my bed!!!!! Did anyone really act like they cared??? Did they try to make amends??? Yes I did mention some of these things during the stay but didn't seem to matter. There are other nice hotels in Springfield. Try one of them.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear SusanT:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so sorry you experienced issues while you were here. I have spoken to my General Manager and Head of Housekeeping regarding this.

I am glad you got assistance with your bags. We do want to talk with you regarding these issues. If you could contact the hotel, that would be wonderful. I would love to resolve this with you.

Thank you again! Hope to talk to you soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown

Reviewed June 9, 2013

When we checked in for a four day conference we found out the pool and hot tub were out of service. It ended up being that way our entire stay even though several maintenance people led us to believe it was fixed on the second day. Pretty bad if you bring your family. Ordinary maintenance was being done inside and out over the weekend so it was very noisy. My guess is the reason the pool was closed is because they were changing out the plant beds. One room had no maid service the entire stay. Another one had a clogged toilet. When we called for maintenance. (The first time) they brought up a plunger 20 minutes later and handed it to my husband. He plunged the toilet and had to return it to the front desk. It stopped again and I found out several on our floor had the same problem. On the plus side the bed was comfortable and it was a clean room.

• Stayed: June 2013
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear 1020reb:

I am so sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your recent stay. I sincerely apologize about our pool and I understand your disappoinment.

I do hope you give us another try in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here one night and had a fast easy check in. Rooms were very nice and clean. Nice size bathroom and comfy king beds. Breakfast was great... Cereal, big warm cinnamon rolls, sausage patties, eggs and cheese, biscuits and gravy, and pastry times. The pool and outdoor area looked great but doesn't open until June 3rd! Check out was so fast and easy as well! Overall great trip to Springfield and stay at this hotel, located near the big city and main road!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, room 200 and it was lovely. On the corner with a great view of the po...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear KareyC:

Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a very nice time - front desk staff was very nice - welcomed us with a smile - lobby was very clean, breakfast was hot & the lady working the food bar was very friendly, and kept all the food areas tidy and full even with the large group of people that was staying there - beds were very comfortable and room was nice and large

Room Tip: There was nothing about this hotel that I didn't like - very clean - very quiet - very nice area
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear BeckyB:

I am so glad to hear that you had such a great time at our hotel! We hope on your next visit to Springfield that you come back and see us!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stay in hotels that are part of Priority Club Rewards. I stayed here on a trip back with my wife and kids on Memorial Day. Very well done, and a nice upper class Holiday Inn Express property. I wish all the Holiday Inn Express properties were to this standard. Well worth what I paid. Staff on top of their game, property to a high standard, close to many food or business needs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear TomS:

I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your recent visit at our hotel! We thank you for the kind words and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nice clean property in a great location to look around Springfield. Only in town for a day and a half to attend a meeting but we did catch a ball game that night. Very convenient to have that entertainment close by the hotel. Rooms clean and bright, breakfast was what you expect at other Holiday Inn's.

Staff was adequate, front desk was a little understaffed at time of check in but otherwise no issues. Lobby area comfortable for relaxing between outings.

I would stay here again with my family to catch a minor league game, like being able to walk over there quickly. Lights and crowd noise weren’t bad even with a room on that side.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear in for meeting and ball game:

Thank you so much for staying at our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

this was a good hotel to stay in for the weekend the only flaw we found was 1 of the 2 elevators was out of order and made for extended wait time due to the full house had some customer service issues but those were handled amazingly well. The hotel was clean and up to date and was in a really good location with hammonds field being right next door and a walgreens on the corner in case you forgot something

Room Tip: rooms are quieter on the north side
1  Thank dilbert1206
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate and value it.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize about the elevator. It has been repaired.

We hope to see you again soon!