Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown
GreenLeadersBronze level
Springfield, Missouri
“RB”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Second time I have stayed at this hotel. Staff is curitious and kelsey at the front desk was great. Rooms are clean and nice. On my second stay I needed to use the ethernet connection & it was not working. When I contacted the front desk they offered another room which I tried and they gave me a contact for tech support. The ethernet was of course also not working in my new room and when I tried the tech support # of course they were of site and of no help. Also in my first room the shades over the window was broken and would not stay closed.. My first stay at this hotel was fine and I may stay again but I can say my second stay was alittle frustrating.

1 Thank Randy B
Jennifer M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Springfield - Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear RandyB:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel! I am so glad to hear Kelsey provided you with great customer service.

I do apologize that our ethernet connection was done. I am sure that was frustrating. I do hope to see you again soon! Thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kansas City
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is in a good location near downtown Springfield. It is close to attractions such as the Cardinals AA baseball team and Missouri State University. There are several good restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel itself is fairly average. Customer service was very good and the rooms were adequate. My only complaint is that the fitness center was up to par with the rest of the hotel. It was small and there were not any free weights. The equipment that was in the fitness center included two ellipticals, a bike, and a treadmill (all fairly old and not in good shape).

1 Thank Kyle K
Dear KyleK:

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback.

Glad to hear our hotel location is convenient for you and that you were provided with good customer service.

We hope to see you again soon!
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My stay at this hotel was nothing less than excellent. The front desk lady, Kelcey, was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and well organized. This will definitely be my home away from home when I am in Springfield.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Daniel D
Dear DanielD:

I am so happy to hear that you had an excellent stay at our hotel! We appreciate all your kind words. I am glad Kelsey provided you with great service.

We hope to see you again soon!
Woodridge, Illinois
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is very convenient when I am in town for business as it is very close to my clients. It is clean and the food at breakfast is very good.
I had a very long day and was checked in at the front desk by Kelsey. She was smiling and very pleasant when checking me in which is nice after a long day of travel.

Room Tip: Very clean with good service
1 Thank Chuck H
Dear ChuckH:

We appreciate you staying with us recently. Glad to hear Kelsey gave you good service and your room was clean. We hope to see you again real soon!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good location next to university, town center and minor league baseball stadium. Kelsey was the clerk at the front desk when I checked in and was very attentative and on top of the details. The location is just a short walk from the downtown city center and there are a lot of resteraunt and bar locations just down the street. The dining area is best dining area I have ever seen at a Holiday Inn Express.

1 Thank Robert M
Dear RobertM:

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel!

I would agree, Kelsey is great and our dining room is beautiful!

Thank you for all your kind words. We hope to see you soon!
Hillsboro, Missouri
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past year because our daughter attends MSU which is just a couple of blocks away. This hotel is located across the street from the Springfield Cardinals stadium which is very convenient also. Very roomy, clean modern hotel rooms. The staff is very nice and accommodating. I had the pleasure of speaking w/Kelsey at the front desk when I checked in this time. We stayed in a suite this time, which was very nice, the only thing I would change with that room is that the sitting area with the couch is a far distance from the TV, and hard to see, maybe an additional TV would be nice. That night there must have been a Prom or something because there were parties, loud parties going on on the 4th floor, people in the hallways yelling, laughing, talking very loud. Around 1:30 I called down to the front desk to tell them what was happening on the 4th floor and the lady who answered was very nice and said she would check it out. It didn't stop and around 2:30 -2:45 when I it seemed that people were leaving the parties it started to quiet down. The breakfast bar the next morning, which is usually very nice, and plentiful, was sparse. We went down about 9:00 and the trash cans were overflowing, they were out of napkins, flatware, orange juice and there was very little food and no one to be found that was working the breakfast area. I went to the front desk and asked if anyone was working the breakfast area and she seemed surprised and said she would get someone there right away. She did as promised. Apparently someone had called in that morning and the girl that had to fill in for this person worked extremely hard to get everything refilled, this is the same girl who my daughter and I had spoken with the day before that was working who was very friendly and made sure we were enjoying our stay. The pancake maker was still not working and wasn't working 3 weeks prior when my husband stayed there when visiting our daughter for dad's weekend at MSU. When I went to the front desk to ask about the breakfast area, I mentioned to the girl that this was the first time since we stayed here that we were disappointed and I told her about our nights sleep and she said she had heard that it was a loud night and that I wasn't the only one that had complained and then she proceeded to tell me that she had discounted my nights stay, which the stay a little more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear jennigje123456:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your feedback!

I am so glad Kelsey checked you in and you enjoyed talking to her. I do apologize for the noise level and the breakfast. I have spoken to my General Manager regarding these issues.

We do hope you stay with us again when you are in Springfield. Thank you!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 10, 2013

These types of hotels are so similar from place to place that reviewing one seems like reviewing them all. The differences are in the details, and in the execution of a corporate consistency. This hotel has an Art Deco look, which is unusual, and the rooms have windows that open a bit, which was a welcome surprise. Check-in was extremely efficient--Kelsey at the front desk was helpful and engaging, personalizing the experience. I join every rewards program there is, and Kelsey thanked me for being a Priority Club member. Wifi access easy and free, room clean, beds comfortable. Breakfast offered those newfangled machine-made omelets with (fake) cheese, but the bagels were fresh and quite tasty. Pancake machine not working. Coffee good.

Room Tip: some 2d and 3rd floor roomx overlook Springfield baseball stadium.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear HolleyMartins:

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us! Kelsey does make check-in very personable and fun! We hope to see you again soon!