“Great place to lay my head!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed February 3, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room through a service at the last minute due to having snow at our home and the report of several traffic accidents. We booked for two adults and one child. The front desk said the room was for one queen bed and if we wanted an additional bed it would be an extra $25. They wouldn't budge, although it was Super Bowl night, no more than 3 cars in the lot and rooms available. I wasn't going to sleep on the floor and wasn't going to be gouged for an extra $25. We drove home in bad weather and luckily made it safely. We travel frequently and use reviews to make our decisions. I really feel the front desk person and her supervisor the desk manager have been improperly trained. Also to tell me that a franchised hotel would have different "rules" than the corporate hotels seemed inappropriate.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank JDBoes
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

I am sorry that the third party site that you booked your room at did not make it clear that you were booking and paying for a room with one queen bed. We do not have a lot of control over how they show our hotel on other sites; this is why it is always best to book directly with brand web site. Not only will you be able to see our entire availability but pricing for all room types. The room you booked is our least expensive room and is there to accommodate two guests. The price of our rooms gets higher as you add beds or bed size.

I am sorry if my Guest Service Agent did not explain it in the correct way.

Greg E. Walker

Reviewed February 1, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great place to stay at! I was recently relocated for work and needed a pit stop half way through my origin and destination. The staff was pleasant, the room was clean and the halls had a welcoming lavender smell unlike most stuffy hotels!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying and writing a review. I hope you will stay with us on your next trip.

Greg Walker

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Last week we left Chicago for our home in SOCAL, imagine our surprise when we woke up in our La Quinta room in Springfield South to see a blizzard! If I had to be snowed in in a hotel this was the place to be!

The room was clean and homey. There was an indoor pool and spa and the staff was friendly and helpful. So we hunkered down with the dogs for a two night stay!

The breakfast was great! Warm homemade biscuits and scrambled eggs among other choices.

The hotel is a bit off of I-40 but I read the reviews and ratings and wanted a nice clean friendly place to stay and that is what we got! The rooms are accessed from indoors and that was an added perk in the 0 degree temps!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Well, I wish I was in Southern CA right now. We have snow and ice again.

Thanks for taking time to write a review, I am sure this review will help others as other reviews helped you make the right choice to stay with us.

Come see us again when it’s warmer.

Greg Walker

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here while traveling with a large group for a basketball tournament. The hotel is nice. The rooms are very clean and beds are comfy. The bathrooms are not very private as they have a pocket door and the sink is outside the space with the toilet and shower. The hotel is not too quiet. You can hear a lot through the walls and from the rooms above. Third floor might be the best option for a quiet stay. Room service begins very early. One morning they knocked on our door before 9am-- so using the do not disturb sign is helpful, bit it doesn't help with hearing the vacuum cleaner running. The breakfast has a very good selection though it is only served until 9. They have a small workout room that was clean and the equipment was in good condition. The pool was also very nice.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Dala S
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dala S, thanks for taking the time to let other travelers know about our property.

Many guest like having the sink outside the shower area so one person can be getting ready while the other is in the shower. It is also nice not to have to use an extra towel to get the mirror free of all that steam.

Our room attendants do begin working at 8:30am. This is to make sure we have rooms cleaned by our check in time. I am sorry if they knocked on your door this early, I can assure you that we do not typically knock on guest rooms that will be staying over that early. If you could contact me and let me know your name and what day this happened on I would like to get with that room attendant and make sure she understands not to do this. I would also agree that the top floor is always the quietest and when I travel I ask for the top floor for this reason.

I hope your team did well and that you enjoyed our hotel enough to return in the future.

Greg E. Walker