“Good Place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night only, but would stay again if in the area. The staff were very
helpful and the roooms were clean. It is also located near the Bass Pro shop. There are also restaurants near by.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Rich, thank you for taking your time to let others know about us. We are very close to Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World and many fine eateries.

Hope you can stay more than one night next trip.

Greg Walker

A TripAdvisor Member
Fulton, Missouri, USA
Reviewed November 21, 2013

An employee remembered me from a previous stay earlier in the year when my mother was in the hospital (and it happened to be my birthday as well)...she asked about my mother and remembered how stressed I was with the fact my mother was dying. She made me feel very welcome again. I am highly impressed with all the staff, the cleanliness, etc. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

I am so sorry for your loss. I am happy that one of my team members made your day a little brighter.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was just okay, somewhat below average. Fitness center is far below average. Fortunately there was a gym I belong to two minutes from the hotel. I had constant problems getting onto the Internet and had to use my cell phone for Internet access the entire week I was there. No trash bags in the waste baskets. I will go somewhere else if I return to Springfield.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

I have sent you a private message and hope to hear back from you.

Just to let others know, we did have some issues with our WiFi but the problem has been identified. We are also upgrading from 50mbs to 108mbs. Now that is fast.

Owner

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed in the hotel while running the Bass Pro Outdoor Fitness half marathon. It's the perfect place to stay since it is right down the street from Bass Pro. They have done some remodeling since my last stay in 2011. The hotel was nice before, but the upgrades have made it even better. The check in was very quick with a very friendly clerk, and the hotel lobby, elevator, and hallways are clean. The rooms aren't very big, but are enough for an overnight stay. They had new carpet, furniture, flat screen tvs, and new bedding. The beds are very comfortable. I usually don't sleep well in a hotel bed, but I slept like a baby in this one. The rooms are extremely clean, and I am a nut about having a clean hotel room. The only negative, was that we were given a room that had an adjoining room and it was a little noisy. We could hear everything in the next room, and they were pretty loud. Good thing we brought ear plugs. We didn't eat the breakfast since we had to be at the race before it opened, so I can't comment on this. Checkout went smoothly. I will always pick this hotel to stay in whenever I am in Springfield.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the kind words and sorry about the noise next door. Ear plugs, not a bad idea to travel with.

Make sure if you stay with us again for the marathon you let them know when you make the reservation. We are working on a package price that will get you a healthy snack in the morning and maybe a couple other unique items. This marathon has really grown.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This property is very well taken care of and the reception upon arrival was excellent. I appreciated all of the help offered by the front desk staff in explaining how to take advantage of everything the hotel has to offer. I travel weekly for business and have stayed in many different hotels by many different chains. It had been several years since I stayed with La Quinta but this stay has changed my perception of them and I will definitely be returning to this location in particular on my future travels to this area. The evening happy hour and breakfast were both good and I even took advantage of the "market" for some cold medicine which was very convenient.

Room Tip: Suites offer more room for a little extra and mine was located at the back of the hotel offering mor...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

For what ever reason you decided to try us I am happy you did. I am also so happy to hear you will be returning. Many people think of La Quinta’s for family travel but we are ready for the business person. We have fast wifi, great hot breakfast, 37” HD televisions and we do offer a nice happy hour in our lobby starting at 5pm Monday thru Friday.

The new business hotel in Springfield, try us, you will like and might even save a little money.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Springfield La Quinta was really a nice place to stay. My 8 year-old grandson enjoyed the pool. The room was bright and pleasant and had great beds. My daughter and her 6 week old baby got plenty of sleep. the place was quiet. The breakfast was good and had plenty of choices. The location was great for getting to shopping areas like Bass Pro and Battlefield Mall. We also went to the Fall Festival at the Rutledge-Wilson Farm and it was just a short drive from the hotel, too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank minnie7651

Minnie 7651, thanks for letting all know that we are so close to some great activities here in Springfield. We are located in south Springfield and along with the shopping we have great eateries in our area also.

Now that it is cold, come back and swim in our warm pool and your kids will like the pool toys we keep on hand.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a great experience at this property and felt that the staff went above and beyond to be helpful and accommodating including pre-blocking rooms for our group and doing our laundry FOR us when the guest laundry was out of order! The property was clean, attractive and well kept. All of the staff were super friendly and helpful. Our stay far exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Kathy N, thanks for taking time to let everyone know about our hotel and service. Sorry that our guest laundry was not working but happy that my team took care of the problem. I would also like to let you know that the washer was fixed.

Hope to see you during your next team visit to Springfield.