“Great staff, easy check in and out”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great staff, easy check in and out”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I enjoyed my stay with La Quinta. The hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful. They let me keep something in the fridge that I'd purchased earlier that day. I couldn't check into the room yet, so they were very accommodating in letting me use their fridge. The breakfast was adequate -- eggs, sausage, fruit, waffles, drinks. I'm gluten free and I was able to do just fine.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Chris B, thank you for staying with us and leaving a review for others to see. Just to clarify we do have refrigerators and microwaves in every room.

Greg Walker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
House Springs, Missouri, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My daughter is a student in Springfield, her senior year, but this is my first stay at this hotel. It was perfect for me. I am a full time wheelchair user and often struggle with hotel rooms. This room was clean, and accessible. Roll in shower with a sturdy bench, turn around room in the bathroom and a toilet seat that was sturdy. (I often find loose, cheap seats in hotels that requre repair for me to transfer onto.) The only things that I found a little less accessible was that the bed was very close to the wall on my side of the bed and the bed was just a little high (26" from the floor was a tough transfer without my wheelchair cushion in my seat), also the hair dryer was a little high on the wall but manageable. The staff was friendly and helpful, allowing me a late check out of 1 pm. Breakfast was typical, but fresh and sufficient. The hotel was quiet and the bed was comfortable. Made my stay (I was traveling alone) very easy. Thanks La Quinta!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
She is a senior and you just found out about us, darn it. We are very close to MSU for all parents. Hope you will come visit her often this year.

Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
Reviewed August 2, 2013

WATCH out for the $1.50 daily charge for a safe you will probably not use. As a frequent stayer it meets my expectations of La Quinta. It is a clean facility, and the staff is friendly.

The owner/GM needs to learn a little discretion when replying to gusts comments, and rating on surveys. The only thing I rated below average was the rate. I received a letter from the owner/GM that said "It does appear that you got a great rate.".

A final bill of eighty eight dollars for one night is not a "great rate" for someone retired with an income of sixty dollars a day on social security. My overall rating would have been higher before receiving the email comment from the GM/owner

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family stayed here for the last night of our trip and wished we could have stayed longer! The staff was so accommodating and kind! The room was modern and super clean as was the pool area. There were toys for the kids at the pool and they loved the free popcorn at happy hour :) The ladies working could not have been nicer and the breakfast was sooo good! Everything was fresh and delicious! Thank you La Quinta for the great memories...see you next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

WOW! What a wonderful review and thanks so much for taking the time to let us and everyone know about your great stay. My team and I are looking forward to seeing you next year as a matter of fact, why wait a year.

Owner
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Safe, comfortable and clean hotel in a convenient location. Plenty of parking in a well lit area. Staff is very helpful and friendly, providing a welcoming stay. Breakfast staff kept food and drinks well supplied and at the proper temperature. Overall wonderful hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Location, Friendly, Clean; that says it all. Thanks for taking the time to let others know that my not have stayed here.

Osage Beach, Missouri, Usa
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Cannot say enough about this hotel, it was by far the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. The staff were the best! The rooms were clean, the food was great and they even had Happy Hour. We were very pleased with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Springfield MO.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
With guest like this we will not have to spend any money on advertising. I think we have the best team in Springfield and our guests are just the best.

Keep them coming.