All reviewsbassroom was cleangreat place to staysmall dogstaff was friendlywafflesgreat breakfastbreakfast barhot tubbiscuits and gravynice staydefinitely stay here againstayed one nightindoor pooldesk clerkfree breakfastcampbell
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff are very helpfull, the room was clean and in order, and the breakfast as allways was great. I would stay there again if the need arose. I think wat I like the most is I allways get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

I think this is the best part of my job, responding to guest that go out of the way to say something nice. So many times people don’t take the time to say something nice, but when you make a mistake, watch out.

Thank you for leaving a review, this site is a great source for guest that have never stayed before.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stay at this hotel every time we come to Springfield. The staff is pleasant, the service is phenominal, and the pool is just the right temperature. The location is great, too. They are right next to an all-you-can-eat family buffet (with a cute little wooden walkway between the two buildings), and they are pretty much smack dab in the middle of Spingfield. The last time we visited, they were packed with high school kids (basketball tournament). Even then the service was great. They stayed on top of the continental breakfast to make sure nothing ran out, and they even opened up a conference room so that everyone had a place to sit for breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, no matter what the reason for your travels!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kristin N., I am going to hire you as our new marketing professional. Seriously, thanks for taking the time to let others know about the La Quitna Inn South Springfield and the great service we provide. We truly try to provide a unique stay for everyone of our guest.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta so that we could attend my daughters recital at the college. They were great about letting us have an early check in so that we could change before we went to the recital. We did not return until after ten oclock that evening, so all we really did was sleep and then checked out at 7:30 the next morning. The room was large and clean. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The only problem with the room was the bathroom. The nicest design feature was the circular shower rod. What I didnt like was the bathroom door was a pocket door. The problems with this are that it was extremely noisy and that it didn't close all the way. That makes it hard for people to sleep when other members need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, not only from the noise but also the light being reflected from the mirror opposite the bathroom door. The other design feature lacking in the bathroom was no hooks to hang clothes on while showering. The only places to put garments were the towel rack, the toilet or the floor (which was extremely sticky from the cleaner they had used) I'm not sure if I would return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Ms. Ellen, first of all thank you for staying with us. Your entire review is pretty good until the very end when you state you may not stay with us again. We are unable to change the design of the bathroom but we are installing robe hooks in all baths next month. We are also looking at putting some type of trim molding on the pocket door to help with noise and light reflection.

I hope the recital went well. I remember speaking with you and I am sure you were very proud of your daughter.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I stay here all the time. We travel a lot and Springfield is a meeting place for us. This La Quinta is always friendly and is very patient with my two young kids. No hard looks or rolling eyes when they run around and want to push the elevator button themselves. My ONLY qualms are that the pool is almost always frigid which would not be a big deal if I didn't have kids. Also, my husband does not like the slow Internet. Every time we are staying the night, he says, "They have slow Internet." Not a big deal for me, but he works via the Internet so it is a big deal to him. I recommend them in the end because of their location, their clean rooms, and their super friendly staff!

Stayed: December 2012
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I would like to let you know that we have just upgraded our internet and fixed some wireless access points. Also, please tell your husband that we have hard wired access also which many times can be much more stable.

I am happy to hear that the pool and internet issues have not prevented you from coming back and seeing us. I sure hope you will continue your stays with us and that the two problems have been corrected.

Greg Walker

Reviewed March 27, 2013

From start to finish, this is the BEST La Quinta that I have ever stayed at. Stephanie, at the front desk, treated me as though I was royalty. I have never had this kind of service. My room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. I wish that all Hotels were this nice.

Room Tip: Definately stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Kathy L, thank you so much for noticing our team and especially Stephanie. I am always impressed with our guests that go out of the way to say something nice. Most people will notice a mistake.

Thanks again and we welcome you back anytime.

Greg Walker