All reviewsbassroom was cleangreat place to staysmall dogstaff was friendlywafflesgreat breakfastbreakfast barhot tubbiscuits and gravynice staydefinitely stay here againstayed one nightindoor pooldesk clerkfree breakfastcampbell
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta so that we could attend my daughters recital at the college. They were great about letting us have an early check in so that we could change before we went to the recital. We did not return until after ten oclock that evening, so all we really did was sleep and then checked out at 7:30 the next morning. The room was large and clean. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The only problem with the room was the bathroom. The nicest design feature was the circular shower rod. What I didnt like was the bathroom door was a pocket door. The problems with this are that it was extremely noisy and that it didn't close all the way. That makes it hard for people to sleep when other members need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, not only from the noise but also the light being reflected from the mirror opposite the bathroom door. The other design feature lacking in the bathroom was no hooks to hang clothes on while showering. The only places to put garments were the towel rack, the toilet or the floor (which was extremely sticky from the cleaner they had used) I'm not sure if I would return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Ms. Ellen, first of all thank you for staying with us. Your entire review is pretty good until the very end when you state you may not stay with us again. We are unable to change the design of the bathroom but we are installing robe hooks in all baths next month. We are also looking at putting some type of trim molding on the pocket door to help with noise and light reflection.

I hope the recital went well. I remember speaking with you and I am sure you were very proud of your daughter.

Greg E. Walker

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My family and I stay here all the time. We travel a lot and Springfield is a meeting place for us. This La Quinta is always friendly and is very patient with my two young kids. No hard looks or rolling eyes when they run around and want to push the elevator button themselves. My ONLY qualms are that the pool is almost always frigid which would not be a big deal if I didn't have kids. Also, my husband does not like the slow Internet. Every time we are staying the night, he says, "They have slow Internet." Not a big deal for me, but he works via the Internet so it is a big deal to him. I recommend them in the end because of their location, their clean rooms, and their super friendly staff!

Stayed: December 2012
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I would like to let you know that we have just upgraded our internet and fixed some wireless access points. Also, please tell your husband that we have hard wired access also which many times can be much more stable.

I am happy to hear that the pool and internet issues have not prevented you from coming back and seeing us. I sure hope you will continue your stays with us and that the two problems have been corrected.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

From start to finish, this is the BEST La Quinta that I have ever stayed at. Stephanie, at the front desk, treated me as though I was royalty. I have never had this kind of service. My room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. I wish that all Hotels were this nice.

Room Tip: Definately stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Kathy L, thank you so much for noticing our team and especially Stephanie. I am always impressed with our guests that go out of the way to say something nice. Most people will notice a mistake.

Thanks again and we welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Close to perfect but no cigar: poor internet spoils a good thing

We stay here at this La Quinta quite often and it is nearly perfect for a centrally located hotel in Springfield. However, if you require fast internet for work or for play... you had best look elsewhere.

The good:
+nice location
+decent pool and hot tub, with plenty of toys in the pool room so kids are entertained (but the pool can be a bit cold)
+generally good staff
+recently remodeled
+near the Springfield greenway path (so good for walking/biking)

The okay:
=breakfast is decent

The Bad:
-SLOW internet

Specifically, this location arbitrarily limits your internet speeds. Regardless of time of day or number of guests at the hotel, they ALWAYS slow speeds for everyone connected.

Furthermore, if they detect any 'P2P' software (torrents etc.) they immediately block your connection (and you cannot reconnect). This is an absurd policy as P2P software has a variety of valid uses, i.e. it is not just for illegal file sharing.

I wanted to highlight these issues because many people need good internet for their work, and likewise many families today use NetFlix or Amazon streaming video for internet. None of those uses work well at this La Quinta :-( Heck even facebook is a stretch for their internet setup :-(

CONCLUSION:
Great if you do not care about internet access, otherwise if you need a reliable high-speed connection then there are some better matches in Springfield.

Room Tip: Look for a room on the West side, otherwise you may hear considerable traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cynthia R
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thanks for your detailed review. It is true that we block P2P, this was a learning curve for me but please understand it is blocked for the good of everyone on our network. Feel free to read http://www.afact.org.au/assets/research/AFACT_p2pfactsheet_RGB_2.pdf

I will get with our IT team to determine if adjusting our settings would be beneficial to all our customers or just a few. Now that we have a higher download speed, I am sure we will allow each guest more speed. The reason to limit each guest, is that we could have one or two people start a very large download of a movie lets say and it would limit other user. This would be a first come first serve basis. We felt like it would be better to allow each guest a specified speed.

I would also like to let you and others know that today, we have a new internet provider with 20mbps download and 2mbps upload speeds. So if you are just concerned about speed we hope to have the new system tested and up and running today. If this new system works, we will be upgrading to 40mbps and 3mbps.

I sure hope you will consider using us in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The hotel is close to some of the major attractions in Springfield and Mercy Hospital. The facility was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly, helpful and prompt with service. I have already recommended the hotel to several friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words. Most importantly, thank you for referring us to others. We have so many great guests that do this and it is very much appreciated. I look forward to having you with us again.

Greg E. Walker