“Positive Reviews are All True”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Maybe hard to believe but all the really positive reviews about this place are right on. I've come to rely on Tripadvisor and La Quinta South deserves its rave reviews. They seem to take everything just a notch higher, from the comforter on the bed to the really outstanding breakfast. It is quiet, convenient, friendly, warm pool, and very reasonably priced. I can see no reason to go anywhere else. Only request fro the manager: softer towels.............pretty minor but given their attention to details, I expect he/she will consider my request.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Adam08, TripAdvisor is a great tool for travelers that are not familiar with the area they are traveling.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, I know that many people will find this beneficial I will definitely look into the towel situation. It is probably about time to turn them over or look at our softener and make sure it is all working correctly.

Thanks and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South

Reviewed November 2, 2012

It's difficult to find nice hotels that allow pets and most that do, smell like kennels. This was a pleasant surprise to find a clean, fresh smelling room with all the amenities. They also have a large lot next door with pet pickup bags for waste disposal. There is NO extra charge for your pet family.

The breakfast staff were very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast itself was mediocre but an pretty good variety.

The price was right but the walls were quite thin. My only complaint was the noise.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room at the end of the hall away from vending machines and elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time to let others know about your stay. La Quintas are all pet friendly and we have a rigorous cleaning process for all of our rooms which keeps our rooms fresh.

Sorry about the noise issue, we do have a quiet time in our hotel and ask guest to turn everything down at 10:00 pm.

I am glad that you stated that you “would definitely stay here again”. That says a lot. Hope to see you again soon.

A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This a great hotel, reasonable rates, good location near Bass Pro. Beds are comfortable and good sized rooms. The staff was incredibly helpful with directions to restaurants and attractions. We didn't take advantage of their free breakfast due to other plans but it smelled awesome! We did take advantage of the pool which was a little chilly for an indoor pool but we enjoyed it and the hot tub. We even had a microwave and fridge in our room. Will return.

1  Thank prospectnewsgirl

I am glad that you got a good price for your room, you must have booked early, not everyone says that we have a great price. 

This is the fourth response today that has mentioned our “incredible” staff. My team is great. They try hard to make sure all of our guest are settled in. They sure make my job easy and rewarding.

We will be Here For You on your next stay.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay. Very reasonable rates, breakfast is good, room clean and kept up. They even have 2 computers for guest use in the lobby, for free. They are in the middle of a remodel but in no way inconvenience the guests. Beds are comfortable and rooms good sized. I will stay again when I return to Springfield. Staff is very responsive to questions or requests.
Walls are a little thin, but similar to mosts hotels I've been in. Don't hear the neighbors much unless they're loud.
It was very helpful to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

2  Thank Lori_V_12_12
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to let others know about our great hotel here in Springfield, MO. We will be completing the remodel in the next week or two but what is left will not impact the guest. As you noted, our team is very friendly and helpful, this really sets us apart.

I see that you noticed a few of our amenities but hope you did not pass up the Happy Hour down in our lobby, we host this Monday thru Friday from 5pm to 8pm. On Mondays there are drink specials and snacks for Monday Night Football.

Come stay with us again real soon.

Greg E. Walker

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We traveled to Springfield for Parent's weekend at MSU. I booked a room online and didn't check email for confirmation until the day before we left. My mistake! I had inadvertantly booked for the wrong day!! I called La Quinta and talked to a wonderful person who apologetically told me that she could not do anything to help with that situation, but she did find my family and me a room for the night we needed. (They were pretty crowded, so I was thankful to get a room!) She promised to put a note in for the manager on Monday and I told her I would call on Monday as well.

Our stay was wonderful! The room was nicely maintained with a refrigerator and a microwave. We stayed in a room with two queen beds. I discovered that they do allow pets, so on our next visit we will bring our daughter's small dog, whom she misses while she is at college. Both my husband and I have bad backs and neither of us had trouble with the mattress on the bed. The free breakfast the next morning was decent. Being allergic to wheat, I was happy to see that they did offer scrambled eggs. My kids were happy to see waffles. The food quality was "ok" which is why I gave the review a 4 instead of a 5. Since they do not have a full kitchen like places such as University Plaza, the food was as good as one can probably get it. The food was definitely edible and tasty. Check-in and check-out was fast and easy, and all staff personnel were polite, respectful, and very friendly.

On Monday, I did not get around to calling the manager but when I checked my email after work I found that Mr. Walker had sent me an email that morning. He let me know he was informed of the mix-up and offered a solution for the no-show charge that was acceptable to both of us. With our budget, I am so thankful to do business with a company who understands mistakes happen and will do what is reasonably possible to help out.

Because of the wonderful treatment before our stay, during our stay, and after we left, my family and I will definitely return to La Quinta Inn Springfield South!! I recommend that you try it out as well! (As a side note: I am a very picky person when it comes to hotels and resorts. When we travel we usually stay in 4 or 5 star hotels when we can. When I saw where La Quinta was located I was skeptical, but now I am so glad that we stayed. It is definitely on my list as a quality place to stay.)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

First of all thank you for taking time to tell others about your stay and great treatment here in Springfield. Even though we are a 3 diamond hotel, we sure try to act and treat our guest like a 5 diamond.

I think you have covered everything about our hotel and I want you and all future guest to know that the team at La Quinta Inn South will make every guest feel assured and settled in. It is our promise to have you wake up on the bright side.

See you again real soon on your travels to Springfield to see your daughter.