“Great place to stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay. Very reasonable rates, breakfast is good, room clean and kept up. They even have 2 computers for guest use in the lobby, for free. They are in the middle of a remodel but in no way inconvenience the guests. Beds are comfortable and rooms good sized. I will stay again when I return to Springfield. Staff is very responsive to questions or requests.
Walls are a little thin, but similar to mosts hotels I've been in. Don't hear the neighbors much unless they're loud.
It was very helpful to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lori_V_12_12
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to let others know about our great hotel here in Springfield, MO. We will be completing the remodel in the next week or two but what is left will not impact the guest. As you noted, our team is very friendly and helpful, this really sets us apart.

I see that you noticed a few of our amenities but hope you did not pass up the Happy Hour down in our lobby, we host this Monday thru Friday from 5pm to 8pm. On Mondays there are drink specials and snacks for Monday Night Football.

Come stay with us again real soon.

Greg E. Walker

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We traveled to Springfield for Parent's weekend at MSU. I booked a room online and didn't check email for confirmation until the day before we left. My mistake! I had inadvertantly booked for the wrong day!! I called La Quinta and talked to a wonderful person who apologetically told me that she could not do anything to help with that situation, but she did find my family and me a room for the night we needed. (They were pretty crowded, so I was thankful to get a room!) She promised to put a note in for the manager on Monday and I told her I would call on Monday as well.

Our stay was wonderful! The room was nicely maintained with a refrigerator and a microwave. We stayed in a room with two queen beds. I discovered that they do allow pets, so on our next visit we will bring our daughter's small dog, whom she misses while she is at college. Both my husband and I have bad backs and neither of us had trouble with the mattress on the bed. The free breakfast the next morning was decent. Being allergic to wheat, I was happy to see that they did offer scrambled eggs. My kids were happy to see waffles. The food quality was "ok" which is why I gave the review a 4 instead of a 5. Since they do not have a full kitchen like places such as University Plaza, the food was as good as one can probably get it. The food was definitely edible and tasty. Check-in and check-out was fast and easy, and all staff personnel were polite, respectful, and very friendly.

On Monday, I did not get around to calling the manager but when I checked my email after work I found that Mr. Walker had sent me an email that morning. He let me know he was informed of the mix-up and offered a solution for the no-show charge that was acceptable to both of us. With our budget, I am so thankful to do business with a company who understands mistakes happen and will do what is reasonably possible to help out.

Because of the wonderful treatment before our stay, during our stay, and after we left, my family and I will definitely return to La Quinta Inn Springfield South!! I recommend that you try it out as well! (As a side note: I am a very picky person when it comes to hotels and resorts. When we travel we usually stay in 4 or 5 star hotels when we can. When I saw where La Quinta was located I was skeptical, but now I am so glad that we stayed. It is definitely on my list as a quality place to stay.)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

First of all thank you for taking time to tell others about your stay and great treatment here in Springfield. Even though we are a 3 diamond hotel, we sure try to act and treat our guest like a 5 diamond.

I think you have covered everything about our hotel and I want you and all future guest to know that the team at La Quinta Inn South will make every guest feel assured and settled in. It is our promise to have you wake up on the bright side.

See you again real soon on your travels to Springfield to see your daughter.

A La Quinta traveler
Fenton, Missouri, USA
Reviewed September 25, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

A La Quinta traveler
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, USA
Reviewed September 15, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is close to Battlefield mall, Bass Pro Shop and several additional strip malls. Nicely remodeled older hotel. Fridge, safe & microwave in room. For the money, good choice in Springfield. Try The Grotto for lunch and Ocean Zen for Dinner-both great choices,

• Stayed: September 2012
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thanks for the response. We will be finishing our property refresh next week.

You are correct about your restaurant choices, both are very good. There is also a number of other fine eateries close by.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel had clean rooms and the beds were very comfortable. There was a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, and in room safe. Breakfast was adequate and they also had an evening "happy hour" with $4.00 drinks and appetizers. The hotel was a good value and in a good area of town. The lobby was being remodeled but it was not a problem. The carpets looked well worn but that was the only possible negative aspect about the place. The desk staff were nice. We would choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: There was not a problem with particular areas in the hotel so most any room should be fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rscoapy

We are in the final stages of a property refresh. Hope to be complete in one week. No noise, just finishing up some tile and the 150 gallon fish tank.

I am glad that you enjoyed our happy hour, we have this Monday – Friday.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had a wonderful business stay at the La Quinta South, Springfield, MO. Every aspect from check-in to check-out was extremely easy and professional. Hotel property is in great condition and staff extremely helpful to all the extras that make for a great stay! I strongly recommend the La Quinta South to all visiting Sprongfield, MO.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor---it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cbstlouis10

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. My team works hard to provide a great guest experience every time. Hope to see you again real soon.