“Noise..... Seriously!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
“Noise..... Seriously!”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Nice enough hotel.... But we get a phone call at 10:30pm telling us to keep the noise down. Seriously!!
TV is off no sounds besides my wife and myself talking. We are almost 50 years old . We're almost asleep. Front desk is arguing about this, give me a break.
Take your business elsewhere

• Stayed February 2012
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
I am sorry if the hotel associate disturbed you with out doing the due diligence to determine where the noise was coming from. Our hotel does have a quite time policy that we adhere to for the needs of all our guests. I sure would hope that this one issue would not keep you from staying with us in the future.

Greg Walker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I go to Springfield twice a month for business and always stay here. From the very first day I stayed the staff has been wonderfull and have gone above and beyond to make my stay pleasant. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast gives you plenty of options. In the summer, when my kids are out of school, I bring them along so they can enjoy the indoor pool with my husband. 100 percent satisfaction!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
WOW! That about sums up how I feel about your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know about our great hotel. The staff and myself truly appreciates each and every guest.

Jackson, GA
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The La Quinta Hotel is a must-stay when you're visiting Springfield, MO. If there is such a thing as a “sleeper” in hotel vernacular, this is it. Under the hood of this “automobile”, is an elegant, extremely well cared for property that you'll appreciate as soon as you enter the lobby – provided you can get past the odd automatic doors that seem just a tad too small.

The clerks at the counter are sharp college students who elevate well above the dullard level and venture into ... egads ... intelligence. This means you can expect surprisingly good service and attention from bright young men and ladies as soon as venture in. They quickly get you set up in your room and direct you towards the many hotel amenities.

The rooms are spacious, well appointed, and well maintained. In fact, I thought the property was brand new, and was later informed that the hotel was constructed in 2000. But you would never know it was a 12 year old hotel unless someone told you. My room was easily on a level with Holiday Inn, and other 3-4 star hotels.

The La Quinta Springfield, MO, has a special “Happy Hour” on week nights which enables travellers to unwind upon check-in. As I partook in the “unwind process”, I was surprised to find myself sharing a table with the hotel owner. It was obvious he has a strong interest in creating the very best lodging experience possible for travellers, and also a passion to learn who stayed in his hotel and why.

I stay in a wide variety of different hotel/motels during my travels as an equipment salesman. The La Quinta in Springfield, MO was clearly a superior lodging experience and because this property still looks brand new after 12 years, you can stay there with a high level of mental comfort, knowing the owner truly cares about you – the traveller. You see less and less of this in other hotel/motels. La Quinta Springfield, MO is a refreshing change from the ordinary.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Worthington, Indiana
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. They offered free snacks & drinks in the evening. Our room was very nice. Went to Bass Pro in the evening which is right down the street a few blocks. Nice and quiet.

Room Tip: Maybe to the back of the motel on the south side, away from the restaurant on the north side.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
lq0840gm, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Jaf1944, thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know about your stay here in Springfield. We are always looking at ways to make our guest feel more comfortable at the hotel. The happy hour is just one more.

Denison, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The motto of this unit must be"We're not Happy til You're Happy"' We lived in Springfield for several years and when we come back to see our friends and relattives, we always stay at this hotel. We tried others, but only this hotel provides the service and proffessionalism that we want. We stayed there this past weekend, December 10 and 11 and were completely satisfied. We will continue to stay at this hotel when we are in town.

Room Tip: Be sure to inform the staff of any special needs you may have.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Carl W, it is great to see guest come back to our hotel. Then to have these great guests tell everyone else about our great La Quinta Inn. Next time you stay you will see a lot of changes and just to name one of them, all new 37” televisions.

Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at La Quinta South in Springfield because they had a fitness center and a low price. We found a comfortable room with all the amenities (hair dryer, coffee maker, free internet, etc.) and a surprisingly good breakfast buffet. We enjoyed it enough, we stayed again on our way back, and we'll definitely stop here the next time we make this trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Update, Update, Update, that’s what we are doing and it is showing. New 37” flat screens, new carpeting and much more. Thank you so much for your kind words about the La Quinta Inn South in Springfield. I hope price was not the only reason you stayed, hopefully it was the value. We do run specials from time to time for better value.