“It's said Einstein was not that good at basic math!”

Einstein Bros Bagels
Ranked #20 of 22 Bakeries in Springfield
Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you are traveling on Hiway 60 and you're looking for food you could go here. My advice, for a short drive further you can get more for your money.
The good. Hey, guess what, the bagels at a bagel place taste good. When you spend $7.00 or more for a bread product and some luncheon meat you expect more than three thin slices of turkey breast. Over all, the taste was pretty good. The bagel included a "schemer" of cream cheese, a thin slice of tomato and two thin-thin slices of cucumber. Like I said the taste was pretty good. If the bagel had had a nice pile of sliced turkey breast I would not quite feel so much like, "They saw me coming."
Beyond the food itself, we were the second and third customers in the place. The first had been served and was at his table. Yet, the wait staff seemed not to be too concerned about taking our order. Maybe they were just giving us the opportunity to read their menu board. We, my wife and I, both ordered the smoke turkey breast bagel and a serving of potato salad, and a drink. The bagel was served in a pretty prompt manner. We waited thinking they would come back with the potato salad but we had to locate the person who served us to remind them "oh, hey, we also ordered potato salad to go with the bagels." Shortly the potato salad was delivered.

Bottom line, the place had a skimpy portion of food that tasted pretty good and charged more than what you'd pay for any hamburger at McDonalds. Service didn't convince me they were in the customer service business. There are enough places nearby that have better food, better service for about the same price. And, if you wanted to save a buck or two, you could go to any hamburger joint in the area and get a better deal.

1  Thank Richard M