“stop over”

Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The beds are very comfortable, not too soft/too hard..rooms may be small but funtional... only downside was door to bathroom hit the toilet, so yo had to squeeze in (if you are a big person this could be a problem)...rooms were clean

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathleen M
Best Western Pl... S, Manager at Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Kathleen,
Thank you for your response of our hotel it is greatly appreciated.We do understand that some some things in our hotel are not perfect, and believe me these are things we are talking about constantly in order to improve our guest satisfaction.
So your comments do not fall on deaf ears. We are glad that your stay was comfortable for you and if there is anything we can do for you in the future do not hesitate to let us know.
Kathleen we thank you for your business and hope to be able to serve you again, thank you and have a great day...and enjoy the rest of your summer jason front desk manager

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We placed a reservation more than a month early for two adults and two children. We specified two queen beds non smoking. Our first indication that they were asleep at the wheel was only enough towels for two. The shower was filled with mold, and the door to the bathroom only opened about a third and then hit the commode. When I went to the front desk, the attendant told me the door was designed that way. I complained vehemently. There was a line of people with complaints including one who was given an occupied room. Finally he agreed to give us a different room, Which was adequate. In the morning when I was checking out, I was told that the first room given was supposed to be out of service. I had also asked the desk person for a family styled restaurant in the area, and found that it was a place that was closed. Would not recommend this place to anyone. We received an email inquiry of our stay and panned it. Received an invitation to speak to a manager. I called, he was out and I left my cell number for a call back. I am still waiting for the call. Integrity - none. Surprise this a Best Western Plus facility. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Try another location
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AlanTucson
Best Western Pl... S, Manager at Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Yes my name is Jason and I am the front desk manager. I am so sorry for the situation that you encountered during your stay. It is our job to provide excellent customer service and somehow the ball was dropped on this one.
As you can see from the other trip advisor responses this is not the way we operate as a hotel and just want to say we are sorry. You are correct this room was out of order for the exact reasons that were stated above and the checkin to this room was just a lack of putting it out of order. I believe I was the one you spoke to about a family restaurant and I sent you to cedars I believe, if this was not you I apologize...but cedars is usually open everyday from 5am to 9pm if they were not open -I would not have a reason why as I myself eat there occasionally.
We are glad that we were able to rectify being able to move you to another room but apologize profusely for the room you were checked into.
We hope that in the future that you will consider staying with us again, as your business is very important to each and every one of us. I never did receive a note letting me know to contact anyone over this so I really would appreciate you giving me a call again at 417-799-2200 or by email at bestwesternplus417@gmail.com. I am here everyday Saturday through Wednesday 7am to 3pm. I will be more than glad to rectify the situation to make you happy.
I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you and have a great day. Jason front desk manager!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The person at the desk reassured me that simply lowering the temp on the A/C was how it worked, but it took ALL night to cool the room 5 degrees and it was still too warm. Plus, the information that I was not going to park my car at the hotel during my trip and was not going to use a cab/shuttle to the airport was not shared with the next shift so I was awakened after midnight by a phone call to clarify. Arrgghh!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Leslie F

To whom it may concern,
My name is Jason and I am the front desk manager for the best western plus in springfield, mo! I would just like to send out an apology for the ac unit not working properly. During summer operations window units like that take a lot of usage and have to cleaned out from time to time from outside debris, so I do apologize.
On the late at night phone call as well I apologize about any inconvenience that this may have provided. Our job at the desk is to provide grade a customer service and we dropped the ball on that. I hope that you will stay with us again as we hope beyond these couple of things that the rest of your stay was pleasant and comfortable. If you need anything from me whatsoever do not hesitate to contact me at 417-799-2200 or by email at bestwesternplus417@gmail.com. We very much appreciate your business and really do hope to serve you in the future! Thank you and have a very great day! Jason

Reviewed July 24, 2013

hotel was very quiet and clean, I have stayed here several times and have been satisfied every time. Price fits service, breakfast is so-so, but will suffice. Front desk help is always helpful. You may question location next to a run down motel, but no worries

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eddie H
Best Western Pl... S, Manager at Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you for your response of our hotel. As a hotel our priority is always to provide a clean comfortable room. And we are so glad that you have chosen our hotel on numerous occassions. If there is anything we can do for you in the future do not hesitate to let us us know. We appreciate your business and want you to return for years to come. Thank you and have a great day! Jason front desk manager

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Employees I encountered at the desk were very friendly and helpful. Cleanliness of my room was very good. Outside of the hotel was clean. Inside was very clean and tidy. Would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ks00143434

We thank you so much for your response of our hotel. We are exceptionally glad you encountered great hotel service, as that is what we strive for with each and every guest we encounter. We hope that we will have the honor of being able to serve you again, and if there is anything we can can do for you in the future do not hesitate to let us know at anytime! Jason front desk manager

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Had room on first floor, it was not full but it seemed all the people were booked right around us which worried me at first because there seemed to be a lot of muffled tv sounds and door slamming however after 10pm it was very quiet. The bathroom was extremely small. The shower was good. The mattresses , pillows and bed linens were extremely comfortable and modern and new. The ac did not have a fan that stays on all night but that wasn't a problem because it was quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bettina L

Thank you so much for for your response of our hotel for without these responses we would not be able to see where our needs as a hotel are so we thank you so much.
We pride ourselves very much on the cleanliness of our hotel and are exceptionally glad that your stay was great and comfortable.
We hope that we will get to serve you in the future and are glad you you chose our hotel here at the Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn! We appreciate your business and hope you have a great day and enjoy the rest of your summer. Jason front desk manager!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great location if you fly into the airport. Nice clean rooms. The next time I am in Springfield, this is where I will stay. Plenty of spaces to park. Easy access to I44 and highway 65 to Branson. Nice short drive to downtown Springfield.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

We would just like to take a moment and say thank you! Our guest are the reason why we do what we do. We are so glad your stay was a great one, and hope that you will stop by wherever you may be haeding and see us again. We thank you for your business and hope you have a great day and enjoy the rest of your summer!!!!! Jason Front Desk Manager