“Better for lunch, perhaps?”
Review of Cafe Cusco

Cafe Cusco
Ranked #8 of 718 Restaurants in Springfield
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in one of Springfield's oldest buildings on Historic C-Street. The beautiful ambiance and delicious healthy cuisine inspired from Peru and South America make Cafe Cusco a gem and favorite among locals. Relax in one of its covered carved wooden booths, sip a cup of hot yerba mate or a refreshing cocktail from the Summit Lounge on their out door patio. Gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian friendly with an exciting menu that appeals to all flavors from the exotic to the tame. Your diner adventure awaits! Discover Cafe Cusco! Wi-Fi/handicap/non-smoking/kid-friendly
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We are always happy to have new cuisine options in Springfield, and gave the instantly popular Cafe Cusco several weeks to work out the new restaurant kinks before trying it out. The decor is upscale, the menu impressive, but the service is neither. We had Friday night reservations and we were promptly seated with waters. It was a good 10 minutes before a server visited us, and the food and drink throughout the evening was very, VERY slow to arrive. Apps arrived late, just before the main course, and some never showed up at all. A bottle of wine was delivered and left at our table with the (thankfully) screw-top cap in place. Our poor waitress explained the kitchen was overwhelmed with food orders from the upstairs bar, and a lot of hungry diners watched tray after tray pass by on the way to the staircase. All these details might have been overlooked if the food was amazing. It wasn't. It's basically Peruvian street food, a little bland and heavy with fried potatoes. Street food doesn't exactly match the grand decor or the prices. Half our main dishes were overcooked. It might have been an off night, but after all the glowing recommendations, we were disappointed by too many things gone wrong. Maybe weeknights or lunch are a better option?

1  Thank JennySWMO

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had high hopes for this place because of all the great reviews on various sites, but in the end the food wasn't very great. We ordered several different dishes including the sweet potato noodles, the quinoa burger, the cebiche tacos, and some other things. If you go here, I'd recommend the quinoa burger as it was the best among the things we ordered although still being unexceptional. Dessert was of acceptable quality but quite expensive.

1  Thank susan b
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A local friend introduced myself and a co worker to this restaurant while we were in town for work. What a wonderful surprise in a town know mostly for cashew chicken and barbeque. First the hostess is the mother of the owner; the owner was behind the bar. Both greeted us as we were seated. They were very gracious. We ordered two appetizers suggested by the waitress. I ordered a special drink. It was delicious. The owner offers several special drinks; give them a try if you get a chance.
We each ordered a different dish so we could share. Portions were generous and all were excellent. Spices were mild and complimented each dish. Rice is served on the side if wanted.
The decor was beautiful. There is a lounge upstairs that will offer music but we didn't go upstairs. I hope this place succeeds and I get another chance to eat there.

1  Thank dese2
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I visited Peru this summer and was pleasantly surprised by how authentic the food is here. Great atmosphere in an old restored building on Commercial street. Can't wait to go back and try it again.

2  Thank Kristy B
Reviewed September 14, 2013

As soon as I walked in, I was in complete awe. The decor made me feel as if I were literally sitting in an up scale resturaunt in Cusco Peru! The food was completely fabulous, and the service was top of the line. I recomend this resturaunt to everyone and anyone who wants a fun, unique expirence.

1  Thank Calliebrooke