“A Reason To Stand In Line”
Review of Sub Shops

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sub Shops
Ranked #372 of 696 Restaurants in Springfield
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Awesome lil sub shop where you will wait in line to get your lunch and be glad you did! My favorite is the Veggie Sub (it has cashews)!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ethan that works at the Seminole location is great; he tries to learn everyone’s name and order. They are always so nice, fast and friendly. I also love that the tomatoes they use are always so fresh and always big red even during winter!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Want a fresh-made sandwich that always tastes great? Hit up the Sub Shop. They offer wheat and white bread - that's made right there in the store. Sandwiches come in hot or cold, so look over the menu first. I always get the Pizza sub on wheat - piled high with pepperoni. I'm sure the others are good, but this thing rocks! They sandwiches come in small (roughly 6 inches or so) and large (probably 10-12 inches). I say "probably" because the small is always plenty for me and I've never ordered a large. They have fresh cookies you can get with your sandwich, or there's a whole rack of chips to pick from. Just make sure you bring cash: that is *ALL* they take. Good stuff.... :)

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have no idea how anyone local has not tried Sub Shop!

Pre-review warning: It's cash only and only open M-F for lunch.

Anytime I have cash on me, the only place I go for lunch is Sub Shop. The bread is made fresh daily and I am convinced it has crack in it because it is so addictive.

I always go for the veggie sandwich. It has tomatos, mushrooms, bell peppers, olives, banana peppers and lettuce, topped with their house dressing... and then the kicker that makes this sandwich unique: cashews. Shut the front door. Cashews on a sub? Yes and yes.

Even meat eaters will love. I have also had the Fighter Pilot, also great... and anything on special.

The staff is so friendly and know my order when I walk in 'Veggie on white no tom' no 'shroom.'

One of my top five places in Springfield.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I eat at the one just off the corner of Glenstone and Seminole. Feel very at home here. The owner knows all his regulars and what they like. I like the Big Beef plus tomatoes.