“Best pizza in Springfield”
Review of The Big Slice

The Big Slice
Ranked #94 of 696 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I'm rarely disappointed with The Big Slice. I usually order a cheese or a spinach pizza. Their pizza has a nice chewy crust, and the cheese seems like it is better quality than the pizza delivery chains. The cinnamon bites (I forgot what exactly they're called) and the lasagna are great, too. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is the white pizza (I'm a garlic field, but it's even a little too garlic-y for me). They have dry seasonings (Italian and Ranch) that you can sprinkle on your pizza to really take it to the next level. We usually get the pizza to go, because the atmosphere leaves something to be desired (really, really hot with bright fluorescent lighting). They now offer delivery too though, which I've yet to take advantage of, but will be doing soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I moved to Missouri 8 years ago after living in New York City for 45 years. Pizza was almost a daily purchase. Moving to Missouri meant giving up real pizza until the Big Slice opened. This is as close as you can get to real pizza. Excellent crust, a sauce that doesn't dominate the pizza and real mozzarella cheese. You can buy by the slice or pie. Good selection of toppings but they really aren't needed. Very good value.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I'm always looking for something different that I can just grab for a weekday lunch and leave feeling like I got my money's worth. The Big Slice has lots of choices, and if you're in a hurry, you can just grab one or two slices. We chose to sit down and ordered three large varieties of pizza. That easily fed 6 of us and we enjoyed every bite.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'd read the terrific reviews of The Big Slice and so was excited to try it for lunch. I was sorely disappointed. For lunch slices they start with an already baked piece of cheese pizza, add cold toppings of your choice and stick it back in the oven for a couple of minutes. What comes out is cheese pizza with barely warmed slices of pepperoni or sausage (if you can call pre-sliced mystery meat sausage) and veggies that are still as hard and crunchy as if they were on your dinner salad. So if you crave a great New York style pizzeria with wonderful lunch slices, you'll have to travel outside Springfield to find it.

3  Thank Steve M
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had the opportunity to try Big Slice pizza recently and was very impressed. This is not your regular pizza. While the pizzas come in slice, big and monstrous, the taste is what brings you back. I have had four different types of pizza there (veggie, cheese, spinach, and pepperoni) and I can say that each one is great. What really put me over the top on The Big Slice, however, is the staff. They have a bunch of college aged kids doing everything in a very small area in their storefront. The atmosphere that results is fresh and adds to the overall experience. So, give The Big Slice a try - you won't be disappointed, and you sure won't go away hungry.

1  Thank sgfsutton