“MEMORIAL SERVICE”

Springfield National Cemetery
Ranked #13 of 96 things to do in Springfield
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We took our granddaughters so they could learn that many lives were lost for our freedom and to honor those that gave up their lives for this country.

1  Thank Ethel V
"memorial day"
"service members"
"these men"
in 2 reviews
"wonderful place to visit"
"walk around"
"meditate"
"trees"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2014

When I first came here my mind conjured all sorts of burial plots such as; in this plot lies the warriors who fought bravely defending the last piece of land of the Missouri, corn field. But no such thing. Yes, its a national cemetery and God bless all the families who loss someone giving their lives that we may live free and peacefully. Although the day was beautiful to walk outside and enjoy the day, I could not help but to notice all the peace and serenity the national cemetery brought to mind. It was neat to see, that some of the wives, were buried in the same plot as the husbands. Come visit this place if for any thing, just to give you a clear understanding of the price many men and women who laid down their lives that we can enjoy this liberty. They may not be able to feel you, but I am pretty dern sure they can hear you say, thank you!! Please come out and pay your respects.

1  Thank J S
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Always super lively here. Always makes me happy when I pass it. When I ask the children at my work where they love to go for birthday parties, holidays, and weekends, they say, "The National Cemetery!".

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I always try to stop at national cemeteries to honor those who have helped protect our wonderful country. What was so wonderful about this cemetery was how peaceful, pleasant, and quiet it was right off the main road. The stone walls were a wonderful touch to separate the outside world and allow you to experience and pay respect to the fallen. It is set up very nice, and they are in process of renovating the grounds, but nothing was off limits. If you are in the area stop by and enjoy.