“Fabulous Drinks!”

Cuisines: American
Nixa, Missouri
“Fabulous Drinks!”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Love Trolleys Bar! They have amazing drinks and a huge selection of them too. Great place to visit when you're downtown

Visited February 2011

Washington
“Food is just Okay”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I tried this place out with a few friends while in Springfield recently. The restaurant was pretty empty when we went in there around 6:30 pm on a Saturday night, but so was the town. Anyhow, the service was good but the food was only okay. I ordered a burger with sweet potatoe fries, and neither were anything to write home about. The others with me felt the same way.

Overall, I would recommend trying other restaurants in the area. While the atmosphere and service is fine at Trolley's, the food is only average.

• Visited May 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“too noisy, too annoying”
Reviewed March 7, 2009

too noisy, too annoying

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Sarasota, Florida
“Fat Tire Beer!”
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My mom and I ate here on a brief trip to Springfield. We had a buy one get one free coupon for the place and we're glad we tried it because we enjoyed ourselves, despite the strange mushroom side dish my mom ordered!
Seriously, the menu is fairly cosmopolitan; lots of choices from sandwiches to burgers to pasta to fish. I was personally especially pleased to discover they had Fat Tire beer on draft ($2.50 pints on Wednesday nights).
While we were there, it was pretty empty. My guess is that business picks up later in the evening (we were done by 7:00). I think there is a college nearby.
I ordered the blackened tilapia over Yukon smashed potatoes with a roasted red pepper cream sauce and asparagus as my side dish.
This was decent enough; although the sauce was a bit heavy on the cream and light on the peppers and there were only three or four spears of asparagus (pretty skimpy). I do have to remember, though, that this WAS the mid-west; can't expect your average restaurant to have gourmet chefs on hand.
My mom had a chicken, spinach and pasta dish, which she said was quite good. She also had the strange mushrooms, Mushrooms Venus, as her side dish. This appeared to be canned button mushrooms swimming in a butter and olive oil sauce. Sorta yucky looking, actually.
But, the service was efficient, the prices were reasonable, they had excellent beer, so, I'd go back.

1 Thank Empress5150