“very good”

Village Inn Family Restaurant
Ranked #153 of 718 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 3, 2013

stopped in here on the 30th and had a very good breakfast service was excellent and the place was very clean..i will be back for sure

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I ate here on a Wednesday night, and saw that they had signs all over promoting free pie on Wednesday. I've eaten at Village Inns before; they're all very good, and serve breakfast all the time. This time I had a burger and fries, it was actually really good. Then I asked about the pie, and there are only five different kinds of pie that are free on Wednesdays. They were fruit pies and one specialty one they were promoting. The service was decent, she always seemed in a rush and would disappear for lengths of time, but not bad.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The food was great. I loved eating here. It is always a Springfield tradition for my family. The only thing i didn't like was the waiter got our order wrong.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Ate dinner there this past Wednesday - we had veggies ala carte, burger, fries, chili and best of all, free pie. Food was decent, except the fries were a little too salty. Our server, Bridgette, was sincere in her efforts to take care of us and very pleasant and courteous. Reasonably priced meal; the seniors playing cards in the atrium area was an added entertainment bonus! The other staff members we interacted with were very polite and friendly - good choice of menu items as well.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

When traveling thru Springfield we try to have breakfast here. Staff always attentive without being overbearing. I ordered a veggie skillet with eggs over med. Husband ordered ultimate skillet with scrambled and all bacon not crisp. Server repeats orders back. Surprise surprise husband got eggs over med and crisp bacon and I got scrambled (uck). Husband just said ok, kept his just didn't eat bacon. Since I detest scrambled eggs mine was taken back. Just scraped the scrambled off (found bits), so I had hot over med eggs and cold potatoes mushrooms onions broccoli and icky cheese. Server showed some concern so I didn't feel I could lower her score. Food has always been very good in the past and this time will not keep us from going again the next time we are thru