“Great food, super nice staff!!!”

That Lebanese Place
Ranked #70 of 677 Restaurants in Springfield
Good for: Families with children
Description: Small, family-owned food truck. No website, but they do have a Facebook page.
“Great food, super nice staff!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I love Mediterranean & Middle Eastern food and I was ecstatic to find out there was a Lebanese restaurant in Springfield. The restaurant on Commercial is very cozy & gives an intimate vibe with Middle Eastern music. The staff was super friendly & helped my family and I choose our dishes. My fiancé ate a dish with thinly sliced beef & rice. I had a falafel sandwich and my stepdaughter had the Lebanese burger. All were excellent. We had baklava for dessert. I'm a huge fan of baklava and everyone makes it differently. I enjoyed their version, which focused more on nuts & cinnamon, rather than honey. We will definitely go back to That Lebanese Place in the (hopefully near) future.

• Visited March 2014

Springfield, Missouri
“Cute little place”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Cute little downtown restaurant. The food is very yummy, but it is an acquired taste for sure. The spices are so different than what I'm used to, but overall it was yummy and all of the food had a very fresh taste.
The only probably was the wait. I had to wait about 30 minutes for my food to come after I'd gotten my drink, which may have just been an off day for them, and it was worth the wait.

Visited January 2014
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Friendly place, good food.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went there for dinner. The owner promptly greeted me and since this was my first foray into Lebanese cuisine he went through the menu to describe the offerings that they have. I ended up ordering the Lebanese Platter which has a little bit of everything including your choice of lentil soup or a salad ( I had the tabbouleh.) The platter came with two kebabs, I ordered one chicken and one lamb. The meat was very flavorful and tender. Overall I had a great experience dining here and I would like to go back and try some of there other items.

• Visited November 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Very Good Food - Especially for a Lebanese Novice”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

So I'm officially no longer a Lebanese food "virgin". :) That Lebanese Place has very good food (I'd give it 4 1/2 stars). As others have stated, the service is a little slow, but nothing horrible - everything is made to order so slow is a good thing! The staff were nice and explained everything well when asked. My friend and I went for lunch and had a good experience. We shared an appetizer of hummus. The hummus was just the right consistency and had good flavor, in my opinion it could've used more garlic, but I thought it was done well. The hummus is served with pita bread and the pita bread is cold, something I found unusual - thought it would be warm. We then split two lunch entree's - too much food but worth it for the price! You look at the lunch menu and think, "that seems kind of expensive" ($8.99 - $10.99 for lunch entree's), however the portions are HUGE! We ordered the Beef Gyro and the Falafel Platter (10 pieces of falafel). The lunch entree's come with a choice of salad/split lentil soup. The salad options are Tabouleh, Fattoush, and a house salad. One of us ordered the Tabouleh and the other ordered the house salad called, "That Lebanese Salad". We both really enjoyed the flavors of the house salad - it wasn't a typical salad with a bunch of lettuce, it was blended together with dressing/cucumber/onion/olives/tomato/feta cheese. I've never had Tabouleh before - my friend thought it was ok and I didn't like it. I guess I'm not a fan of having a parsley based "salad" and it tasted somewhat minty too. The Beef Gyro wasn't what I expected - I thought it'd come in a pita wrap. It was beef strips over basmati rice, with a sauce, some onions, and tomatoes. The beef had a unique flavor and tasted very good with the rice. The Falafel's were good - definitely different and an acquired taste. My friend equated them to hushpuppies - I'd say that's pretty accurate. I don't think I'd order that again, or if I did I'd only want maybe 1 or 2, not 10. The bill came with these little gum candy things - they were super strange...tasted a bit like parsley - odd! Overall, I really enjoyed our lunch and plan on going back. Someone next to us had the kebab's and those looked really good. Everything is fresh and made to order, definitely something worth trying!

• Visited August 2013
Nixa, Missouri
“Great unique place to eat”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had lunch after hearing good things about the restaurant and was not disappointed. Had a great Lebanese salad with very fresh veggies. Also had lamb kabobs that were cooked to perfection & served over a bed of very flavorful basmati rice.

It is great to have a unique ethnic option like this in our non-metropolitan city.

• Visited May 2013