“Best Thai in town”

Thai Express
Ranked #186 of 781 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I have been stalking the owner, Patrick for decades. From the time he was working at Bangkok City and he mentioned he was opening a place of his own on Sunshine, off Glenstone... the Thai House was an incredible burst of great Thai food on the scene in Springfield lauded with much success. "Coincidentally", I bought a house off of Sunshine and Glenstone. Years later the Thai House would move to Southwest Springfield and "coincidentally" I bought a house southwest of Springfield. Sadly, I hate moving, so it's tough to get to the new location of his latest endeavor, the Thai Xpress off Glenstone and Cherry. Still I make it a point to grab some takeout from time to time. . . The Xpress menu has lost a couple of my "Thai House" favorites (seafood curry and sticky rice and custard); but, the menu is still extensive and the quality and flavor of the food is still unmatched. If you do eat in, you'll be treated to some soups and/or side dishes offered in the dining area and amazing service, as always.

2  Thank Jason E

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Every time I go, I am greeted by a very friendly staff and served the best Thai food I have had outside of Thailand. The owner is very supportive of the troops also. Show your military ID

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I really like this place. I lived in Springfield for 2 1/2 years and I wish I had gone there more! This is a great place for carry out or dine-in, and at a really great price. They close pretty early, however, which is a disappointment.

Everything I've had there is good. The last time I visited I had the Magic Noodle and it was delicious. :) Exactly what I wanted- a coconut curry broth with noodles.. yum! The owner is usually always in the restaurant too and is always very nice. This is definitely a place with many "regular" customers.
There are also many typical American Chinese dishes here too- all of which are good.
If you're looking for an authentic Pad Thai dish (one that is light and not orange hued and oily) , this place is so/so, nothing too exciting or wonderful, pretty much like every other Pad Thai dish in Springfield.

Also, if you dine in, you will definitely smell like the food after (since it is such a small place) -just a warning. The inside is nothing fancy either.

If you take a liking to Thai Express, it is definitely a place that can become your take-out spot because you want something tasty, cheap, and not to cook that night!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This place is great! I love their free soup (with some spicy sauce added in), the Bangkok Boom, and the fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce. They also have some pretty good pad Thai, and excellent curry! It's a great deal for your money, and the service is always fast and very friendly!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the best food period. Generous portions and great flavored. Fast and very friendly service. It's a small place, so get there early for lunch or dinner!