“Good barbecue, great pricing, great service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Whole Hog Cafe

Whole Hog Cafe
Ranked #44 of 677 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family barbecue restaurant
mrobi002
“Good barbecue, great pricing, great service.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My fiancee and I each had the brisket plate which comes with a generous portion of brisket, two sides, and a dinner roll. The sides were homecooked, fresh, and tasty! The brisket was very good. It was trimmed, tender, and sliced very thin just as it should be! The two issues I had with the brisket was it's lack of smoke flavor which was almost expected since there was no smoke ring, and it was cooked well done. Not a bad thing...just a preference on my part...I like my brisket medium and most joints I've been to cook it that way. The plethora of sauces to choose from were all tasty with my favorite being a mixture of #1, #2, &#3. My fiancee enjoyed #6 as well as combining #3 & #5. Price for two was under $20.00 before tip. Great value in my opinion. Service was great. I had one issue which was taken care of immediately and graciously. 4/5 stars for me. Hope you enjoy!

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Whole Hog Cafe has a nice selection of BBQ Sandwiches and Dinners. You order and carry to your table. Nice selection of BBQ sauces.

Visited November 2012
Springfield, Missouri
“Yummy BBQ”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I love the pulled pork, husband likes the ribs. Self service dining right across from Bass Pro Shops. You will be full! We like it so much we are planning to order there for Christmas day.

Visited October 2012
“Our favorite place to eat in springfield”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We try to eat here every time we are in town. Our family loves it. Good sandwiches, ribs and sides. I like the smoked green beans. My wife gets the bbq nachos almost every time we eat there.

MO
“Meh!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Heard they had pretty good reviews...Meh...we are bbq hounds, and this place had the worst burnt ends I have ever had. Tough meat, tasteless....The cheesy corn was ok, and the rest was just ok...service was poor...not worth my time

• Visited April 2012