“Consistent quality”
Review of D'Arpinos

D'Arpinos
Ranked #91 of 693 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
Description: near the intersection of National and Battlefield in a strip mall. Has been around at least 5 years if not more
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Another small Italian restaurant with great ambiance. I seek these because you are usually treated as family and not cattle. Every time we dine at D'Arpino's we can expect wonderful food and a friendly, cozy atmosphere. It's a nice couples get-away for a quiet dinner in a relaxing environment. Highly recommend.

1  Thank ShowMeVegas
There are newer reviews for D'Arpinos

Reviewed October 20, 2013

D'Arpino's is an unexpected gem in Springfield, Missouri. It is unassuming in its strip-mall location, but inside there is plenty of atmosphere. Though the space is small, the staff is adept at fitting in as many people as possible without crowding. The food is delicious, the entrees original, the portions generous, and the prices reasonable.

1  Thank 642laurav
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Can fill up fast, so get a reservation. And the waiting area is in the back of the restaurant, which is a little odd. But the food is wonderful, I highly recommend the lasagna & the eggplant or chicken parm. Add a glass of wine and it's a wonderful date night experience.

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed it - excellent flavored and good value for lunch. Savory and satisfying was the theme for all four in our party. As a foodie I found it a good ole home style Italian meal.

1  Thank Ann D
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place looks like a hole-in-the-wall from the outside, since it is in a strip mall. Upon entering, however, the restaurant is very clean and well-decorated (however, there are no booths - be prepared to sit at a table). Our server was very friendly, and took great care of us. The bread was good, and the spinach dip appetizer phenomenal (totally worth the Lactaid this lactose-intolerant girl has to take to consume such a thing). However, we were very disappointed when the food arrived. My eggplant parmesan was soggy, greasy, and bland. I don't think the cooks touched a single spice in the process of breading it. Another family member ordered the fettuccine alfredo, another bland and flavorless dish. My mother ordered the lasagna, which was so terrible and flavorless she asked the manager to take it off the ticket. We barely touched our food, yet it was so terrible we didn't even want to take it home for leftovers. The sticker shock on the check didn't help matters, either. We could have eaten at Bambino's (THE best Italian in Springfield, by the way) for probably half the price. The food is what makes a restaurant, so it was disappointing that the service and atmosphere was so impressive, yet the food so terrible. I wish I had a reason to come back, but I probably won't.