“Cozy date night spot.”

D'Arpinos
Ranked #107 of 677 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Romantic, Families with children
Description: near the intersection of National and Battlefield in a strip mall. Has been around at least 5 years if not more
Nixa, Missouri
“Cozy date night spot.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Can fill up fast, so get a reservation. And the waiting area is in the back of the restaurant, which is a little odd. But the food is wonderful, I highly recommend the lasagna & the eggplant or chicken parm. Add a glass of wine and it's a wonderful date night experience.

• Visited December 2012

“Great lunch specials!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed it - excellent flavored and good value for lunch. Savory and satisfying was the theme for all four in our party. As a foodie I found it a good ole home style Italian meal.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ann D
Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Won't be back”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This place looks like a hole-in-the-wall from the outside, since it is in a strip mall. Upon entering, however, the restaurant is very clean and well-decorated (however, there are no booths - be prepared to sit at a table). Our server was very friendly, and took great care of us. The bread was good, and the spinach dip appetizer phenomenal (totally worth the Lactaid this lactose-intolerant girl has to take to consume such a thing). However, we were very disappointed when the food arrived. My eggplant parmesan was soggy, greasy, and bland. I don't think the cooks touched a single spice in the process of breading it. Another family member ordered the fettuccine alfredo, another bland and flavorless dish. My mother ordered the lasagna, which was so terrible and flavorless she asked the manager to take it off the ticket. We barely touched our food, yet it was so terrible we didn't even want to take it home for leftovers. The sticker shock on the check didn't help matters, either. We could have eaten at Bambino's (THE best Italian in Springfield, by the way) for probably half the price. The food is what makes a restaurant, so it was disappointing that the service and atmosphere was so impressive, yet the food so terrible. I wish I had a reason to come back, but I probably won't.

• Visited January 2013
Ozark, Mo.
“Enjoyable Experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Today we went to D'Arpinos a local Italian restaurant. Usually we eat Italian at Olive Garden or Zeo's. My daughter recommended this place after eating here. I had Chicken Parmesean with spaghetti. Service was prompt and friendly. The menu offered a good variety of entrees and the specials were very reasonable. My wife had stuffed Chicken D'Arpino. We had garden salads before the meal. Salads were fresh and appealing. The meal was served in relatively short order. The spaghetti sause had a great tomato flavor and stuck well to the noodles. The chicken parmesean was great. The chicken was cooked to perfection. The edges were just a little bit crusty and yet the chicken itself was not overcooked. The melted cheese on the chicken was also good and complimented the meat well. The chicken also had tomato sauce on it that had a rich tomato flavor. Fresh, warm crusty bread was also served with the meal. I also learned that everything we ate was made from scratch to include the bread. The crustiness of the bread was really great with the salad and the vinegar and oil dressing I put on it.
We'll be going back to D'Arpinos now that we've discovered this place. If you are from out of town, I hope, if you choose to go here, your experience is as good as ours was.

• Visited February 2013
SPRINGFIELD
“Little bit of Italy.”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Good Food, Good Service. And fairly priced. It is a small restaurant with the Chicago feel to it. The wait staff gave good recommendations and one can see into the kitchen from the dining room. Everything looked clean as a pin. And the bathrooms were clean as well.

• Visited September 2012