Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Micanopy, Florida
“WOW! What a great suprise!”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

This hotel is awesome!! It has a modern, funky vibe and is extremely clean. There are constantly housekeepers out cleaning EVERYTHING, I have never seen so much cleaning going on at any hotel I've stayed at. And everything looks brand new- fresh looking paint everywhere, everything sparkles. The pool is amazing, huge palm trees everywhere, fountains running all around it. My daughter had a blast swimming there. We were really surprised at how neat this place is, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Lovely large indoor atrium, but rooms opening onto it have very low ceilings and are dark. Roomkeys less reliable than average- ask for an extra and save yourself the LONG walk back to the lobby. Friendly, helpful housekeeping staff- and numerous. NO ONE, however, if you need help with bags. Restaurant has unreliable closing hours- don't count on a late meal. A bit disppointing for what is supposed to be Springfield's premiere hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Branson West, Missouri
Reviewed May 6, 2010

My stay at the Ramada Oasis in Springfield, MO was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. From the moment I drove in to the "resort like" hotel, I was impressed!!! The lobby was one of the most beautiful and unique I have ever seen. The hotel has a stunning indoor pool area with amazing plants and trees everywhere. You would think you were in the tropics! My guestroom was so beautifully decorated and one of the cleanest rooms I have stayed in. I ate dinner in the hotels restaurant and was so impressed that I actually ask for a recipe (they gave it to me!!!!) The hotel was absolutely gorgeous, but more importantly the staff was so friendly and professional. From the minute I walked in I got the impression that they was there to make sure I had a pleasant stay. Every single staff member I ran into during my stay had a smile and spoke to me. I was so impressed with my entire stay and will definitely always stay at the Ramada Oasis when I am in Springfield.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
michigan
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We just returned from our second trip to the Ramada Oasis. This hotel is amazing. The beds are very comfortable, the room is spacious and has some nice ammentities including large flatscreen lcd tv's, wireless internet, and mini refrigerators. The breakfast is a step above your typical hotel continental breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, and some home made biscuits and gravy. The swimming pool and hot tub are in an atrium with palm trees and greens. I love this place and will always stay at the Oasis

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Springfield, MO
Reviewed March 26, 2010

We've stayed at this hotel for several years for conventions. The past three years, we requested adjoining rooms and the location we desired...they failed to accommodate us every time, even though we reserved several months in advance. The room decor/furnishings are nice as well as the atrium area. The breakfast was good.
We requested roll away beds and were told they didn't have any. (We had to purchase an air mattress and pump). We were in a non-smoking room, but two of three nights there were strong cigarette odours drifting into our room from somewhere. (possibly the bar? which wasn't located very far from our room) The staff was courteous, although they seemed to want us to think they were going to accommodate us (room choice, rollaways, etc.). The second day of our stay, when we returned to our rooms, the beds were not made, (we'd left no belongings on the bed) the floor wasn't vaccumed..they had only exchanged towels and rinsed out the sinks and tub. They had not wiped off any of the desks/counters, etc.
If I had paid the regular rate, I would have been more irritated. So..if you're not picky, it's not bad for the group rate we paid. The beds were comfortable. The tub drained rather slowly and the toilet flushing was so loud, it seemed as though everyone on the hall could hear it. The water pressure for the shower is very weak compared to other hotels I've stayed in. They did bring one roll a way for the last night of our stay. I'm considering a different hotel for next years convention.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
florida
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I was miserable during my entire stay. Housekeeping kept coming in when do not disturb was up. My room didn't get changed. While I was sleeping someone else was let into the room while I was sleep. I called the front desk and they said "sorry it happens!" and that was the manager talking to me.

Hot water takes 30 minutes to warm up and when it does better know how to shower in 5 minutes.

Bathrooms had silver fish crawling here and there.....I saw on in the bed sheets. Called front desk took them 45 minutes to come change the sheets. I ended up sleeping on the covers with my clothes on the last two nights I was there...

Is this place for real? Yeah it's a cheap hotel but this was CHEAP literally.

and whats with the employee attitudes? I went to the lobby looking for retaurant and asked the person on duty and they slapped a yellow book on the counter and said "you can go find something in there sorry we are busy" and walks in the back. After I found a place to go I had to wait 10 minutes for that person to walk back to me and they just ignored me and took the book and went back.

I looked at my colleague and we were in shock. We ended up walking a very dangerous area to get to the good scenic side of the town.

After we got done with dinner we called the hotel for directions back and they suggested to call a cab and I asked the person on the phone if they would call a cab for us they said, "Sorry I can't do that I don't know where you are!" Click they hung up.

I hope no one else experiences what we experienced.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We were in Springfield for an athletic event recently, and this hotel looked attractive online and was convenient to our destination. On the plus side, they've done a decent job of jazzing up what would otherwise be a roadside Ramada Inn. At times it appears they tried a little too hard for the retro-chic look, but I give them credit for the effort.

However, beware, the walls are paper thin. We got in around 11, and a party was going on in the room next door. We called down to see about getting a different room and were told there were none (hard to believe since there were plenty of rooms available when I made a reservation the night before). The front desk said they would quiet things down. In the meantime, my wife and I went down to the bar for a night cap. Not only did the kitchen close at 11 (on a Friday night!) but the bar shuts down at midnight. When we went back up to our room, surprise, it was still noisy next door. Called two more times to the front desk before anything changed.

There were other things bizarre here. When I checked in they asked to make a copy of my driver's license (the first time I've ever been asked for that after staying at hundreds of hotels). The morning breakfast, while free and hot, was a bit of a cluster----. And in the restaurant, which has a big-screen TV sports bar feel, no one on staff seemed to know how the TVs worked so we sat their watching the Dish Network logo dance across the screen.

In short, don't be fooled by the flash. The service leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple