Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Springfield, MO
“always disappointed”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

We've stayed at this hotel for several years for conventions. The past three years, we requested adjoining rooms and the location we desired...they failed to accommodate us every time, even though we reserved several months in advance. The room decor/furnishings are nice as well as the atrium area. The breakfast was good.
We requested roll away beds and were told they didn't have any. (We had to purchase an air mattress and pump). We were in a non-smoking room, but two of three nights there were strong cigarette odours drifting into our room from somewhere. (possibly the bar? which wasn't located very far from our room) The staff was courteous, although they seemed to want us to think they were going to accommodate us (room choice, rollaways, etc.). The second day of our stay, when we returned to our rooms, the beds were not made, (we'd left no belongings on the bed) the floor wasn't vaccumed..they had only exchanged towels and rinsed out the sinks and tub. They had not wiped off any of the desks/counters, etc.
If I had paid the regular rate, I would have been more irritated. So..if you're not picky, it's not bad for the group rate we paid. The beds were comfortable. The tub drained rather slowly and the toilet flushing was so loud, it seemed as though everyone on the hall could hear it. The water pressure for the shower is very weak compared to other hotels I've stayed in. They did bring one roll a way for the last night of our stay. I'm considering a different hotel for next years convention.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
florida
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I was miserable during my entire stay. Housekeeping kept coming in when do not disturb was up. My room didn't get changed. While I was sleeping someone else was let into the room while I was sleep. I called the front desk and they said "sorry it happens!" and that was the manager talking to me.

Hot water takes 30 minutes to warm up and when it does better know how to shower in 5 minutes.

Bathrooms had silver fish crawling here and there.....I saw on in the bed sheets. Called front desk took them 45 minutes to come change the sheets. I ended up sleeping on the covers with my clothes on the last two nights I was there...

Is this place for real? Yeah it's a cheap hotel but this was CHEAP literally.

and whats with the employee attitudes? I went to the lobby looking for retaurant and asked the person on duty and they slapped a yellow book on the counter and said "you can go find something in there sorry we are busy" and walks in the back. After I found a place to go I had to wait 10 minutes for that person to walk back to me and they just ignored me and took the book and went back.

I looked at my colleague and we were in shock. We ended up walking a very dangerous area to get to the good scenic side of the town.

After we got done with dinner we called the hotel for directions back and they suggested to call a cab and I asked the person on the phone if they would call a cab for us they said, "Sorry I can't do that I don't know where you are!" Click they hung up.

I hope no one else experiences what we experienced.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Des Moines, IA
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We were in Springfield for an athletic event recently, and this hotel looked attractive online and was convenient to our destination. On the plus side, they've done a decent job of jazzing up what would otherwise be a roadside Ramada Inn. At times it appears they tried a little too hard for the retro-chic look, but I give them credit for the effort.

However, beware, the walls are paper thin. We got in around 11, and a party was going on in the room next door. We called down to see about getting a different room and were told there were none (hard to believe since there were plenty of rooms available when I made a reservation the night before). The front desk said they would quiet things down. In the meantime, my wife and I went down to the bar for a night cap. Not only did the kitchen close at 11 (on a Friday night!) but the bar shuts down at midnight. When we went back up to our room, surprise, it was still noisy next door. Called two more times to the front desk before anything changed.

There were other things bizarre here. When I checked in they asked to make a copy of my driver's license (the first time I've ever been asked for that after staying at hundreds of hotels). The morning breakfast, while free and hot, was a bit of a cluster----. And in the restaurant, which has a big-screen TV sports bar feel, no one on staff seemed to know how the TVs worked so we sat their watching the Dish Network logo dance across the screen.

In short, don't be fooled by the flash. The service leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I've been a couple places. Wasted some money at a few "resorts". Treated myself and buddies to massages on the white sand beaches of a few more exotic locales, and yet, this hotel seems so much more exotic! I love the colors and design elements of the building, the stainless steel look of the pillars, the cute door handles, the beautiful trees and plants around in the indoor pool. This place was cool! It was near every type of place I might like to go. They offered a masseuse with the girls getaway package. Everything was perfect. I couldn't believe I was in a chain hotel, because of the sweet little "boutique" touches.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Kansas
Reviewed May 24, 2009

This hotel was a pleasant surprise! Off the main street, so very quiet, no street noise. This was an old hotel that has been extensively remodeled. I had 2 rooms 421 & 423, adjoining on first floor. The room is entered from an inside corridor door, but it also opens out to the beautiful "rain forest" garden that surrounds the pool and jacuzzi. The buffet breakfast (eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, cereal, danish, toast, fruit & drinks) is also served in this courtyard area. I did not get to eat or play at the "Fire & Ice" restaurant/bar, but it was busy and looked interesting. The rooms were very nice. Beds were good with very nice linens. Bath room was a tub/shower combo. It also had a second sink just outside the bathroom door. In room coffee service. Up scale amenities through out. Flat screen TV. Good WiFi. Definitely will go back to this hotel, best I have ever found in Springfield.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
wichita, kansas
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We stayed here on our way for florida, mostly for their airport shuttle. The rooms were modern and nice. The pool area was clean and not crowded. The morning breakfast was hot and edible. The front desk staff was lacking, however, the shuttle driver made up for them. He was very personable and became like an old friend when we returned. The airport shuttle is free and parking your car at this facility is free as well while you are on a trip. This hotel is gated for extra safety. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Marshfield
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Recently my husband and I were going to stay at this motel, I had researched it online, it looked to be our best choice. We chose not to make online reservations due to the fact we were paying cash. Good thing we got the red flag first thing upon arrival at the hotel. False advertising, they go by Oasis online and the actual name on their road sign is Ramada Inn. We went in to secure a room only to find that their price quote online is less than the actual charge and they give an excuse for that not compensation of satisfaction to the customer. The front desk service was slow and not real curtious either. We chose not to stay and found another hotel nearby. I do have to say from the outside it looked to be a clean hotel and appeared to have gated security but that is the best I can give them at this time.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple