Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Springfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Kansas City
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Don't quite know what was biting me in my room, whether it was bed bugs or some other kind of insect, it was a biting insect !! I woke to exactly 18 bites on the back of my legs, buttocks and back. Yes they did inspect our room for bed bugs(they say they're trained to find those hiding little buggers) but found nothing. I complained to the manager & the general manager & the gm suggested I had gotten chiggers in their courtyard, where I had never been. To my disbelief I was given no "I'm sorry this happened" or "What can we do to satisfy you", just the idea that this was my fault for I guess mysteriously getting chiggers. We were there with a lot of people for the Missouri State H.O.G. Rally and a lot of people I spoke with will never go back and I know I NEVER will!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Vicki D,

Thank you for taking my call and discussing your review with me over the phone. We take the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously and address any related concerns immediately. As I stated, we had a professional pest service inspect your room and they found no evidence of any kind of bug. My suggestion that your bites could have been caused by a chigger during your many outdoor events was not meant to be offensive, but instead just an alternate explanation since there was no evidence found in your room.

I am disappointed this experience has caused you to determine that you will not stay with us again. We hope you reconsider! It was a pleasure to host the HOG Rally and we look forward to greeting the many guests who have already made reservations for next year.

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you are planning an event, this is the place. Missy Handyside and Jennifer Schulz are absolutely great to work with. In fact, I challenge you to find better. On a scale of 1 to 10, it's a 15. They flat hit it out of the park.

Even if you are just doing a weekend get away, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Jerry C,

Wow! Thank you for posting such a great review about your stay and conference experience at the Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center! It is this kind of experience that we desire for all of our guests and we are all thrilled that you were able to host such a successful event at our property!

We certainly appreciate your endorsement and recommendation to other travelers and meeting planners. It was a pleasure to host you and your group and we look forward to your return visits!

Freeman, Missouri
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were there for a HOG Rally, and the whole staff was very helpful!! Jennifer and her staff took care of everything we asked for and then some. Guy and the ground crew went above and beyond to help us. Brad and the front desk people were always there with a smile on there faces and a friendly hello. Great breakfast and food I can say I have not had anything I did not like. Missy you should be proud your entire staff was great!! Thanks to Prime (Stan) for the Truck!!

Room Tip: Pool side if you have kids. Outside if not kids like to make noise when having fun.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear wswoody,

Ahh...thank you for posting such a great review about your stay at the Ramada Plaza during the HOG Rally! It is such a pleasure to host your group and our staff are dedicated to ensuring the success of your event. Thank you for the shout-outs to specific staff who were especially helpful. They will appreciate your acknowledgement!

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back!!

Warm regards,
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Im currently checked in here for 3 weeks and the hotel staff including the shuttle drivers and restaurant staff are amazing. They go out of their way to make sure my needs are met. The hotel is clean and beautiful the pools are nice. The laundry is cheap $1 to wash and to dry. They also have a laundry service. I almost dont want to go home

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
mishandy, General Manager at Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear krissibx,

Your review made me smile! I am delighted that we have provided such a great home away from home during your time with us and you are welcome to stay as long as you'd like. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest! Thank you for taking time to post your comments and for choosing the Ramada!

Missy Handyside
Travelers also viewed these Springfield hotels
Comfort Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Coach House
Best Western Plus Coach House
#12 of 49 in Springfield
Best Western Route 66 Rail Haven

Been to Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Property: Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Address: 2546 N Glenstone Ave, Springfield, MO 65803-4738 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel and Oasis Convention Center)
Location: United States > Missouri > Springfield
#10 Romantic Hotel in Springfield
#11 Business Hotel in Springfield
#15 Family Hotel in Springfield
Hotel Class:3 star — Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
The Oasis Hotel & Convention Center is conveniently located at I-44 and N. Glenstone in Springfield, MO. With 173 tropically inspired guestrooms, guests can enjoy double queen or king rooms, poolside rooms, private courtyard rooms or one of our lavish executive or Paradise suites. Our guestrooms feature in-room refrigerator, microwave, complimentary wireless internet, 43" LCD Flat Panel TV, Coffee Makers, and much more. The Oasis Hotel offers an indoor saltwater pool and hot tub nestled in a gorgeous tropical inspired atrium. Other amenities include an outdoor heated saltwater pool, business center, fitness center, complimentary airport shuttle service and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet. The Oasis Hotel is also home to one of Springfield's favorite restaurants, Fire & Ice, featuring the area's only ice bar and a delicious menu with a variety of dry aged steaks and seafood specialties. For groups and events, our beautiful state of the art convention center offers over 30,000 square feet of versatile meeting space, a creative culinary team, and state of the art audio visual. We look forward to having you as our guest soon! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oasis Hotel and Convention Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Oasis Hotel And Convention Center